Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #441
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Default newbe

Thank you for this tool! I recently bought Albion one and discovered Reaticulate. I start with these orchestral banking manipulations. I try to follow the exchanges but my English is a little limited to understand the details. In particular, I didn't understand how to record program changes in live games? I have a small mini axiom controller in addition to a push and a yamaha piano without fader or bend.

I also noticed that the Albion one preset does not work optimally for me, the LSB assignments do not match. So I made an edition of the Strings :

Code:
//! g="Spitfire/Albion ONE Orchestra" n="Strings"
//! chase=1,11,16-21,64-69  m="Set patch to UACC"
Bank 66 18 Albion ONE - Strings
//! c=short i=spiccato o=cc:32,3
3 spiccato
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,20
20 staccato
//! c=short-light i=pizz o=cc:32,41
41 pizzicato
//! c=short-light i=col-legno o=cc:32,58
58 col legno
//! c=long-light i=note-whole o=cc:32,66
66  long
//! c=long-light i=con-sord o=cc:32,90
90 long-sourd
//! c=long-dark i=tremolo o=cc:32,96
96 tremolo
//! c=long-light i=note o=cc:32,116
116 Fort Oct short
//! c=long-light i=note-whole o=cc:32,127
127 Fort Oct long
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//! g="Spitfire/Albion ONE/Legacy" n="String High"
Bank 66 25 Albion ONE - Legacy - String High
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,1
1 short ostinatum
//! c=short i=spiccato o=cc:32,20
20 spiccato ostinatum
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,42
42 short octave
//! c=long i=note-whole o=cc:32,58
58 long octave
90 con sord octave
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,93
93 fx1
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,110
110 fx2
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,127
127 fx3

Last edited by Vincent Sermonne; 06-13-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Vincent Sermonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #442
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

@Jason, is the data from current activated articulation and the articulation names somehow accessible externally? I just had the idea to put some buttons on my LBX Stripper config.

EDIT: in other words, can I put some buttons / actions on Stripper and control Reaticulate?

Last edited by _Stevie_; 06-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:00 AM   #443
Kitarraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
The ones with the notes on it are supposedly quantize / grid settings.
And the right ones are the Midi CC scripts from Julian Sader.
I have and use "ramp", "stretch and Compress"m "arch and tilt" from Julian Sader (I probably have the last three two, but I've never felt the need to this day. You have any idea what the quantize/grid are called?
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #444
crd

Hi,

Is it possible to configure Reaticulate to send out specific midi CC's on track select? I am hoping to have my Lemur template follow the articulations loaded in the Rearticulate bank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 AM   #445
jeranx

Hi there.

Very very stupid question.
Cause I'm a very very newbie in scripts.

First thanx for this fantastic tool.

I was so happy seeing that you used Spitfire Strings in your demo so that I could be in a known area (I use mostly the SSoloStrings). Unfortunately, none of the Factory libraries you provide suits those, so I tried to make my own looking at the examples. I "save as" the notepad page, then refresh, and I just can't see any "User bank" in the menu, only "Factory". How can I reach them.

I can't even know if I'm the new Mozart of the script.

Thanx a lot.
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:16 AM   #446
Kitarraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranx View Post
Hi there.

Very very stupid question.
Cause I'm a very very newbie in scripts.

First thanx for this fantastic tool.

I was so happy seeing that you used Spitfire Strings in your demo so that I could be in a known area (I use mostly the SSoloStrings). Unfortunately, none of the Factory libraries you provide suits those, so I tried to make my own looking at the examples. I "save as" the notepad page, then refresh, and I just can't see any "User bank" in the menu, only "Factory". How can I reach them.

I can't even know if I'm the new Mozart of the script.

Thanx a lot.
Did you edit the factory presets or the user presets? Post some code so we can check it
Old 06-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #447
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
Did you edit the factory presets or the user presets? Post some code so we can check it
Hi Kitarraman.

No,no, I didn't touch anything of the factory preset. I just try to edit my own library in Notepad by clicking the pencil. I did it(I think). My question is just, where can I find it after, as I only see a Factory menu, no Users.

Thanx for trying
Old 06-17-2019, 03:00 AM   #448
Kitarraman

Quote:
Hi Kitarraman.

No,no, I didn't touch anything of the factory preset. I just try to edit my own library in Notepad by clicking the pencil. I did it(I think). My question is just, where can I find it after, as I only see a Factory menu, no Users.

Thanx for trying
Probably there's a conflict between the preset you just created and the factory ones... Check that the bank's numbers are different. Most of the times that's why a preset doesn't show up on my computer, I got distracted and wrote the same bank for two different presets
Old 06-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #449
jeranx

Quote:
Probably there's a conflict between the preset you just created and the factory ones... Check that the bank's numbers are different. Most of the times that's why a preset doesn't show up on my computer, I got distracted and wrote the same bank for two different presets
You're very kind, but it doesn't really answer my question. In other words, is it normal not to have the choice between "Factory Bank" and "User Bank". I thought after I create the first of mine, I will see it appearing in the menu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l56w9j684...0Bank.mp4?dl=0.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:52 AM   #450
Kitarraman

Quote:
You're very kind, but it doesn't really answer my question. In other words, is it normal not to have the choice between "Factory Bank" and "User Bank". I thought after I create the first of mine, I will see it appearing in the menu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l56w9j684...0Bank.mp4?dl=0.
That could have answered your question. If you share a snippet of your code you'll help me helping you. Usually,
when presets don't show up it's because you've used the MSB and LSB numbers of another presets, Reaticulate sees two things called with the same name and doesn't know which one you want to use. Usually it picks up your last entry. Anyway, you should use MSB numbers ranging from 0 to 63 since from 64 upwards are reserved for factory presets. Did you follow thoroughly Tack's guide here?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:14 AM   #451
jeranx

Quote:
That could have answered your question. If you share a snippet of your code you'll help me helping you. Usually,
when presets don't show up it's because you've used the MSB and LSB numbers of another presets, Reaticulate sees two things called with the same name and doesn't know which one you want to use. Usually it picks up your last entry. Anyway, you should use MSB numbers ranging from 0 to 63 since from 64 upwards are reserved for factory presets. Did you follow thoroughly Tack's guide here?

I did follow every steps of that guide (according to my knowledge in english and scripting )and I did that

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ima9b3d2xp...abank.PNG?dl=0

which was saved here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm6nw1p66f...ement.PNG?dl=0

For the MSB number, I didn't really know what to do (20)(what about the second number (1)? below 64 too ?)

And another time, suppose you have the three libraries Jason kindly put here, suppose now you've created some of you're own. Are you suppose to have two choice (Factory and User) in the menu/ Answering my questions can help me too seeing where I'm totally wrong .

Thanx again,
Old 06-17-2019, 04:23 AM   #452
Kitarraman

Quote:
I did follow every steps of that guide (according to my knowledge in english and scripting )and I did that

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ima9b3d2xp...abank.PNG?dl=0

which was saved here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm6nw1p66f...ement.PNG?dl=0

For the MSB number, I didn't really know what to do (20)(what about the second number (1)? below 64 too ?)

And another time, suppose you have the three libraries Jason kindly put here, suppose now you've created some of you're own. Are you suppose to have two choice (Factory and User) in the menu/ Answering my questions can help me too seeing where I'm totally wrong .

Thanx again,
Gotcha! You created a new file in the Data folder or renamed the original Reaticulate.reabank file, didn't you? That's why it doesn't work: you have to open Reaticulate.reabank with your text editor and write your code into that file and that file only. Try it and let me know if that worked. Be careful to not edit the Reaticulate-tmp445.reabank file!
Old 06-17-2019, 04:43 AM   #453
jeranx

Quote:
Gotcha! You created a new file in the Data folder or renamed the original Reaticulate.reabank file, didn't you? That's why it doesn't work: you have to open Reaticulate.reabank with your text editor and write your code into that file and that file only. Try it and let me know if that worked. Be careful to not edit the Reaticulate-tmp445.reabank file!
I thought by clicking this pencil, I would be in the right place.
You're talking about the "Reaticulate" in ...Roaming/ Reaper/ Data ?
I'm trying this, what extension should I write on it...?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:49 AM   #454
Kitarraman

Quote:
I thought by clicking this pencil, I would be in the right place.
You're talking about the "Reaticulate" in ...Roaming/ Reaper/ Data ?
I'm trying this, what extension should I write on it...?
You have to click the pencil and then choose "Open in default app/Open in notepad". From the looks of it, you must have opened it correctly but you saved it as a new file called "Reaticulate Violin Virtuoso". You should have overwritten the original "Reaticulate" file, which you still have in your folder. Just copy everything you've written up to this point and paste it in Reaticulate.reabank located in "Roaming\Reaper\Data"
Old 06-17-2019, 05:10 AM   #455
jeranx

Quote:
You have to click the pencil and then choose "Open in default app/Open in notepad". From the looks of it, you must have opened it correctly but you saved it as a new file called "Reaticulate Violin Virtuoso". You should have overwritten the original "Reaticulate" file, which you still have in your folder. Just copy everything you've written up to this point and paste it in Reaticulate.reabank located in "Roaming\Reaper\Data"
Yes, I did overwrite the file, I've just clean it and rename properly. I did paste my code into the Reaticulate.reabank. And nothing works.

I think I gonna leave it, or try it in french somewhere. Now I have to eat something, I'm on it since 4.00 AM.

Thanx for your try, Bye
Old 06-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #456
tack

Quote:
Tack, what does this buttons do?
The numbered buttons set the active MIDI channel for new events; the next group of buttons set the grid (and I have the "Use the same grid division in arrange view and MIDI editor" option enabled); the next group adjust those for dotted and triplets; and the last group of buttons are from Julian's MIDI editor tools suite of scripts.

Quote:
Also, which versison of Imperial are you using?
It's my own accumulation of hacks over the years derived from Folder WT Imperial. I call it Imperial Darker but I haven't put it on Stash because I've lifted an icon set from another theme and I've forgotten which, so I'm not able to credit them. Perhaps you can help me out there.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #457
tack

Quote:
Yes, I did overwrite the file, I've just clean it and rename properly. I did paste my code into the Reaticulate.reabank. And nothing works.
Looking at your screenshot here, I suppose the reason why nothing works is that your articulations have no output events (o=blah,blah) defined. So when you click on them, nothing will happen because you've not assigned any behavior to them.

So for example while you have:

Code:
//! c=long i=long
1 long
If you compare with one of the factory banks for Spitfire patches (which require the patches be set to UACC mode):

Code:
//! c=long i=note-whole o=cc:32,1
1 long
See the difference? The latter one says "when you activate the long articulation, send CC 32 value 1 on the default channel" while your bank won't do anything when you click the articulation.

I appreciate this can be a bit confusing. You might hold off for the GUI that will be coming to make your own banks. It will make this sort of thing a lot easier.

Edit: Ah, I misunderstood your problem (well, it will be your first problem, considering you're still missing the output events ) which is that your bank definition starts with "BANK" (uppercase) instead of "Bank". If Reaper accepts BANK, I consider it a bug in Reaticulate. I'll check that and fix it if so. Meanwhile, you can just change BANK to Bank and it should show up in the menu.

Edit 2: and fixed in the just-released 0.3.0.

Last edited by tack; 06-17-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #458
Kitarraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
The numbered buttons set the active MIDI channel for new events; the next group of buttons set the grid (and I have the "Use the same grid division in arrange view and MIDI editor" option enabled); the next group adjust those for dotted and triplets; and the last group of buttons are from Julian's MIDI editor tools suite of scripts.
Thank you. I was more interested in the buttons to set the grid, I already have implemented some of Julian's scripts (I might need to change again my workflow to bind them all to a keyboard shortcut... right now it's not ideal). Where can I get those?

Quote:
It's my own accumulation of hacks over the years derived from Folder WT Imperial. I call it Imperial Darker but I haven't put it on Stash because I've lifted an icon set from another theme and I've forgotten which, so I'm not able to credit them. Perhaps you can help me out there.
I wish I could... I don't have THAT much knowledge of Reaper themes. I just know the Imperial serie because I love them, and before I switched definitively to LCS, I've almost tested them all. LCS is the only one that slants the child tracks like the stock Reaper Theme does and keeps some of the good looks of White Tie. Other than that, I know the ones inspired by other DAWs (to be used exclusively when pretentious clients are in my studio)
Old 06-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #459
tack

Quote:
Thank you. I was more interested in the buttons to set the grid [...] Where can I get those?
These are the standard actions that start with "Grid: Set to <whatever> preserving grid type" that are available in the MIDI Editor action list. And in the toolbar customization when you set the icon, if you search for "grid" you should see the various icon options (which I believe are standard in Reaper).

See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png toolbar.png (5.0 KB, 275 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #460
Kitarraman

Quote:
These are the standard actions that start with "Grid: Set to <whatever> preserving grid type" that are available in the MIDI Editor action list. And in the toolbar customization when you set the icon, if you search for "grid" you should see the various icon options (which I believe are standard in Reaper).

See attached.
Thank you!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #461
tack

Default 0.3.0 released

I've just promoted the last prerelease (plus a couple small tweaks) to version 0.3.0.

This release of Reaticulate focuses on general usability improvements and knocking down those little workflow irritations. Apart from that, there are quite a number of internal structural changes that you don't see, but will help pave the way for future releases.

Eh?
Reaticulate is an articulation management system for REAPER. Check the website for the skinny.

Installing
If you're a new user (not upgrading), just follow these installation instructions.

Upgrading

For those of you on the release track, you should eventually receive the update, but you can force it by following these instructions. Those using the prerelease track will receive this update as well, plus of course all the prereleases leading up to 0.4.0.

Here are the changes since 0.2.0:

New Features
  • Articulations are now fed back to control surface (#48)
    • CC0/32 bank select indicates bank for articulation
    • Articulations can be expressed either as native program change events or custom CC events
  • When the js_ReaScriptAPI extension is installed (strongly recommended but not required):
    • You can now pin the Reaticulate window when floating
    • Some new actions and features become available
    • Much improved focusing behavior
  • New action "Focus articulation filter" (which works best when the js_ReaScriptAPI extension is installed)
  • New action "Activate articulation slot number by CC on default channel" which can be used to activate articulations based on their position in the bank list (#58)
  • New action "Insert last activated articulation into MIDI item on default channel" to insert the last activated articulation into MIDI item at edit cursor (same behavior as right clicking the articulation)
  • New option "Track section follows focused FX window" (with associated toggle action) (requires js_ReaScriptAPI extension)
  • New option "Track selection follows MIDI editor target item" (with associated toggle action)
    • This is most conveniently paired with the "Options: MIDI track list/media item lane selection is linked to editability"
  • New action "Select last selected track"
  • Various new actions to select but not activate articulations, plus an action to activate currently selected articulation (#59)
    • Running the action to activate currently selected articulation twice in rapid succession will cause it to insert into MIDI item
  • On pages that scroll, scrollbars will appear when the mouse hovers toward the right edge

Minor Enhancements
  • Added a new "Behaviors" section on Settings page
  • Activating an articulation now scrolls it into view in the GUI (#50)
  • Improved First Run experience (especially for portable Reaper installations) (#46)
  • Minor cosmetic improvements with drag-and-drop to reorder banks on the track configuration page

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed regression in control surface feedback when reopening a project
  • Force control surface update on track selection (workaround for https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2077098)
  • Ensure articulations on same MIDI tick as notes are processed before the notes (#53)
  • Other minor fixes
Old 06-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #462
_Stevie_

@tack could you check my post? https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=442
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #463
tack

Quote:
@Jason, is the data from current activated articulation and the articulation names somehow accessible externally? I just had the idea to put some buttons on my LBX Stripper config.

EDIT: in other words, can I put some buttons / actions on Stripper and control Reaticulate?
No, this isn't possible currently. Do you have any ideas of how this would best be done? MIDI text events sent to the control surface, maybe?

Edit: oh, when you say "accessible externally" you mean to another script, I guess?
Old 06-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #464
_Stevie_

Yes, exactly, that’s what I mean! For example, HeDa made his tag functions accessible via GetExState, so I can assign a button in Stripper and the button (toggle) gets updated according to the GetExState.
Of course, Reaticulate is more complex and the articulation buttons change with every track.
Maybe I can get Leon in this thread for some ideas.

Last edited by _Stevie_; 06-17-2019 at 04:36 PM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #465
tack

Quote:
Of course, Reaticulate is more complex and the articulation buttons change with every track.
Maybe I can get Leon in this thread for some ideas.
Or maybe just a pointer to some technical detail about how the interoperability is supposed to work. If it's not too difficult/invasive I'd consider it.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #466
crd

3.0 is working great for me. Thank you, Tack for making this tool available! I would not be using Reaper without it.

Can I get some more information on what exact midi feedback reaticulate sends out to control surfaces?
I've looked through this thread and the website but am having trouble understanding how to use/manipulate the feedback from Reaticulate to show/hide articulations in Lemur. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference, I am trying to achieve something similar to what is show here, https://youtu.be/mMKSkWu7rbU using Cubase.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #467
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
3.0 is working great for me.
That's great to hear!

Quote:
Can I get some more information on what exact midi feedback reaticulate sends out to control surfaces?
That's documented here.

Though it is left as an exercise for the reader to look up in the MIDI spec what the MIDI event codes are for CCs and program changes. (But let me know if you need help.)

I'm interested to hear if there are any changes that could be made to improve interoperability with Lemur (which isn't something I'm too familiar with). I've added the video you referenced to my Watch Later queue.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #468
crd

Thanks for getting back to me and helping with this!

Quote:

Though it is left as an exercise for the reader to look up in the MIDI spec what the MIDI event codes are for CCs and program changes. (But let me know if you need help.)
Are the MIDI event codes for CCs and program changes in the code itself? Do I need more than the UACC number? Getting feedback going for CC faders is no problem and works well but articulations seem to be more tricky.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #469
tack

Quote:
Are the MIDI event codes for CCs and program changes in the code itself? Do I need more than the UACC number?
I'm not sure what you mean by "in the code itself"?

The program change messages will contain the program number of the articulation. This of course varies by bank, but if you're using banks that standardize on UACC then the program number will be predictable. (The control surface use-case was the driving force behind that standardization.)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #470
crd

Got it. I think that is all the info I needed. Thank you.

When I have a working template I will make sure to upload it somewhere to share.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #471

Has anyone worked out my problem with using Native Instruments Brass doing all of articulations on one midi channel?

This doens't really work.. It switches them only visually?
//! g="Native Instruments/Symphony Essentials All Articulations Loaded/Brass Ensemble" n="Horns Ensemble"
Bank 12 91 Horns Ensemble
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:24
24 Sustain All
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:25
25 Sustain Single Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:26
26 Sustain Flutter Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=trill o=note@1:27
27 Trill Semi Tone
//! c=#FF0000 i=crescendo o=note@1:28
28 Sust. Crescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=decrescendo o=note@1:29
29 Sust. Decrescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=stopped o=note@1:30
30 Sust. Stop Mute
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@1:31
31 Staccato
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@2:24
32 Staccato Velocity
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@2:25
33 Stac. Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=crescendo o=note@2:26
34 Crescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=decrescendo o=note@2:27
35 Decrescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:28
36 Sforzando
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:29
37 Sfz Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:30
38 Swell
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:31
39 Swell Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@3:24
40 Marc Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=fanfare o=note@3:25
41 Blast
12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #472
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345678 View Post
How have you configured the patches in the Kontakt instance? i.e. what patches do you have loaded and on what channels. Have you configured the articulation slots according to the bank?

I don't have that library myself, but from Youtube videos it looks like you assign your own articulations for the various keyswitches, so they'll need to agree with the Reaticulate bank and on the right channel.

Once it's configured, you can work from one MIDI channel in Reaper, even if the Kontakt patches themselves are spread across multiple channels.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #473
Kitarraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345678 View Post
Has anyone worked out my problem with using Native Instruments Brass doing all of articulations on one midi channel?

//! g="Native Instruments/Symphony Essentials All Articulations Loaded/Brass Ensemble" n="Horns Ensemble"
Bank 12 91 Horns Ensemble
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:24
24 Sustain All
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:25
25 Sustain Single Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:26
26 Sustain Flutter Tongue
//! c=#FF0000 i=trill o=note@1:27
27 Trill Semi Tone
//! c=#FF0000 i=crescendo o=note@1:28
28 Sust. Crescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=decrescendo o=note@1:29
29 Sust. Decrescendo
//! c=#FF0000 i=stopped o=note@1:30
30 Sust. Stop Mute
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@1:31
31 Staccato
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccato o=note@2:24
32 Staccato Velocity
//! c=#40FF00 i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@2:25
33 Stac. Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=crescendo o=note@2:26
34 Crescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=decrescendo o=note@2:27
35 Decrescendo
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:28
36 Sforzando
//! c=#00BFFF i=sfz o=note@2:29
37 Sfz Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:30
38 Swell
//! c=#00BFFF i=note-whole o=note@2:31
39 Swell Slow
//! c=#00BFFF i=staccatissimo-stopped o=note@3:24
40 Marc Stop Mute
//! c=#00BFFF i=fanfare o=note@3:25
41 Blast
You can't. You don't have enough slots, you need more instances of the same instrument in order to achieve what you look for. By the looks of it, this is the one I coded and on my computer it works. Check if you have already another preset with the same Bank number.
Also, you need to set the articulations on the Kontakt instruments the way I did
Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 AM   #474
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Since the update the user directory has disappeared and the refreshing of the view after editing no longer seems to work. Only "Factory" appears and my previous edition, done before the update, are included in "Factory". What am I forgetting?

