Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Tycho
Human being with feelings

Default Midi data being shifted when deleting time selection

The following image (https://i.imgur.com/PIUPm.gif) shows a time selection of 2 measures being removed via "Remove contents of time selection (moving later items)". I circle my mouse around the front of a midi clip where you can see that the first note lines up with the leading edge of the clip and the clip is lined up with the grid line. After the time selection is deleted, you can see that while the leading edge of the clip is still lined up with the grid line, the midi data within it (the notes in this case) has not shifted with the clip. This only happens when deleting a time selection of 2 or more measures in length. For some reason just removing 1 works fine and the midi moves properly. This is in 4Alpha63.

I have tried changing the clip's timebase among other things and the only thing that seems to work is setting the clip to "ignore project tempo" and hard coding the value. While this does work, it's not a real solution as you can't apply the property to several clips at once. There are 400+ midi clips in this project, I would have to repeat the same setting for each one. Also, gluing items fixes the issue, but again this would take a lot of time to individually glue each item as I need to keep all the clips separate for future editing.

Is there any other way to have midi clips move properly? This seems like a bug, but I'm guessing there is some setting or workaround other than the one I described.

Thanks

Last edited by Tycho; 04-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Tycho

Any ideas on this? It's really causing some problems.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
parfumer

Tempo in this project does not change?
parfumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Tycho

Tempo does change, multiple times