Old 02-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #601
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post

I mean, is it overkill? I try to always push towards: keep it simple. I'm a big fan of the 80/20 or 90/10 rule: if 90% of users will want the most common (easy) use-case, and 10% might use the more complicated features, then do it the easy way. Keep it simple. Don't worry about the 10%. Curious what others would think.
Agree completely I know I sound like a broken record, but you really need to simplify ALL of this. The complexity/flexibility is great to have, but not if it gets in the way of usability, and it does.

In the Configurator, people need to be able to set up a plugin map on a single page. Have check boxes for the modifiers at the top of the page and when one (or several) are selected, show a new, blank page so the modified functions can be set up.

To be honest, @siniarch, what you would describe as a 'Beginner' mode, I would describe as a 'Pro' mode. People will want to map a plugin quickly, without having to specify the color and format for every single surface component. When they do get around to this, they will want to be able to save their setups in presets so they can be applied to other plugins.

They will want to quickly assign parameters to the Rotary and the Push, with aliases for display for each and be able to trim things like acceleration and parameter steps.

In an ideal configurator, they would be able to drag'n'drop an entire control's set up from one location to another to rearrange the surface.

Keep all the format and color stuff off the front page. I would also suggest having a good default layout, so someone can assign some parameters, type a few aliases, create a zone and have a working plugin assignment, without having to make a single format choice.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #602
andyp24

100% agree.

The Pros who buy this (and given the price range you're aiming at, will there be many non-Pros?) have better and more lucrative things to do with their time than spend an hour specifying the colour of each LED for an EQ plugin before they can use it.

I would say aim to be able to load a plugin map into the configurator, set up the basic parameters, and be mixing with it in Reaper inside 5 minutes. Given the number of plugins most of us use, that's still a fair investment of time overall.

If it takes half an hour to map each VST, I can see myself just not using it.

Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #603
siniarch

Quote:
It depends.

Might some users want to be able to say "Green/Red is for Bypass which is set to LEDButton1" and "Blue/Yellow is for 'Plugin Button 3' which I have assigned Shift+LEDButton1?" I can see why some power user might eventually want that if they have very complex setups. The latter is what you currently did and maybe people would want that.

I mean, is it overkill? I try to always push towards: keep it simple. I'm a big fan of the 80/20 or 90/10 rule: if 90% of users will want the most common (easy) use-case, and 10% might use the more complicated features, then do it the easy way. Keep it simple. Don't worry about the 10%. Curious what others would think.
So, the idea is that the Blue/Yellow colors would only show while you are pressing the modifier key or combination? but after you let go of say "shift" the Blue/Yellow" would go back to "Green/Red"?
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #604
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
So, the idea is that the Blue/Yellow colors would only show while you are pressing the modifier key or combination? but after you let go of say "shift" the Blue/Yellow" would go back to "Green/Red"?
I assume that could theoretically be possible based and that's how it would work based on the current screen design of the configurator. Like I said though, seems like overkill IMO. I'd be fine with just one set of colors.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #605
siniarch

Quote:
I assume that could theoretically be possible based and that's how it would work based on the current screen design of the configurator. Like I said though, seems like overkill IMO. I'd be fine with just one set of colors.
"Overkill", you keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

(ok that's my movie quote of the day)

Based on everyone thinking this is Overkill, I'll remove the RGBs on the modifiers on this window. If people want them and we can actually make that work with CSI they can manually add them.

Also, thanks everyone for the input. I will certainly be working on making an easier version of this configurator. I figured, now that I have it in "insane" mode, I will just finish it this way. Dumbing it down will be much easier once I have the advanced layout. Perhaps, I'll be using the "insane" mode to create FX Zones for Plugins myself. Meaning the ones provided by SiniCon. But users can create their own with the Easy FX Configurator or the Insane FX Configurator.

Thanks for all your input guys.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #606
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
To be honest, @siniarch, what you would describe as a 'Beginner' mode, I would describe as a 'Pro' mode. People will want to map a plugin quickly, without having to specify the color and format for every single surface component. When they do get around to this, they will want to be able to save their setups in presets so they can be applied to other plugins.

