Old 01-12-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
dmizesr
Human being with feelings

Default Sine Player - no sound

I installed Sine Player. Everything looks as it should. When I play the virtual keyboard in the plugin I get sound. When I play my controller the corresponding notes on the virtual keyboard change indicating I'm getting MIDI into the plugin. I also see meter activity on the channel. I've changed the MIDI input on the channel to everything imaginable. When I leave it on "All Channels" of my Keystation it shows activity. But I'm not getting any sound when playing through my controller.

Any and all help appreciated.

DWM
dmizesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:05 PM   #2
b2001

It would appear that the virtual keyboard - sine player midi channels match up while something about the controller and/or midi input device on the track do not match up with sine player.

However, the virtual keyboard and the input midi device channels do match up if you are getting midi activity.

Record some random midi notes from the virtual keyboard. Right click on a note and inspect its properties/midi channel. What is it?

Do the same with the controller. What is it?

Typically, i set the input midi device to receive on all channels; then make sure the controller and vsti midi channels match up. Some vstis allow to receive on all channels, some don’t.
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:16 PM   #3
Wallaby

Default Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmizesr View Post
I installed Sine Player. Everything looks as it should. When I play the virtual keyboard in the plugin I get sound. When I play my controller the corresponding notes on the virtual keyboard change indicating I'm getting MIDI into the plugin. I also see meter activity on the channel. I've changed the MIDI input on the channel to everything imaginable. When I leave it on "All Channels" of my Keystation it shows activity. But I'm not getting any sound when playing through my controller.

Any and all help appreciated.

DWM
The track is armed, you have activated it for recording by pressing the R button.
Next to the R button is the I button for monitoring, press it.
The incoming midi signal is then forwarded to whatever is in the track to receive midi.
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:37 PM   #4
dmizesr

Default Thanks for the help

I played a few "silent" notes on my controller and then right-clicked one. It was sending on channel 16. I'm going to blame that on the cats wandering across my keyboard from time to time. (seems reasonable)

Anyway, I changed the controller to send on channel 1 and everything is working as it should.

THANK YOU to everyone for the help. Sometimes the internet works.

DWM
dmizesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:09 PM   #5
b2001

Reasonable conclusion!

I have had my cat walk across my laptop keyboard when i had Reaper open and took a break. I always save before breaking, so i didn’t lose anything; but i sure had a lot of popup menus up and could not easily understand the state Reaper was in.

Over at gearspace there is a cats and synths thread so we’re in good company.

Glad you got it sorted.
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote