Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
valy
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer track order gets jumbled when performing certain operations without autoarrange

I've been working lately with the "autoarrange tracks in mixer" option off because I like to keep my stem folder tracks all the way to the left but my non-stem folder tracks in different spots throughout the mixer.

It works well for that, but sometimes the order of tracks in the mixer gets completely screwed up. I've been trying to narrow down what causes it, but it seems to be things like adding new (non-folder) tracks, freezing or unfreezing tracks, etc. It doesn't happen every time but when it does, it takes a minute to reorder the tracks in the mixer. I don't mean that a track will be moved like one space over...like the stem tracks that were all the way to the left will suddenly be spread throughout the mixer, and regular audio tracks that were far off the screen to the right will be suddenly all over the place. It's a mess.

With auto-arrange off, the tracks should never move unless I manually move them. I'm assuming this is a bug.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:53 AM   #2
valy

This is still a huge problem. I regularly have to spend several minutes rearranging the mixer back to the order I had it in.

If the bug cannot be hunted down and killed, I'd appreciate a way to lock the mixer so that tracks cannot be moved at all (even manually). This would allow me to just unlock it when I need to move something and lock it back to prevent this random shuffling of tracks.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
rncwalker

It's easier to just add the track at the end of the mixer and move the track to the location you want it to be at!

I have learned how to work with it, but it would be nice to lock the tracks down.

Robert
rncwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #4
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncwalker View Post
It's easier to just add the track at the end of the mixer and move the track to the location you want it to be at!

I have learned how to work with it, but it would be nice to lock the tracks down.

Robert
Sorry, I don't follow.

I keep auto-arrange off because I like to keep certain folder tracks all the way to the left (but not others). Of course, this means that any changes in track order I make in the TCP don't follow in the mixer and vice versa, but I'm OK with that.

The problem is that the tracks in the mixer are getting completely jumbled up for no reason, with auto-arrange off. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with freezing and unfreezing tracks, but it seems a likely suspect at this point.

Like just as an example: the track on the very far right (in a 75-track mix, let's say) will suddenly be all the way over on the left by the master fader, and tracks that were scattered throughout the middle of the mixer will be in random places. I have to sit there and figure out 1) which tracks got moved, and 2) where they are supposed to go. This takes a while with larger projects.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #5
valy

Still doing it
Old 04-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #6
valy

Finally figured out at least one thing that causes it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create some tracks inside folders

2. Turn OFF "Mirror TCP track order" and turn ON "Group folders to left" in the mixer options

3. Create a new track then undo that action

4. Notice that the folder tracks are no longer grouped to the left

See GIF below.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:24 PM   #7
valy

It's definitely related to Undo. I've also triggered the bug by undoing a freeze or unfreeze operation as of late.

Not sure if that's helpful to fix it. Doesn't seem like anyone cares but me, anyway.