Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-27-2021, 05:04 AM   #1
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Default Selected MIDI item: note color, selection overlay

I'm trying to improve the visibility of MIDI notes in selected items in the Arrange window. When an item is selected, the notes turn to some nearly invisible light grey color, which is then made increasingly invisible by modifications like a time selection. Note that audio isn't similarly hard-to-read.

Here's the same track with the item selection removed for reference.

I could not find a theme development color which corresponds to the selected notes, nor any sort of overlay alpha setting. Anyone know where to adjust these? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-27 um 13.59.53.png (23.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-27 um 14.00.05.png (22.6 KB, 199 views)
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

OK, I think I see the problem. If you set the alpha of "Media item background fill mode" to 0, you'll see that selecting a MIDI item "inverts" the notes, drawing a thin dark outline around them with a white border around the outline. And when that's kind of small, like when the tracks are short, the black/white outline mix turns into a hard-to-see grey mix.

So maybe this is more of a visual bug than something fixable via a theme color. I'm not sure I see the point of "selecting" the notes inside of an already selected item, particularly seeing as the notes themselves (in the MIDI editor) are not selected.
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote