Old 12-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default 6.0 Theme tweaks - nearly there!

Still not 100% happy with all the colours and fonts, but...

Starting with the nice mod that YuriOl made, I've now added red green and blue mcp layout options, Cubase style toolbar buttons and midi editor, clearer track selection in mcp/tcp, as well as the lighter 5.0 style arrange look, and it's all still working with the theme adjuster. Colours are still a tad bright but I'm working on that.

Most of my personal concerns with the 6.0 theme have now been solved, but I wish I could get the track names to sit above the faders in the mixer (or at least stop them from staggering with the tracks themselves) so they're always lined up even on child tracks. Also, I'm not a big fan of the design of the FX label above the faders in the mixer, but I don't have the skill to craft a better one. I don't like the transparent envelope icon either, but I can probably fix that myself.

This should tide me over until one of you WALTER wizards creates the killer 6.0 theme mod we're all waiting for.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
synkrotron

Nice one joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
This should tide me over until one of you WALTER wizards creates the killer 6.0 theme mod we're all waiting for.
It is relatively quiet here at the moment, just us newby tweakers stumbling through things as best we can, so I reckon they are beavering away fabricating something awesome
Old 12-11-2019, 02:17 AM   #3
Vagalume

Cooooooooooool dude!!!!!

Can you share it plz? I want to steal some of your ideas.

Last edited by Vagalume; 12-11-2019 at 03:04 AM.
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 AM   #4
WaterWaterTasmania

This looks great - where can one get the theme to try it out?
WaterWaterTasmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
nait

2nd screenshot, in particular, looks quite nice!
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
Joe90

Hey guys, I'm still working on it but I'm happy to share when I feel like it's ready. I've got the colours calmed down a bit now, and the mixer tracks narrower.

Bear in mind these 6.0 edited themes might not share well if they have edited png's. There are three sets of png's for each element on the mixer/tcp, they all need to be edited and replaced separately for the theme to work correctly at different resolutions.

I've only been editing the ones I need for my particular use, which not a typical one - I have a main monitor in 4k, and a second mixer monitor at 1080. If I drag my mixer onto my main monitor for example, the edited png I'm using to show track selection in the mixer by bleeding the colour above the track completely disappears. Reaper detects that it's now displaying the mixer in 4k, and uses a different layout with different pngs.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #7
synkrotron

Hi joe90

Quote:
and the mixer tracks narrower.
Have you had a go at making the fader image a bit narrower too? It really helps to shave a couple more pixels off your mixer track width

[quote
I've only been editing the ones I need for my particular use, which not a typical one - I have a main monitor in 4k, and a second mixer monitor at 1080. If I drag my mixer onto my main monitor for example, the edited png I'm using to show track selection in the mixer by bleeding the colour above the track completely disappears. Reaper detects that it's now displaying the mixer in 4k, and uses a different layout with different pngs.[/QUOTE]

Totally understandable and I would do the same

cheers

andy
Old 12-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #8
daniellumertz

how did you colored by beat the background? and not by track? I wanted to do the same have seen some people using that way
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Hi joe90

Have you had a go at making the fader image a bit narrower too? It really helps to shave a couple more pixels off your mixer track width
No, but only because I've got the tracks to the width I like, with no text truncating, and with reasonably chunky faders (i.e still the original size) which I actually like. I basically followed your tweaks for the mixer width, changing the same things you did, so perhaps my fonts are just set smaller than yours as I didn't have the truncating issue. I just want to figure out how to get the track names above the mixer now, but that one is beyond me.

daniellumertz - Preferences/Appearance/Divide arrange view vertically every *O* measures.
If you also go into snap/grid settings and check 'grid snap settings follow grid visibility' and change the grid line spacing minimum pixels (top right) to around 25, you'll get a very nice adaptive grid setting that feels very natural.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #10
Vagalume

"and the mixer tracks narrower"

Cool ... I will wait for it
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:47 AM   #11
Digipope

Yes share pls. I need High contrast theme. Default V6 is too grey for my eyes.
Digipope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
daniellumertz

Quote:
N

daniellumertz - Preferences/Appearance/Divide arrange view vertically every *O* measures.
If you also go into snap/grid settings and check 'grid snap settings follow grid visibility' and change the grid line spacing minimum pixels (top right) to around 25, you'll get a very nice adaptive grid setting that feels very natural.
Cool but is a bug if the grid is in triplet isn't it ? Like de background divider still straight and the grid miss the background :/
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote