Old 11-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
AndersÅ
Human being with feelings

Default Dante Virtual Soundcard

Hi,

Is it possible to use another hardware like Focusright 2i2 together with DVS in Reaper?
Is it the same for both incomming and outgoing sound to the Focusright 2i2?

If it is possible, how will I configurate Reaper?

Thanks
/Anders
AndersÅ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
ply

Hi,

no, not in the easy way. You need to use very single device for audio input and output. It could be though driver-level virtual device which aggregates several pieces of hardware. On macOS it was possible system-level aggregate device with CoreAudio - I don't remember how it's called exactly - but I'm not sure how stable and accurate it is. You can try Dante Via as well, but AFAIK it only supports 48kHz sample-rate.

Best,
Paweł
Old 11-17-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersÅ View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to use another hardware like Focusright 2i2 together with DVS in Reaper?
Is it the same for both incomming and outgoing sound to the Focusright 2i2?

If it is possible, how will I configurate Reaper?

Thanks
/Anders
Welcome to the Forum, Anders!
What are you trying to achieve? DVS can only connect to another computer which is running Dante Via or to Dante hardware devices. You cannot select two audio devices at once in Reaper.

Dante Via can aggregate USB/Firewire audio devices and the audio of different applications and send them to another computer running Dante Via (or DVS) or to other Dante hardware devices. If you run Dante Via on the same computer that hosts the 2i2, then Dante Via will allow you to route the 2i2's audio over the network.

By using the "Voxengo Recorder" plugin, it is possible to output audio to a different audio device than that selected in Reaper audio device preferences. If you have chosen the 2i2 as the audio device in Reaper you could use Voxengo Recorder to route audio to a pair of DVS channels (if DVS is running in WDM mode). This would allow you to use the 2i2 as your regular audio interface and still route audio across the network via DVS (to some kind of other Dante device or a computer running Dante Via). You can also do it the opposite way: choose DVS as Reaper's audio device and then use Voxengo Recorder to output something to the 2i2. Be aware that Voxengo Recorder introduces latency!

Maybe you can clarify what you are trying to accomplish.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #4
AndersÅ

Default Thanks

Thanks for clear it out!

Best regards
Anders Åsljung
AndersÅ is offline   Reply With Quote