They will want to quickly assign parameters to the Rotary and the Push, with aliases for display for each and be able to trim things like acceleration and parameter steps.

In an ideal configurator, they would be able to drag'n'drop an entire control's set up from one location to another to rearrange the surface.

Keep all the format and color stuff off the front page. I would also suggest having a good default layout, so someone can assign some parameters, type a few aliases, create a zone and have a working plugin assignment, without having to make a single format choice.
This is all good advice IMO. I like the idea of the Configurator having a default screen type that works for most FX's, having a simple setup where people can drag and drop the FX, set a color the combined LED rings down at the bottom-center (the "button color" if you will), have a good set of defaults, options for aliases and stepped parameters, and done.

I feel like this simpler this all is, the more successful it will be. My RemoteZeroSL is still useful and it's probably close to voting age. Why? I don't use Automap and treat it like just a dumb knob box and where I can use the software editor push labels out to it and save these as templates on the unit. Makes it work with any DAW or plugin via standard MIDI Learn and I just have to turn the knob to load the right preset. With the SCE24, it's cool that it's got all these capabilities, but I would honestly end up using 10% of what it can do find one thing that works and hardly ever change it. And my biggest concern still is: I switch DAWs all the time (bounce between Reaper, Studio One and Cubase depending on the project). I need it to still be useful outside of Reaper.

Even if your firmware has these capabilities built in, I'd say for the FX Configurator: keep it super simple and easy. Hide all the advanced stuff. Maybe add an "Advanced" screen to go all out on the CSI. But I would also advise you not to tie this device to CSI either (no offense Geoff - you know I love CSI and all you've done). I'd suggest asking, "how do I get this to work as a standalone MIDI box on day 1 so people looking for a simple knob controller with displays can jump on this without Reaper+CSI."

Anyway, hope you don't take this as a bummer or me trying to rain on the parade. Just trying to offer helpful feedback and make this as great as it can be for my own very selfish reasons: I've been begging for something like an "MFTwister with screens" or "Modern Remote Zero" for years.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #607
Funkybot

Quote:
Also, thanks everyone for the input. I will certainly be working on making an easier version of this configurator. I figured, now that I have it in "insane" mode, I will just finish it this way. Dumbing it down will be much easier once I have the advanced layout. Perhaps, I'll be using the "insane" mode to create FX Zones for Plugins myself. Meaning the ones provided by SiniCon. But users can create their own with the Easy FX Configurator or the Insane FX Configurator.

Thanks for all your input guys.
I actually laughed at "insane mode!"
Old 02-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #608
siniarch

Quote:
Not to worry Funkybot, I am certainly looking at an MCU firmware for it. But it will be implemented after full functionality of CSI/REAPER mode is completed. And I am also thinking of a third mode where it will behave like your RemoteZeroSL and just be able to have dummy labels and use midi-learn with other daws. So all your suggestions are being certainly taken into consideration. I'm very grateful of all your input and the time you have taken on my little project.

Many thanks.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:05 PM   #609
siniarch

Quote:
Funkybot, Sorry to keep calling on you for this, but besides "SHIFT", "CONTROL", "ALT" & "OPTION" what other Labels would you think most people want? I believe max character is around 10-12?

If anyone else would like to suggest some, that would be great as well.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:43 AM   #610
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Funkybot, Sorry to keep calling on you for this, but besides "SHIFT", "CONTROL", "ALT" & "OPTION" what other Labels would you think most people want? I believe max character is around 10-12?

If anyone else would like to suggest some, that would be great as well.
I use the bottom row on my launchpad mini for the modifier keys and transport.

Of course, I would label the "SHIFT", "CONTROL", "ALT" & "OPTION" as you have them

The symbols would be nice for the transport though.

Maybe make the 4 buttons on the right blue, white, green, red to reflect normal transport colours.

