Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-03-2024, 04:34 PM   #1401
Stringer
Human being with feelings

Default Don't Appear

I have installed these tools in Reapack using this URL

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...ster/index.xml

But they don't appear in the JS effects list. If I look at "Manage Repositories" they are there, and if I look at "Browse Packages," they are there, but not when I try to add them as an effect.

I am using Reaper for Linux in Manjaro. Any idea why they don't appear or what I could do?
Old 01-03-2024, 04:38 PM   #1402
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I have installed these tools in Reapack using this URL

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...ster/index.xml

But they don't appear in the JS effects list. If I look at "Manage Repositories" they are there, and if I look at "Browse Packages," they are there, but not when I try to add them as an effect.

I am using Reaper for Linux in Manjaro. Any idea why they don't appear or what I could do?
You have added the repository, but have you installed the jsfx plugins?
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 06:38 PM   #1403
Stringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
You have added the repository, but have you installed the jsfx plugins?
Other repositories, such as the Tukan plugins, did not need to be specifically installed, so I am not sure what you mean. When I selected "Browse Packages" and found them there, I did click on a couple of them and "install" them, but the two I did that with did not subsequently appear in the FX window.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:04 AM   #1404
slangbein

Linux Mint here. Saike Plugins needs to be installed. Just checked, there were a few new ones, which i had not installed previously.
I did install final boss, and it did show up under fx after a reaper restart only.
slangbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:26 AM   #1405
sai'ke

Indeed. You have to install the plugins you want specifically (which you already did if you clicked install in the package browser) and either force refresh the plugin list (on Windows that would be F5 on the fx browser) or restart REAPER after that.

The reason I kept them as separately installable packages is so that you don't have to install those you don't want and if you want to revert a specific plugin to a specific version you can.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:04 AM   #1406
J Reverb

Hi Saike,
Loving Filther Final boss is nuts ! lol

On the subject of filters I am trying to hook up my turntable to my interface and was wondering how easy it might be for someone like yourself to make an RIAA to boost the signal with the correct curve to enable recording from vinyl ? Any thought's ? I remember having a vst RIAA a while back but all links are dead.

Best,
J.
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:37 AM   #1407
Stringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Indeed. You have to install the plugins you want specifically (which you already did if you clicked install in the package browser) and either force refresh the plugin list (on Windows that would be F5 on the fx browser) or restart REAPER after that.

The reason I kept them as separately installable packages is so that you don't have to install those you don't want and if you want to revert a specific plugin to a specific version you can.
Yes, after a restart, the two packages I installed, Dust Verb and bric-a-brac appear. Dust Verb is subtle, at least on a string pad with a lot of other stuff going on. I'll play with it more.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2024, 01:40 PM   #1408
Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Dust Verb is subtle, at least on a string pad with a lot of other stuff going on. I'll play with it more.

Thanks!
Try making a pad with it It's an amazing sound design machine.. You can turn anything from a dull piano into a choir full of angels fluttering around the sky, to a basic 808 sub into a warhorn and viking armada getting closer and closer to shore.. It's incredible, and my CPU stays asleep.
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:55 PM   #1409
Ears

Is it possible to modulate Inharmonicity in Yutani?
Old 01-04-2024, 02:07 PM   #1410
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
Is it possible to modulate Inharmonicity in Yutani?
At the moment, it isn't, no. Do you see a need for it?

Are you more interested in modulation from a controller/timeline or from the free LFO?
Old 01-04-2024, 03:05 PM   #1411
Ears

Quote:
At the moment, it isn't, no. Do you see a need for it?

Are you more interested in modulation from a controller/timeline or from the free LFO?
I was just playing around with it in poly mode and noticed it created a nice warble/tape like effect if you wiggle it just a touch, so I was going to assign it to a controller/open track envelope and add a sprinkle here and there. I can certainly achieve it other ways though so it's not a problem.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:15 PM   #1412
Stringer

Quote:
Try making a pad with it It's an amazing sound design machine.. You can turn anything from a dull piano into a choir full of angels fluttering around the sky, to a basic 808 sub into a warhorn and viking armada getting closer and closer to shore.. It's incredible, and my CPU stays asleep.
You are right! I am having a lot of fun with it! It reminds me a bit of Geraint's Atlantis reverb, but a lot more weird.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:17 PM   #1413
gtrcomposer

Default LAVA REVERB IS AMAZING!

I absolutely love Lava verb. It's very flexible and has gorgeous GUI! I had been needing a verb just like this for a very long time! Thank you so much!
gtrcomposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 09:35 PM   #1414
PMan

Default Bandsplitter/Phase Matcher question

Greetings Saike.
The Band Joiner has me scratching my head...
- The Bandsplitter has 2 inputs and 10 outputs
- The Phase Matcher has... 2 inputs and 10 outputs.

