Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-06-2021, 12:31 AM   #1
yardware
Human being with feelings

Default Qs from a Windows Reaper user planning move to a Mac...

Hello.

I've been using Reaper for Windows for a couple of years now, works great, big fan, but now I need a bunch more Line Level I/Os for my particular gear and workflow and that requires a new machine to host Reaper and these new Interfaces and here I am...

My new-Interface search has lead me to the plan to pick up 3x MOTU 16As for their combined 48x Line Level I/Os that would all be available at once under under an aggregated device within Reaper (on a Mac).

And the plan at present is to run Reaper from a Late 2018 Mac Mini, 3.2GHz i7, with 64GB RAM, SSD OS Drive, and a big 40+" 4k monitor always running full 4k resolution. No interest in the new M1 Minis, btw.

Anything I need to look out for before I start buying things? Particular OS versions? Particular Reaper versions? Certain MOTU Drivers? Anything else?

VST compatibility is of minimal concern, loading up bunches of plugins at once isn't my approach at all, this is a largely Hardware and Live OTB setup including effects, rack and 500, etc, through a 32x8x2 Mixer, with Reaper primarily "just" being a 48ch Tape Deck that gives me Editing options after Tracking via Harware and before Mixing back through Hardware again, never Mixing ITB in my case, and Recall isn't a priority.

Mastering done elsewhere, always, fwiw.

Anyway, any known issues or advice at this time regarding my planned combo?

Thanks much.

Cheers.

Last edited by yardware; 01-06-2021 at 02:16 AM.
yardware is offline   Reply With Quote