Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #41
Jazzy2040
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboSlice View Post
Hey guys, so if I'm understanding this correctly, I load up on my master channel an eq with the values for my respective headphones, then next in the chain use isone pro,and it'll give me a true flat response, comparative to sonarworks reference?

Just wanted to know because I was about to get sonarworks but if this works the same I'll do this

Please correct me if I'm wrong but those eq setting are supposed to go into the Monitor section of Reaper they are not supposed to go in the Master affecting the mix.
The way I understand it, they give you a flat listening to make better decisions for your mix.
Jazzy2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #42
spaids
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirhom View Post
On his github page the guy posted wav files for convolution filters.

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Aut...master/results

Though it seems to be a better - more precise - solution than manually configuring EQ, I don't really know what to do with this file in Reaper.

Using it in Reaverb as Carbon said, just makes my headphones sound like... well, my headphones.

Is there a Fir filter using those wav files in Reaper ?
Or some other free plugin ?
I found my way to that github also. I found an IR for my samson SR850 headphones. I put ReaVerb on the monitor track and use the IR for convolution and set it to 0db wet and -inf db dry. There is a noticeable difference. I also end up adding normalize to the ReaVerb after the Ir file because it brings the volume down quite a bit for me.

I don't REALLY know what the heck I'm doing but I think this is an attempt at headphone correction for free with Reapers awesome tools.
spaids is offline   Reply With Quote