I suspect a lot of folks would use that set
Attached Images
File Type: png Labels.png (35.8 KB, 631 views)

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 02-06-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #611
andyp24

For people who are using this as their only controller, I could agree with Geoff's set.

For myself, I would currently imagine using the SCE24 mostly for FX, and a separate unit for faders, transport etc. So those spare buttons on the SCE24 I think I'd be more likely to use for something like "open the first/next/previous FX on the current track", maybe even "select previous/next track" as well.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #612
Funkybot

I'm not sure if anyone else would use Trim, Write, Latch, Touch but I might use those for the selected track. Some folks may want something to toggle screens like: Mixer, Track Mgr, FXBrowser, ChannelFX.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #613
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I use the bottom row on my launchpad mini for the modifier keys and transport.....

....Of course, I would label the "SHIFT", "CONTROL", "ALT" & "OPTION" as you have them ....

....Maybe make the 4 buttons on the right blue, white, green, red to reflect normal transport colours.
Thanks Geoff, this helps.
The only issue with the different colors is that if I want to have the labels with white or any other color text, I need to pay $120 setup fee per label. So, let's say I want 10 different labels with different text or graphics, that would be $1200 just for the setup. This would not include the price per label. Even if I got them at $0.50 each, that is $500 for the 1000 labels and $1,200 for the setup. $1,700 just for these labels. What I've decided to do is to just have the words laser engraved, which avoids the setup fee for 9 of them. Still need a setup fee for the size of it. So tags will be black with silver text. I hope they work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
I'd be more likely to use for something like "open the first/next/previous FX on the current track", maybe even "select previous/next track" as well.
Thanks for the input.

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone else would use Trim, Write, Latch, Touch but I might use those for the selected track. Some folks may want something to toggle screens like: Mixer, Track Mgr, FXBrowser, ChannelFX.
Thanks Funkybot.

================================================== ===========
So I think I've decided to have the following ones made and sell them as a set. I know not everyone will want the entire set, but the back of the metal tags can also be used for custom printed labels with the P-Touch 6mm white on clear tape. So they can be useful as well.

Shift
Control
Alt
Option

Home
Page
Left (I think people can use these as bank 1 or Shift+Left= bank 8)
Right (maybe Control+Left = beginning of project and Control+Right=end of project)
Play
Stop
Record
Mixer
Track Mgr
FX (or should I call it FXBrowser or Show FX or FX Chain ???)

This could give people 10 extra labels that they can use on top of the modifiers. If they don't like the labels, they can put their own text on the back. What do you guys think?

Last edited by siniarch; 02-06-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #614
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks Geoff, this helps.
The only issue with the different colors is that if I want to have the labels with white or any other color text, I need to pay $120 setup fee per label. So, let's say I want 10 different labels with different text or graphics, that would be $1200 just for the setup. This would not include the price per label. Even if I got them at $0.50 each, that is $500 for the 1000 labels and $1,200 for the setup. $1,700 just for these labels. What I've decided to do is to just have the words laser engraved, which avoids the setup fee for 9 of them. Still need a setup fee for the size of it. So tags will be black with silver text. I hope they work well.
I meant the button colours, not the label colours

I agree the labels should be one colour -- too busy otherwise, also less expensive, as you say.

I'm saying if the last four coloured buttons where blue, white, green, red you wouldn't even need labels for transport, those colours are so universal.

If folks wanted to use them for other purposes, labels could be used.

I think we're in total agreement here
Old 02-10-2021, 02:34 AM   #615
siniarch

Default OLED Button

For those wondering what the OLED buttons look like:

Had a little issue with wrong documentation outlining the incorrect pin order, but all figured out now.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:25 AM   #616
DeBased

Hey guys, only read bits of this thread, but cool project. I'm a programmer and work with micros and addressable LEDs and also have used the little colour OLED screens before, v. nice.

One quick question (sorry if it came up before), for FX editing have you considered just a large high-resolution touch screen + the encoders, and actually copying the plugin GUI directly to it? You could then mark visually on the GUI (with a custom overlay) which parameter is assigned to which hardware encoder.

