Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-18-2021, 03:19 AM   #1
reapero
Human being with feelings

Default How do i make items NOT inherit the color of a track, but just in 1 track

So i have splitted a bunch of video items from different movies across different tracks, each one with its own color. This is cool becasue i know that yellow clips belong to MovieA, red clips to MovieB and so on.

Now i want to make the final montage in one or 2 video tracks, dragging all of these smaller items, but i dont want the items to inherit the colors from the new "video edit track". I want them to keep their colors cause i still want to visually differentitate if they are from movieA or movieB, when they sit on the same track.

Is there a preference to toggle this, for just one or 2 tracks in the project?
Thx
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:11 AM   #2
benmrx

I believe item color overrides track color (and take color overrides item color). So you could color items the same color as the tracks they are currently on. There might be a a script for this. Or maybe there’s a native action.

Then after you’ve colored the items they should retain their color as you drag them to different tracks.
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
benmrx

Here's a simple script for ya if you want it. I didn't test this too much so let me know if there are any issues.

This will set the custom color for all selected items to the color of the track they are currently on. This will make it so items retain their colors as you drag them to different tracks.

Note, that currently, this script will wipe out any custom color an item may already have and replace it with the track's color. If you want it so that items will retain any custom color that may already be set let me know.

Attached Files
File Type: lua Revilo_SetItemColor_To_TrackColor.lua (517 Bytes, 58 views)

Last edited by benmrx; 05-18-2021 at 11:35 AM.
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:16 AM   #4
reapero

thansk all!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:25 PM   #5
twonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmrx View Post
Here's a simple script for ya if you want it. I didn't test this too much so let me know if there are any issues.

This will set the custom color for all selected items to the color of the track they are currently on. This will make it so items retain their colors as you drag them to different tracks.

Note, that currently, this script will wipe out any custom color an item may already have and replace it with the track's color. If you want it so that items will retain any custom color that may already be set let me know.

SUPER THANKS
twonky is offline   Reply With Quote