Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 07-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #1
zaibuyidao
Human being with feelings

Default After scrub preview MIDI, return the playback cursor to its original position

This is the habit of cakewalk. After scrubbing preview MIDI data, the playback cursor can return to the position before scrubbing (for immediate playback)

After the REAPER scrub preview MIDI, the playback cursor does not return to the original position, but stays at the position after the scrubbing (so, I often need to reposition the playback cursor to the original position)

To realize the operation of cakewalk, you should just hold down the left mouse button and drag to preview the MIDI data. After releasing your hand, the playback cursor will automatically return to its original position.
But as a script beginner, it is very difficult to achieve this operation accurately.

So, I wrote two relatively easy scripts for switching. Press the A script to remember the cursor position, and then press the B script to restore the original position.

It seems to achieve the effect, but the operation is too cumbersome. I wonder if anyone can help improve?

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: gif scrub1.gif (19.7 KB, 181 views)
File Type: gif scrub2.gif (33.2 KB, 192 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip script_A&B.zip (935 Bytes, 92 views)

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 07-09-2020 at 08:14 AM.
zaibuyidao is online now   Reply With Quote