I personally like plugin GUIs, and find them especially useful with eg. visual editable things like curve-editing EQs that often also have live FFT displays. I would really miss that kind of visual feedback and overview of what's going on just editing generic parameters.

Obviously getting variously-sized plugin UIs to fit on fixed-resolution touch screen can be tricky (isn't everything), but the money you save on individual displays could be spend on a single really good touch LCD panel. And that gives you more flexibility, you could even put the configuration app UI right on it, touch enabled.

Last edited by DeBased; 02-14-2021 at 05:36 AM.
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #617
Nick Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBased View Post
Hey guys, only read bits of this thread, but cool project. I'm a programmer and work with micros and addressable LEDs and also have used the little colour OLED screens before, v. nice.

One quick question (sorry if it came up before), for FX editing have you considered just a large high-resolution touch screen + the encoders, and actually copying the plugin GUI directly to it? You could then mark visually on the GUI (with a custom overlay) which parameter is assigned to which hardware encoder.

I personally like plugin GUIs, and find them especially useful with eg. visual editable things like curve-editing EQs that often also have live FFT displays. I would really miss that kind of visual feedback and overview of what's going on just editing generic parameters.

Obviously getting variously-sized plugin UIs to fit on fixed-resolution touch screen can be tricky (isn't everything), but the money you save on individual displays could be spend on a single really good touch LCD panel. And that gives you more flexibility, you could even put the configuration app UI right on it, touch enabled.
This would be a step backward and away from what most would want or find the most useful. I'm trying to stay away from touchscreens for a controller like this. Each control with its own display is ideal here. For most, I would think this would be used in an audio context, so the less I have to look at something the more I can concentrate on listening.

I think someone already has a new midi controller out that is similar to what you are suggesting. The plugins are displayed on the controller. Kinda sucks tbh.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #618
andyp24

Quote:

I can sort of see the appeal of this, but not sure it's a step forward. It's trivial to get Reaper to display the GUI of the Fx that's mapped to the controller anyway, so why would I want to pay for another hi-res screen just so it's a little bit closer to the rotaries?

Given the huge variety of layouts FX plugin GUIs have, the idea that the rotaries are always going to be in the same physical "shape" as on the GUI is unlikely anyway, so as you say there's a need to "label" what each roatary does for the one that's loaded. This seems to be better accomplished by the small screens next to the rotary, as on Siniarch's device, than by some kind of "map" drawn over the GUI itself.

Also, some people will use this for controlling track levels, or pans, or sends, or the most common parameters of several FX at once (eg a simplified channel strip), so the GUI architecture seems to break down there if it's doing more than "one FX on one channel".
Old 02-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #619
Funkybot

There was a Gearslutz thread on a similar product where the center of the surface was basically a tablet where the plugin GUI would be displayed and it was surrounded by a bunch of encoders. But to make this all work, the plugins would need to be hosted in a container that the surface would read from. Not my style IMO. Novation's old Automap had this problem, as does NI's Komplete Kontrol stuff. Any type of intermediary layer like that is just one more place for things to go wrong, projects not to be recalled in the future, etc.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #620
siniarch

Quote:

Hi DeBase, welcome to the thread and thanks for the supportive words. I get your idea of the main screen and encoders around it. Not necessarily a bad one, but perhaps an entirely different approach or rather philosophy. I believe (and I could be wrong) that most people wanting a controller really want the feel of an old console with the integration and call back capabilities of the modern DAWs. Not that one is better than the other necessarily, but I just feel that people prefer encoders with a small screen (digital label) rather than concentrate on a larger screen.

These are other controllers that seem to have taken what you described and have ran with that idea.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-...utside-the-box

https://kontroleryzm.pl/ctrl-x-kicks...trl-x-2708971/

The miclop seems interesting to me because when I make another module for transport or editing, this might be something I may add to my unit. But for an encoder unit, I'll stick to the current design. Besides, I'm too far along to change course now.

Again, thanks for joining the discussion.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:02 PM   #621
DeBased

Yes I actually found the MP shortly after posting, that's what I was thinking of but didn't know it existed (I've only just got a Behringer X-Touch and haven't looked at control surfaces since the old BFC2000 days - turns out I like them after all!).

Yeah sure, there's room for different ideas. I'm quite a visual person, so I do like visual feedback. But good luck with yours, I get how much work it is from an initial idea through to all the prototypes and software iterations you have to go through. Always good to see someone getting through to the end of that ordeal .
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #622
siniarch

Quote:
Yes I actually found the MP shortly after posting, that's what I was thinking of but didn't know it existed (I've only just got a Behringer X-Touch and haven't looked at control surfaces since the old BFC2000 days - turns out I like them after all!).

Yeah sure, there's room for different ideas. I'm quite a visual person, so I do like visual feedback. But good luck with yours, I get how much work it is from an initial idea through to all the prototypes and software iterations you have to go through. Always good to see someone getting through to the end of that ordeal .
Thank you for the words of encouragement. Glad you are enjoying your controller and perhaps you can get that MP if it suits your needs.

Best of luck in all your creative endeavors.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:44 PM   #623
siniarch

Default New Knobs Are IN!

Hey Everyone,

We keep chipping away at the final product and after a month of waiting, today the NEW KNOBS came in and thought it'd be a good time to update everyone.

Take a look at the old knobs (Left) vs. the new knobs (right)

And here is the entire controller with the new knobs.

They look pretty good in my opinion. They are slightly wider, the rubber seal on top really helps with the grip and there is a softness to the knob because of it. I feel it just gives it a nice touch. They are also less reflective which I like.

We are currently working on the Main PCB Board and thankfully everything we've been wanting to add to the unit has been possible. I'll be designing the new enclosure as soon as the Main PCB board's design is complete. Checking out packaging solutions as well. Definitely can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing I hadn't planned on was Chinese New Year. Basically China shuts down for at least a week, some factories stay closed for 2 weeks and some even for 3 weeks. I'm taking the opportunity to finish the FX Configurator and the design for all the new components. As soon as everyone is back, we'll Hit the Ground Running.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #624
andyp24

Looking good 😀
Old 02-18-2021, 04:06 AM   #625
Geoff Waddington

Looks fabulous !!

Are those the finals on the lower 8 buttons ?

I have been thinking about those a lot !

I'll be able to completely eliminate the Launchpad mini mk3 by utilizing those buttons with modifiers.

The left 4 buttons will be modifiers.

Here are some examples for the right 4 buttons.

No mods:
Return to zero
Stop
Play
Record

Shift:
Trim
Read
Touch
Write

Option:
Undo
Redo
Previous Page
Next Page

Alt:
Previous marker
Next marker
Loop
Metronome

Of course, there are still all the combinations left

It's a beautiful layout because the modifiers are right there on the left, you can instantly tell that mode you are currently using on the right 4 buttons.

Those 8 bottom buttons are definitely a stroke of genius !!
Old 02-18-2021, 04:29 AM   #626
andyp24

How are you going to label/remember all those Geoff?

Serious question....
Old 02-18-2021, 04:35 AM   #627
siniarch

Quote:
Looks fabulous !!

Are those the finals on the lower 8 buttons ?
Hi Geoff,

Glad you like the knobs.

Those Bottom buttons you see are friken horrible. They are similar to the clicking type from a cheap $1 calculator. Their caps are also insanely bad. When we were looking for RGB buttons, I was only able to find single color ones. My PCB designer found these which had 7 color combinations, so we went with that knowing we would replace them as soon as we found full RGB ones. I just didn't know how bad they were.

Luckily I found GREAT full RGB buttons. They have a translucent hard rubber cap on them. It's hard enough that it's not squishy, but soft enough that it feels rubbery. A really nice feel to them. They also have a nice travel. Very similar to the OLED buttons but slightly less force needed to push them. Both the OLED and the LED buttons feel similar to a nice mechanical keyboard.

