Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-18-2020, 05:20 AM   #1
dahya
Human being with feelings

Default Resolved: Air Music Mini Grand Piano Crashing Reaper

Hi all,

I just thought I'd pass on a fix for the AIR Music Mini Grand Piano, which may possibly even be a fix for other VSTs similar to this:. The VST in question is here:

https://www.airmusictech.com/product...d#.X4wxOdBKhhE

For a while when I loaded it into a Reaper Track, and with it being the only track on Reaper, it didn't make any sounds, and once I pressed the start button to start playback, Reaper promptly crashed every time I repeated this exercise.

I contacted Air Music support a number of times who weren't really able to help, but did assist in proving that it was ok in Ableton, so the fault was probably with Reaper.

It took me a while to figure out the solution that worked, and I can't ever remember changing this value, but I maybe must have done as it is not a default setting. Anyway, this is the fix:

Options --> Preferences --> Playback, Set the following option on: Run FX when stopped

This did the trick, and now the VST plays back as normal.
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
jkh_audio

Thanks for posting this. I'm having an issue where even _loading_ Mini Grand into a track crashes Reaper.

I'm running Reaper 6.16 (latest) on a Mac with OS 10.11.6

I tried checking the box you mentioned, but that doesn't solve my problem. Any chance you have any other suggestions to try?
jkh_audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:18 AM   #3
dahya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh_audio View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'm having an issue where even _loading_ Mini Grand into a track crashes Reaper.

I tried checking the box you mentioned, but that doesn't solve my problem. Any chance you have any other suggestions to try?
One of the things the support people told me to do, and which I had done a few times anyway, was to apply the update:

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/mini-grand#updates

not sure if that helps, or if you've already done this?
Old 11-25-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
dahya

Quote:

Also, you could try contacting support, apparently there's different teams across the world, and at one point I had someone from Europe and someone from elsewhere both looking in the issue. The Europe one was certainly responding a lot quicker, here's the contact details I think:

https://www.airmusictech.com/support
Old 11-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
jkh_audio

Thanks! I did find a solution, but in my case (after trying the latest version, which also crashed immediately) it was loading up the oldest version that AIR still offers for download. Perhaps it's because I'm running a pretty old operating system (El Capitan), but now it works perfectly.

I hadn't realized there were multiple versions still available, so thanks for pointing me in that direction.
jkh_audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
dahya

Quote:
Thanks! I did find a solution, but in my case (after trying the latest version, which also crashed immediately) it was loading up the oldest version that AIR still offers for download. Perhaps it's because I'm running a pretty old operating system (El Capitan), but now it works perfectly.

I hadn't realized there were multiple versions still available, so thanks for pointing me in that direction.
no problem, glad I could be of help !