I don't understand. Should I combine the multiple bands into a single stereo signal, and feed that into the Phase Matcher? Why does it have 10 outputs?

Your FX are the bomb, btw. Thanks for all that you contribute!

PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:01 PM   #1415
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrcomposer View Post
I absolutely love Lava verb. It's very flexible and has gorgeous GUI! I had been needing a verb just like this for a very long time! Thank you so much!
Thank you for the kind words. Hope you have a lot of fun with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
Greetings Saike.
The Band Joiner has me scratching my head...
- The Bandsplitter has 2 inputs and 10 outputs
- The Phase Matcher has... 2 inputs and 10 outputs.

I don't understand. Should I combine the multiple bands into a single stereo signal, and feed that into the Phase Matcher? Why does it have 10 outputs?

Your FX are the bomb, btw. Thanks for all that you contribute!

No, phase matcher is intended to keep tracks that have not undergone any bandsplitting matched with tracks that do. It's an accident that it has 10 outs (I started from the band-splitter and never updated the count). I will change that. Thanks for the bug report .

I made an attempt to explain it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_7gIr5RTI

It's mostly intended for cases where for example you have two recordings where you demand that the phase remains coherent. As in, two tracks need the same distortion. One place where this may be the case drum mics. If a hit is picked up from multiple drum mics, you might get phasing issues if phase distortion happens to one, but not the other audio track. It doesn't really undo phase distortion, it just makes sure that the other track has identical phase distortion (pulling things back in phase).

Alternatively, you could also just go with the FIR option. That doesn't have phase distortion at the cost of latency. You also don't need the phase matcher in that case.

Last edited by sai'ke; 01-22-2024 at 02:08 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:56 PM   #1416
PMan

Quote:
No, phase matcher is intended to keep tracks that have not undergone any bandsplitting matched with tracks that do. It's an accident that it has 10 outs (I started from the band-splitter and never updated the count). I will change that. Thanks for the bug report .

I made an attempt to explain it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_7gIr5RTI
Yeah, I watched that video and was just more confused because I assumed - even though this is *not* what you did in the video, that the phase matcher was supposed to replace the band joiner, when not in FIR mode.

I see you updated phase matcher in ReaPack... Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2024, 11:24 PM   #1417
Hael.an

Hello,

When routing Dum Drums to multiple outs I cannot figure out why I can't get the snare to make sound when sent to a new track. I can route every other drum successfully to individual tracks. I am setting my snare send track to 3/4. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Love these drums! They sound so good!!! Thank you!
Hael.an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:26 AM   #1418
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hael.an View Post
Hello,

When routing Dum Drums to multiple outs I cannot figure out why I can't get the snare to make sound when sent to a new track. I can route every other drum successfully to individual tracks. I am setting my snare send track to 3/4. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Love these drums! They sound so good!!! Thank you!
Hmm, not sure. When MUL is selected, it should send every sound to its own set of channels.

Are you sending audio 3/4 to that track? Did you enable the number of audio tracks in the track routing pin connnector (top right thing that says how many in and outs you have)? It doesn't change that by default.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:13 PM   #1419
PMan

I am experiencing a strange Reaper bug and I want to check if it's related to my Linux setup.

I put this here because the amazing Saike plugins have presets...

I often use plugins on pins other than 1 & 2. I recently had Filther setup on pins 5 & 6, and started trying different presets. As soon as I select a new preset, the pins reset back to 1 & 2!

This is absolutely reproducible for me. I did a bug report 2 weeks ago: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=287808

Any preset saved via Reaper's preset system recalls the state of the pins. Someone, please confirm, is this just my system?

I hope this post isn't noise, I can't believe I never tried to recall a preset on a plugin that wasn't on pins 1 & 2 before now. This seems new.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2024, 01:04 AM   #1420
slangbein

same behavior on my Reaper 7.11 on Linux Mint, Ubuntu 22.04 based
slangbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:45 AM   #1421
Modular

Getting an error with FM Filter 2, see screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.43.56.png (55.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-26-2024, 01:04 PM   #1422
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular View Post
Getting an error with FM Filter 2, see screenshot
Sorry about that. Yutani needs to be installed for FM Filter 2 (also on my reapack repo). I'll probably make a release at some point to drop this dependency.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:13 PM   #1423
Ears

Hey, I've been using Final Boss almost every day since release, I love it. I can't use Dum Drums or my Behringer Edge without it anymore.

I keep encountering a problem after a while of use though, and it seemingly happens at random. The CPU values will go up to 40%, 100%, 230%, 570%.. etc., and makes Reaper lag to death so much that I can't click on anything inside Reaper, but it refuses to crash so I have to exit from task manager. The funny thing is though, it's not causing a CPU spike on my PC, it just climbs higher and higher in Reapers CPU monitoring.

Any idea what could be causing this behaviour? Having a hard time trying to track it down so I can inform you of it.. I haven't encountered anything like it before with your JSFX, or any other plugins.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:35 AM   #1424
sai'ke

Quote:
Hey, I've been using Final Boss almost every day since release, I love it. I can't use Dum Drums or my Behringer Edge without it anymore.

I keep encountering a problem after a while of use though, and it seemingly happens at random. The CPU values will go up to 40%, 100%, 230%, 570%.. etc., and makes Reaper lag to death so much that I can't click on anything inside Reaper, but it refuses to crash so I have to exit from task manager. The funny thing is though, it's not causing a CPU spike on my PC, it just climbs higher and higher in Reapers CPU monitoring.

Any idea what could be causing this behaviour? Having a hard time trying to track it down so I can inform you of it.. I haven't encountered anything like it before with your JSFX, or any other plugins.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. That must be very annoying.

The symptoms sound like either a while loop that doesn't hit its termination condition or one of the trig functions (tan pi/2 comes to mind) used in a range where they have a very sudden slowdown (something that is an issue only on linux/x86_64/SSE systems afaik).

Can you save and share the preset with me where this happens? And tell me which OS you are on .

I haven't really had time to look into it yet today, but I have a suspicion it might be either in the overdrive distortion (there's a lookup table there being traversed with a while loop) or in the allpass stack, but this would allow me to get some more certainty on this. Checked this. Shouldn't be an issue with this particular code.

Actually, I noticed something silly I'm doing, which is reloading the images frequently. It was something I had in there for debugging purposes but forgot to remove. I should really only load them once. I just fixed that up (starting from 0.07). See if that helps.

Last edited by sai'ke; 03-08-2024 at 03:09 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 01:23 AM   #1425
Ears

Thanks for getting back to me, I see you've already looked into a couple of the things you speculated on.

I'll install the latest version and have a good play around with it. Fingers crossed it had something to do with the images and it fixed it, but if not I'll try to save a preset and share with you some more information if it happens again.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:53 AM   #1426
aklo sabbaoth

Default Sidechain Issues.

Hi there I have the following issue:

When trying to use Sidechain into the "3 band splitter advance" I don´t receive any signal into the plugin (Wavesfatory´s Trackspacer) is there any routing or I/O routing I should make? also where? in the container, the "SAIKE SPLITTER" module, the "LOW-MID-HIGH" containers? In the plugin itself I choose the 3-4 channels and it works great, even in containers, only in the "band splitter advance" modules it won´t, so if I use the 7/8 I/O to send a signal I wonder in which part of the whole section I should route to that particular I/O.
aklo sabbaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:00 PM   #1427
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklo sabbaoth View Post
Hi there I have the following issue:

When trying to use Sidechain into the "3 band splitter advance" I don´t receive any signal into the plugin (Wavesfatory´s Trackspacer) is there any routing or I/O routing I should make? also where? in the container, the "SAIKE SPLITTER" module, the "LOW-MID-HIGH" containers? In the plugin itself I choose the 3-4 channels and it works great, even in containers, only in the "band splitter advance" modules it won´t, so if I use the 7/8 I/O to send a signal I wonder in which part of the whole section I should route to that particular I/O.
Hey, I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I haven't really used it in a containerized setting myself. If I have some time on the weekend I can help look into it, but maybe someone else who has more experience with these setups can chime in.

The splitter itself is just 1 -> N_out, and the merger is N_out -> 1.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:05 AM   #1428
abd_dmt

Filther is my new favorite plugin for sound desing, I haven't seen any other filter plugin with such great functionality. Amaranth Spectral sampler is top tier too, final boss is quite unique sounding distortion. And of course, squashman is a serious alternative to saturn 2 (I've been looking for a good free multiband saturation tool for a long time, and though there's vst called 'fire', while it's doing its job okay, it doesn't feel FUN using it, unlike squashman or filther, which are very fun to use).

Here's some feedback/suggestions/bugs:
1. I think it would be great if squashman had a dynamics knob for every band. I managed to make it compress by modulating output of a band by dymamics detector, but doing in every time i need to compress a band feels daunting.
2. the 'hold shift while adjusting drive to make gain go in the opposite direction' thing doesn't work in squashman, I use reaper v7.11 .
3. Also I can't turn of the loop part in envelope in squashman like I can in filther, it loops no matter what, I wish I could turn it off.
4. I wish that buttons and text in plugins with pixel-art style e.g. final boss and dusk verb had a little more contrast, I have to strain my eyes everytime I use them, everything feels too dark and pixely letters don't help with that, though aesthetically I love them very much. That skull in final boss is a pleasure to look at.
5. Also ravager is already a great sounding plugins though interface feels unfinished e.g. the settings affect all the bands.

Overall, even with a few minor gripes I think Saike's plugins are one of the best plugins I've ever seen, and his talent is God's gift for us reaper users. Keep it up, Saike and thank you very much!

edit: now I see that I can't turn the looping in the envelope in filther too, though I was sure that I've done this before

Last edited by abd_dmt; 03-26-2024 at 04:26 AM. Reason: update
abd_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #1429
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_dmt View Post
Filther is my new favorite plugin for sound desing, I haven't seen any other filter plugin with such great functionality. Amaranth Spectral sampler is top tier too, final boss is quite unique sounding distortion. And of course, squashman is a serious alternative to saturn 2 (I've been looking for a good free multiband saturation tool for a long time, and though there's vst called 'fire', while it's doing its job okay, it doesn't feel FUN using it, unlike squashman or filther, which are very fun to use).
Glad you're having fun with em.

Quote:
1. I think it would be great if squashman had a dynamics knob for every band. I managed to make it compress by modulating output of a band by dymamics detector, but doing in every time i need to compress a band feels daunting.
Yeah, I can imagine that not being terribly practical. Squashman was intended more as distortion / saturation plugin than a deep dynamics processing tool, but I'm open to introducing some minor dynamics processing.

This needs some thought as to what is needed exactly.

Would the dynamics mostly be for downwards compressing the band, or for making it louder (e.g. more similar to ravager where it pulls the band up)?

Quote:
2. the 'hold shift while adjusting drive to make gain go in the opposite direction' thing doesn't work in squashman, I use reaper v7.11 .
That's curious. I'm not able to reproduce that (here it seems to work). Are you pulling the bands in the graphical frequency display? That's currently the only place where they are linked. Which OS btw?

Quote:
3. Also I can't turn of the loop part in envelope in squashman like I can in filther, it loops no matter what, I wish I could turn it off.
Quote:
edit: now I see that I can't turn the looping in the envelope in filther too, though I was sure that I've done this before
Disabling loop never disabled the loop entirely. LOOP indicated that it would keep looping even after the MIDI input has stopped. In retrospect, I think this was a poor name for the button. I have just added a new button called LOOP that does something closer to what you'd expect, and renamed the old LOOP button to HOLD (for both Filther and Squashman).

Quote:
4. I wish that buttons and text in plugins with pixel-art style e.g. final boss and dusk verb had a little more contrast, I have to strain my eyes everytime I use them, everything feels too dark and pixely letters don't help with that, though aesthetically I love them very much. That skull in final boss is a pleasure to look at.
Yeah, that's a fair point. I bumped the contrast a little just now.

Quote:
5. Also ravager is already a great sounding plugins though interface feels unfinished e.g. the settings affect all the bands.
Ravager was intended to be kept relatively simple. If you need more control, maybe Not OTT is a better choice? That one has full control over all the bands (attack, decay, threshold, ratio upward and ratio downward).

It's this one:

You drag in the area above and below each band to modify ratio. Pull the bands for the thresholds etc.

Quote:
Keep it up, Saike and thank you very much!
Still working on new toys, but nothing worth releasing yet
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #1430
abd_dmt

Thank you for your response!

Quote:
Would the dynamics mostly be for downwards compressing the band, or for making it louder (e.g. more similar to ravager where it pulls the band up)?
Yes! 'something like ravager' is exactly what I was thinking

Quote:
That's curious. I'm not able to reproduce that (here it seems to work). Are you pulling the bands in the graphical frequency display? That's currently the only place where they are linked. Which OS btw?
Haha, silly me, I was holding shift while turning knobs! I tried it in the graphical frequency display and it worked, thanks! Though I think adding 'link' button might make sense, but it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Disabling loop never disabled the loop entirely. LOOP indicated that it would keep looping even after the MIDI input has stopped. In retrospect, I think this was a poor name for the button. I have just added a new button called LOOP that does something closer to what you'd expect, and renamed the old LOOP button to HOLD (for both Filther and Squashman).
Quote:
Yeah, that's a fair point. I bumped the contrast a little just now.
Dude, you're the best!

Quote:
Ravager was intended to be kept relatively simple. If you need more control, maybe Not OTT is a better choice? That one has full control over all the bands (attack, decay, threshold, ratio upward and ratio downward).
Thanks, I'll look into it! I was just afraid of 'ALPHA' label

Quote:
Still working on new toys, but nothing worth releasing yet
[/QUOTE]

Good luck! I'll be waiting
abd_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote