Old 03-28-2020, 07:33 AM   #1
Sulblk
Human being with feelings

Default No sound on M-Audio Oxygen 49

Good morning all. I have tried for two days to try and configure the midi keyboard to work with Kontact player 6 in Reaper V6. So this is the problem. I am acquainting myself with Reaper because I feel it has a lot of features a would like to use, but the problem is the keyboard not making a sound. If I use the virtual keyboard in Kontact, no problem, the armed light is on, but no sound comes from the midi keyboard I have tried using different channels and that is not working. I am sure i am missing something simple, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Disregard...I went back one more time to the videos and realized I did not choose the Input midi on the track itself. What a relief,

Now I just have to figure out why Analog strings (native instruments) will not open because it is telling me Kontact is outdated? Although it is ver. 6 and Strings is V 1...smh
Thanks Guys

Last edited by Sulblk; 03-28-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Sulblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
guitarpaul

Default Any Luck ?

I wish i could help you, but I cant even get my older M-Audio Axiom enabled on Reaper I'm new to all this computer based stuff. I downloaded Kontact Starter pack and cant even get that running at all.
guitarpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:52 AM   #3
Sulblk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpaul View Post
I wish i could help you, but I cant even get my older M-Audio Axiom enabled on Reaper I'm new to all this computer based stuff. I downloaded Kontact Starter pack and cant even get that running at all.
Good morning. Yes I am able to use the keyboard with Kontact and Reaper. The first thing I think I did was go to the preferences--Midi devices-- and made sure I was either on channel 0 or 1 for both input and output. Right now I am using channel 1.
Once I had that down, I went to a instrument track--right clicked on the record button--scrolled down to where it says Input:Midi--if my keyboard was there, fine, if not I used All midi inputs then choose channel 1. I opened the Kontact VST, picked which ever one---then to hear the VST play go back to Reaper and turn on the Record button.
What I did find helpful are the numerous videos that are listed on the Reaper site https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php by Kenny Gioia
Hope this helps
Sulblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:50 PM   #4
ignaciocalvo

Maybe you didn't enable the monitoring?
ignaciocalvo is offline   Reply With Quote