Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Dzirka
Human being with feelings

Default How to export track with settings and items

Hello, as the title says how to export track with all the settings including items? I used it often in Cubase but can't find the option in Reaper. Thanks in advance for your help!
Dzirka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
uncleswede

Hi. Not quite sure what you mean but I'm assuming you want to save a track as a template so you can import it into other projects?

Right-click track and choose Save Track as Template.

To include items, and envelopes if you want, tick the appropriate boxes in the Save As dialog.

To import, choose Insert, Track from template

Hope that helps
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
Dzirka

Thank you uncleswede, the thing is if I save a track as a template and then I open it in a new project it's opened just the track with all the effects but not the audio. In cubase there is an option "export/import track". For example I want to export tracks with all the fx, automations, with the audio or midi and import to another project.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirka View Post
Thank you uncleswede, the thing is if I save a track as a template and then I open it in a new project it's opened just the track with all the effects but not the audio. In cubase there is an option "export/import track". For example I want to export tracks with all the fx, automations, with the audio or midi and import to another project.
In the Track Template Save Dialog did you check the [ ] Include Track Items in Template option, as uncleswede mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleswede View Post
To include items, and envelopes if you want, tick the appropriate boxes in the Save As dialog.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
Dzirka

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
In the Track Template Save Dialog did you check the [ ] Include Track Items in Template option, as uncleswede mentioned?
Thank you so much Solger! How simple I don't know why but didn't notice the save options.