Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
wrender
Human being with feelings

Default Playing recorded voice effects while gaming

Hi, I'm new to reaper. Hence posting here!

For gaming: I've got reaper setup, with a virtual audio cable. I'm trying to get it so that it constantly is passing my voice through the mic input, and then out to the virtual audio cable, which then goes to my video game. I want to be able to play pre recorded mp3 files that have sound effects. Is this possible?

What I would like to do is set them up as individual tracks, and trying to create a custom action, so that when I hit a key it plays that track (effect) and passes it into the game I'm playing (also keeping my microphone live). I'm a little confused as to the exact steps needed to do this. When I try to solo a track with a custom action, i can't seem to unsolo it after, and switch back to my microphone.

So USB headset Microphone -> Reaper -> key press adds sound effect, and keeps passing my mic audio through -> video game mic input.
wrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
wrender
Human being with feelings

Default So far

So far I have say two tracks. Track 01 is my main mic track, track 02 is my mp3 file. But when I create the following custom action, it doesn't seem to jump back to track 01 after and resume my microphone input:

Track: Unsolo all tracks
Track: Select track 02
Track: Toggle solo for selected track
Transport: Play
Track: Select track 01
Track: Unsolo all tracks (to resume my microphone).

I installed the SWS extensions. It seems to allow for something that seems like it would work. SWS/S&M: Resources - Play media file in selected tracks, slot 1 , but when I load a media file, it seems to permanently occupy that slot, and I have to manually select the media file.

Ideally, I just want to use a shortcut key combo, play the mp3 from a track number, and then exit and go back to microphone.

Last edited by wrender; 11-25-2020 at 07:13 PM.
wrender is offline   Reply With Quote