Here are some images. Not sure if you can tell that it's a rubber material.

They are rectangular and will be placed horizontally right under the OLED buttons.

I'm also glad to hear that you like the idea of these LED buttons. I remember not liking the idea of the extra size but I was feeling so guilty to dedicate 4 of the OLED buttons to modifiers which would essentially never change function.

It's really coming together better than I could have imagined. Of course I didn't get it right the first time, hence the delays and the extra features added later. But once I started playing with the initial prototype, things became clearer.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #628
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
How are you going to label/remember all those Geoff?

Serious question....
RGB is our friend here.

Currently on the Launchpad:

Shift -- dim red when off -- bright red on/latched
Ctrl -- dim blue off -- bright blue on/latched
Opt -- dim green off -- bright green on/latched
Alt -- dim yellow off -- bright yellow on/latched

Transport:
Return to zero -- dim white always
Stop -- dim white off (playing or recording) -- medium white when stopped
Play -- dim green stopped -- bright green when playing
Record -- dim red when off -- bright red when recording

Automation -- roughly matches Reaper automation colours:
Trim -- dim white off -- medium white on
Read -- dim cyan off -- medium cyan on
Touch -- dim pink off -- medium pink when on
Write -- dim yellow off -- medium yellow on

So, the combination of colours, all in close proximity, give your brain a lot of good context info, I think it will be fairly easy to know where you are, after a bit of repetition by usage
Old 02-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #629
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff,

Glad you like the knobs.

Those Bottom buttons you see are friken horrible. They are similar to the clicking type from a cheap $1 calculator. Their caps are also insanely bad. When we were looking for RGB buttons, I was only able to find single color ones. My PCB designer found these which had 7 color combinations, so we went with that knowing we would replace them as soon as we found full RGB ones. I just didn't know how bad they were.

Luckily I found GREAT full RGB buttons. They have a translucent hard rubber cap on them. It's hard enough that it's not squishy, but soft enough that it feels rubbery. A really nice feel to them. They also have a nice travel. Very similar to the OLED buttons but slightly less force needed to push them. Both the OLED and the LED buttons feel similar to a nice mechanical keyboard.

They are rectangular and will be placed horizontally right under the OLED buttons.

I'm also glad to hear that you like the idea of these LED buttons. I remember not liking the idea of the extra size but I was feeling so guilty to dedicate 4 of the OLED buttons to modifiers which would essentially never change function.

It's really coming together better than I could have imagined. Of course I didn't get it right the first time, hence the delays and the extra features added later. But once I started playing with the initial prototype, things became clearer.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Excellent !!
Old 02-18-2021, 06:08 AM   #630
andyp24

Quote:
RGB is our friend here.

Currently on the Launchpad:

Shift -- dim red when off -- bright red on/latched
Ctrl -- dim blue off -- bright blue on/latched
Opt -- dim green off -- bright green on/latched
Alt -- dim yellow off -- bright yellow on/latched

Transport:
Return to zero -- dim white always
Stop -- dim white off (playing or recording) -- medium white when stopped
Play -- dim green stopped -- bright green when playing
Record -- dim red when off -- bright red when recording

Automation -- roughly matches Reaper automation colours:
Trim -- dim white off -- medium white on
Read -- dim cyan off -- medium cyan on
Touch -- dim pink off -- medium pink when on
Write -- dim yellow off -- medium yellow on

So, the combination of colours, all in close proximity, give your brain a lot of good context info, I think it will be fairly easy to know where you are, after a bit of repetition by usage
Thanks.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 AM   #631
siniarch

Default Some Great News

Hey Guys,

I've been refraining from posting because I didn't want to bore you with all the minutia but I received some great news and I thought I'd update you guys.

The final component redesign was just finished today. I received the 3D file a couple of hours ago so that I can begin re-designing the case. Also this final component (the Main Processing Unit) has been sent out for printing and assembly. This took longer than I anticipated because the Main Processing Unit became much more complex than before because of all the added electronics and connections. This thing is a beast now.

According to my engineer, we should have ALL the new components printed and Assembled in about 1 week and 1-2 days. Which means in 2 weeks we'll have the Prototype v.2.0 fully tested. Depending on shipping time, I could have all components of Prototype v2.0 in less than 3 weeks.

The final thing would be the New Case. I need to finish the design in the next day or two and push them to deliver it to me in 3 weeks so that it can come at the same time the components reach me. If the stars align, I can get you some photos of the new design in 3 weeks or so and begin taking deposits for new units.

Very exciting news for me. I can finally see the end of the tunnel and I'm pumped to be able to get this controller in the hands of some music creators.

There are still a lot of things to do, but it's nice to see a big step so close.

I'll leave you with a test marketing video we created with the images from the 1st prototype. Of course all marketing videos will have to be re-done when the v2.0 prototype gets finished.

Enjoy.

Last edited by siniarch; 03-10-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:37 AM   #632
andyp24

Great news, and congratulations :-)
Old 03-10-2021, 03:42 AM   #633
strinxx

Default Wow!

Just came across this thread...
What an amazing piece of art!
I'd be all in!
strinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:05 AM   #634
siniarch

Quote:
Great news, and congratulations :-)
Thanks Andy. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strinxx View Post
Just came across this thread...
What an amazing piece of art!
I'd be all in!
Hello Strinxx, welcome to the thread. And thanks for the kind words as well. As soon as this puppy is ready I'll let everyone know here.

Now I must get some sleep. It's 3:04am now, and tomorrow is blocked for the CASE DESIGN.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #635
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I've been refraining from posting because I didn't want to bore you with all the minutia but I received some great news and I thought I'd update you guys.

The final component redesign was just finished today. I received the 3D file a couple of hours ago so that I can begin re-designing the case. Also this final component (the Main Processing Unit) has been sent out for printing and assembly. This took longer than I anticipated because the Main Processing Unit became much more complex than before because of all the added electronics and connections. This thing is a beast now.

According to my engineer, we should have ALL the new components printed and Assembled in about 1 week and 1-2 days. Which means in 2 weeks we'll have the Prototype v.2.0 fully tested. Depending on shipping time, I could have all components of Prototype v2.0 in less than 3 weeks.

The final thing would be the New Case. I need to finish the design in the next day or two and push them to deliver it to me in 3 weeks so that it can come at the same time the components reach me. If the stars align, I can get you some photos of the new design in 3 weeks or so and begin taking deposits for new units.

Very exciting news for me. I can finally see the end of the tunnel and I'm pumped to be able to get this controller in the hands of some music creators.

There are still a lot of things to do, but it's nice to see a big step so close.

I'll leave you with a test marketing video we created with the images from the 1st prototype. Of course all marketing videos will have to be re-done when the v2.0 prototype gets finished.

Enjoy.
Great stuff !!

Getting ever closer to your goal
Old 03-11-2021, 12:13 AM   #636
siniarch

Quote:
Great stuff !!

Getting ever closer to your goal
Thanks Geoff.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:50 PM   #637
Funkybot

Glad to hear things progressing along Luis!
Old 03-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #638
siniarch

Default New Studio Website is UP!

Quote:
Glad to hear things progressing along Luis!
Thank you Funkybot.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

A little self-serving plug that has nothing to do with the controller. Few of you know that I've also been working on my studio re-build. (some that were asking about my CSI QCon Pro G2 configuration have heard my "I don't have my QCon controller working at the moment")

I'm still about 1 month away from finishing that (seems both my controller and studio will be ready around the same time), but I just pretty much completed the website (minus photos of the studio of course) and just wanted to share.

Check it out:
www.acousticalgarden.com

I'm open to any constructive criticism btw. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:55 PM   #639
EpicSounds

This is looking fantastic. How much to get in on the group buy now?
Old 03-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #640
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
This is looking fantastic. How much to get in on the group buy now?
Thank you sir. I will PM you.