edit: I found it! The user mode disappeared but I found my edits and the refresh of the view... the user mode seemed more understandable to me

Last edited by Vincent Sermonne; 06-19-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Vincent Sermonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:51 AM   #475
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
edit: I found it! The user mode disappeared but I found my edits and the refresh of the view... the user mode seemed more understandable to me
This aspect hasn't changed, so there must be some kind of bug lurking here.

If I understand you correctly, your custom user banks are showing up under the Factory section in the menu? Can you please PM me your Reaticulate.reabank file located under Reaper's Data/ directory, or email it to me via the email address posted here?

Thanks Vincent.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #476
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Code:
// Reabank file for Reaticulate - http://reaticulate.com/
//
// This file is a specially formatted Reabank file that is notated for use by Reaticulate.
// Specification can be found here:
//
//      http://reaticulate.com/reabank.html
//
//! c=short i=spiccato o=cc:32,3
3 spiccato
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,20
20 staccato
//! c=short-light i=pizz o=cc:32,41
41 pizzicato
//! c=short-light i=col-legno o=cc:32,58
58 col legno
//! c=long-light i=note-whole o=cc:32,66
66  long
90 long-sourd
//! c=long-dark i=tremolo o=cc:32,96
96 tremolo
//! c=long-light i=note o=cc:32,116
116 Fort Oct short
//! c=long-light i=note-whole o=cc:32,127
127 Fort Oct long

//! g="Spitfire/Albion ONE/Legacy" n="String High"
Bank 66 25 Albion ONE - Legacy - String High
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,1
1 short ostinatum
//! c=short i=spiccato o=cc:32,20
20 spiccato ostinatum
//! c=short i=staccato o=cc:32,42
42 short octave
//! c=long i=note-whole o=cc:32,58
58 long octave
90 con sord octave
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,93
93 fx1
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,110
110 fx2
//! c=fx i=fx o=cc:32,127
127 fx3

//! g="Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony" n="Chambers violins" off=20
Bank 70 10 Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony Chambers violins
//! c=long i=note-half o=note-hold:24
104 Legato
//! c=long i=note-quarter o=note-hold:25
106 Addagio
//! c=long i=note-whole o=note-hold:26
107 Vivo Ped Double
//! c=long i=marcato o=note-hold:27
103 Marcato ped double
//! c=long i=marcato o=note-hold:28
9 Velo Marcato
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note-hold:29
42 spiccato ped double
//! c=pizz i=pizz o=note-hold:30
21 Pizzicato
//! c=fast i=tremolo o=note-hold:31
31 Tremolo
//! c=trill i=trill o=note-hold:32
22 Half step trill
//! c=legato i=legato-runs o=note-hold:33
33 whole step trill
//! c=legato i=legato-portamento o=note-hold:34
23 Slide down
//! c=legato i=legato-portamento o=note-hold:35
1 Slide up
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #477
tack

Quote:
Code:
Ah, so maybe not a bug then. Indeed, this are intended to show up in the Factory menu because they are using MSBs 64 and above, which are reserved for factory banks. For future banks, you should choose a value below 64 for the MSB (which is 66 in the bank quoted above). You could change your current banks here, but then you'd have to update your projects too, so it may be easiest to leave them alone.

This confusion will eventually go away. I'm revamping how all this works.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #478
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

ah ok !!! thank you for your quick answers! Thank you for this really useful tool
Old 06-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #479
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

I don't have a project created with Reaticulate yet, I have a learning period for myself. I have modified my file, for Albion I changed to msb 63 and KH 62 but the problem persists.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #480
tack

Quote:
I don't have a project created with Reaticulate yet, I have a learning period for myself. I have modified my file, for Albion I changed to msb 63 and KH 62 but the problem persists.
Hm, interesting, ok, something else must be going on. And actually I just looked at the code again and it's not the MSB that dictates whether it lands in the Factory vs User submenu but instead depends on which file it's in. If the bank is in Reaticulate-factory.reabank then it goes in the Factory menu, otherwise in the User menu.

What OS and version are you using?