Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Did you make a donation?
Yes 7 30.43%
No 3 13.04%
Not yet, but I plan to 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #81
dreamtuned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen Tree View Post
Sorry to hear that Ben. I see you went in there so I hope you were able to fix it.
I had almost zero feedback when I got the last version out and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to OSX so... Anyway, hope you got it working.
I have the same error on OSX 10.12.3
Is there something I can do to get it working?
dreamtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #82
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtuned View Post
I have the same error on OSX 10.12.3
Is there something I can do to get it working?
Hi. I'm a bit busy but I'll look into it. Could you please PM me with the exact error you are getting? It would go a long way in getting it fixed. Thanks.

P.S. Please consider a donation to one of the shelters. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #83
amagalma

Thank you for your scripts! I have made a modification of your REAchenlangelo script. I hope you don't mind me sharing it.

Here it is.

Additions:
1) I have added three buttons below to give the ability to color Tracks, Items or Active Takes of items.
2) I have added a prompt window that pop-ups when left-clicking Save and asks the user if he/she is sure to overwrite the current loaded palette.
3) No more prompts to save palette on exit. Palette is automatically saved to last_palette_on_exit.txt as a backup.
4) When loading a palette, if you choose to load last_palette_on_exit, then you are prompted to save it with a new name. If you cancel then the default palette gets loaded.
5) Right-click hex value to copy it to the clipboard or left-click to copy it to the clipboard but in a SWS-AutoColorTracks-ready format (starting with 0x)

I would like to add the following things:
1) remember window position at last exit
2) right-click hex value to copy it to the clipboard or left-click to copy it to the clipboard but in a SWS-AutoColorTracks-ready format. Done!

Last edited by amagalma; 03-10-2017 at 06:38 PM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #84
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Thank you for your scripts! I have made a modification of your REAchenlangelo script. I hope you don't mind me sharing it.
Hi, thanks! Not, don't mind at all. Do your thing. It wasn´t really my script, more 50/50 with SPK77 code

Sure learned a lot since then, eheheh. Not enough, though

I've been developing a UI framework(such a big word, and probably using it wrong but... ) so I was hoping to rewrite it somewhat in the near future.

I've been using it to write some custom scripts for myself that I'll eventually release when I get some "one shoe fits all" approach to them, right now they do stuff suited for myself but everyone's needs are different...

Should we collab on REAchelangelo or you want to do your own thing?

Last edited by Spacemen Tree; 03-11-2017 at 07:12 AM.
Spacemen Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #85
amagalma

I am very honoured to get asked for a collaboration, but I have no idea on programming! I just hack/modify other people's codes to my needs by trial and error and by trying to reverse-engineer and understand what other people have done.. But sure, if I could be of any help, I would happily collaborate!
Old 03-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #86
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
I am very honoured to get asked for a collaboration, but I have no idea on programming! I just hack/modify other people's codes to my needs by trial and error and by trying to reverse-engineer and understand what other people have done.. But sure, if I could be of any help, I would happily collaborate!
LOL Don't be! Well, when I made REAchelangelo, I really had no idea either. What I did was also "hack/modify other people's codes to my needs by trial and error and by trying to reverse-engineer and understand what other people have done". Spk77 was kind enough to let me use his stuff for this, and I spent quite a while (badly) reversing it. Around 99% of the time I did not know what I was doing
Fast forward to now, I can read and understand a good deal but I'm far from Lokasenna or mpl.
But since you have the will to do it, go ahead! It's addictive. I haven't done much, but have been putting in half an hour here and there, mostly experimenting and such. It's been rewarding.

If you are into UI and stuff like that I learned a lot from this one:

https://books.google.pt/books?id=dLI...8C&redir_esc=y

It's very good. Give it a read.
And check Lokasenna's GUI tutorial http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=176662

Having read and experimented with those two, I now actually understand the stuff I hacked from Spk77 to created these scripts I even got my head around metatables, which I thought I'd never would.

Anyway, if you're cool with a collab, do me this one favour. When you had code to REAchelangelo, put something there to indicate you added it, like say

--- amagalma mod number x starts here
--- your code
--- amagalma mod number x ends here

So when I get around rewriting this with the new stuff I've been doing, I'll include your code more easily.

Last edited by Spacemen Tree; 03-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Spacemen Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:27 AM   #87
amagalma

Thank you for the suggestions on reading

Yes, it's addictive! I hope I do not let music go for programming! :P ( I am a professional musician)

Next time I change something in the code. I'll note it! ... For now, you could compare the two codes as text files with some online text comparators and see the differences.

Some things that I d like to be added are:
2) ability to toggle input sliders between rgb and hsv
3) ability to click on hex display and enter manually a color code DONE
4) button to copy color from an existing track/item/take
5) when selecting a track or item, the script gets its color and if it exists in the current palette, it shows which one it is

Last edited by amagalma; 03-12-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #88
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions on reading

Yes, it's addictive! I hope I do not let music go for programming! :P ( I am a professional musician)

Next time I change something in the code. I'll note it! ... For now, you could compare the two codes as text files with some online text comparators and see the differences.

Some things that I d like to be added are:
2) ability to toggle input sliders between rgb and hsv
3) ability to click on hex display and enter manually a color code
4) button to copy color from an existing track/item/take
5) when selecting a track or item, the script gets its color and if it exists in the current palette, it shows which one it is
Dunno. I 've had to get really disciplined with this or like you say my music would suffer. Not art, though

Thanks for taking my request into consideration.
As soon as I've got all relevant stuff working, I estimate it would take me around a week's worth of half an hours to rewrite this.

Regarding stuff to be added:
1. is simple and probably a 5 min fix once I get it rewritten... You can investigate Get and SetExtState if you want to go ahead and toy with it.
2. dunno really, I'd have to aquaint myself with hsv.
3. Doable.
4. Doable.
5. More work but guess it's doable too.

Let me set aside some time to get the ball rolling and I'll get back to you on it on more concrete terms. But if you want to keep experimenting with it, by all means be my guest

Oh it's always handy to bookmark this too https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/reascript-doc/
Awesome time saver! I'll be in touch!
Old 03-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #89
amagalma

I added a bit of new code in the Main Loop section.

In the new version the mode for Tracks or Items is selected automatically according to the cursor context (what was clicked lastly). The Takes mode is manual. To exit this mode, simply click one of the other two.

New code in HEXinfo_INIT too.
Right click to save SWS autocolor-ready hex code or left click to enter hex color code.

Last edited by amagalma; 03-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #90
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
I added a bit of new code in the Main Loop section.

In the new version the mode for Tracks or Items is selected automatically according to the cursor context (what was clicked lastly). The Takes mode is manual. To exit this mode, simply click one of the other two.

New code in HEXinfo_INIT too.
Right click to save SWS autocolor-ready hex code or left click to enter hex color code.
I'm thinking you're full throttle addicted
Keep at it!
Old 03-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #91
X-Raym

@amalgama, @Spacemen tree
Quote:
I hope I do not let music go for programming! :P
You can do coding AND music at the same time :P
http://sonic-pi.net/

For saving presets in external file so that the value windows can be restored at the last place no matter the project, you can take a look at my region clock script to see the logic.
It rely on a spk77 lua script to create library, but you can write your own custom format.

2) You can adapt than : columns/color.lua at master · EmmanuelOga/columns (I did for a script, and it works great)
6) Also having Reapack version could be great
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #92
amagalma

I added a button to Get the color of the active take of selected item or selected item's color or selected track's color (according to context).

Spacemen Tree, I just want you to fix something in the graphics, for the button to be seen more clearly. Thanks!

https://stash.reaper.fm/30124/REAchelangelo%20MOD.lua

@X-Raym: Thank you for your help! I'll have a look at the links you provided! ... If Spacemen Tree is ok, we could add it to Reapack..
Old 03-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #93
amagalma

I have made quite a lot of changes, so I decided to post it in a new thread in the Reascript forum.

Last edited by amagalma; 03-25-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #94
juddem

Could you make REAzard of Oz remember the last position and open in that position instead than top - left as it does now? In ReaNoir Its fixed. Its very important for me ;-)
juddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #95
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddem View Post

Could you make REAzard of Oz remember the last position and open in that position instead than top - left as it does now? In ReaNoir Its fixed. Its very important for me ;-)
Hi.

I'm sort of out of the game because I'm building a new PC and it's been slow. Not much time.
But keep an eye out. I have intended to redo a lot of stuff in this script and release a lot of other ones but have not come around to it yet.

You can check the track tags script by spk77. I haven't yet but I'd wager it's great. This script is basically me hacking his code so... It's here https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=203446

Have fun. Donate to the shelters if you can, even $1 would be great.

Thanks

Btw, thank you to everyone who donated. Thumbs up guys!
Old 06-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #96
javiramallo

Hi!.

Come on, friend! I encourage you to continue with this wonderful project!
It is seen that it must be a type of Script, very very complicated to do since nobody who has tried it has ended up finishing it.

The work you have done so far is extraordinary, do not let it remain unfinished.

In case it helps and I catch you wanting to get down to work, I tell you what I miss in my humble understanding.
For my part I miss things like:
- Be able to select more than one GROUP at the same time. For example, on many occasions I need to see the drums and bass. Or the vocals and keyboards .... or things like that. (This is one of the most important thing, I think!).
- "GROUP SELECTOR" can be used in toggle mode? It would be great if you could! or at least be able to choose!
- I think it is necessary to make the window remember its position and
size when opening and closing.
- I also think that it would be necessary to reduce the amount of space that the window occupies on the screen, for this, the left menu should be able to hide. Also and the upper window frame should be able to hide also.
- Very important, you should be able to reorder the group list. (Dragging& dropping maybe???).
- When creating the groups they could inherit the color of the tracks it hosts, at least of the first one.
- When creating the groups they could inherit the name of the tracks it hosts, at least of the first one.
- The groups that are not in use should be much more clearly differentiated from those that are in use. Even hide them if possible.

BTW.
I know the "Track Tag" Script of Spk77 but has several deeps problems to work well in some common cases, for example when create groups with folder which has others folder inside. (You can take a look to the latest posts in the thread of "Track Tags" script!)
Also, SPK seem not have time to go ahead with it I think. A pity!

Sorry for my english!
Thanks in advanced for read.
Cheers from Spain.

Javier.
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:52 AM   #97
Spacemen Tree

Hola.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will try to find some time to do it. Maybe by the end of the month...
I'll go through your ideas, probably not too hard to do.
Will be in touch.

Saludos!
Old 06-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #98
javiramallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen Tree View Post
Hola.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will try to find some time to do it. Maybe by the end of the month...
I'll go through your ideas, probably not too hard to do.
Will be in touch.

Saludos!

Ohhhh!! Muchas Gracias.

Un abrazo.
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote