Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 04-19-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
Daniel Figueiredo
Human being with feelings

Default Put digital too long from house mix mix

Hello.
My church want to buy an behringer xr18 digital mixer(make a replace of actual mixer) to improve live stream, playback and live audio quality. We also want to put the mixer on stage but the house mix is on other side of stage to gain space on house mix. To do this with guaratees of no problems with cable range and providing the best audio quaity for all we just have two ways.
1 - Using Ultranet port
2 - Using an USB extender or connecting the usb port on the churche network

Realtively to the way 1.
Is there a cheap way to do this this way?Something like via software?
Realtively to the way 2.
I know that is possible do this connection via coaxial or fiber optic cable to the pc, but i cant found any extender of this type online to check prices. We have the option of rj45 cable too but i cant found an extender that work guaranteed. For connecting on network we just go there to check recomendations.

We need to hide that cable and thats the reason of make this post to try preent the spenses of open holes on the walls and close holes on walls and spend time.
Daniel Figueiredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 AM   #2
mschnell

Obviously the moset secure / straight forward way is to use Ultranet. But here you need dedicated gadgets by Behringer to do the submixes+outputs.

No reaper involved here (other sen recording, ...).

You could attach reaper via USB and do the mix via software and some audio equipment for the (additional) mix. You can't use two audio UISB interfaces with a PC at the same time, and of course USB is only short distance. Hence you would use a network audio system like Dante.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #3
Daniel Figueiredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Obviously the moset secure / straight forward way is to use Ultranet. But here you need dedicated gadgets by Behringer to do the submixes+outputs.

No reaper involved here (other sen recording, ...).

You could attach reaper via USB and do the mix via software and some audio equipment for the (additional) mix. You can't use two audio UISB interfaces with a PC at the same time, and of course USB is only short distance. Hence you would use a network audio system like Dante.
-Michael
What network audio system and hardware are recommended?

Last edited by Daniel Figueiredo; 04-19-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Wrong pontuaction, so was no nderstanble that i'm asking a question.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
mschnell

I have no personal experience, so I can't recommend anything, but a seemingly very "professional" system is Dante -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zao9tFf47xw
BTW.: with a PC, Reaper can only attach to a single (decent) audio "system". I don't know about Macs, and I don't know if Dante manages something on that behalf. I also don't know if there is a "USB Audio into Dante" device that would allow to connect as well the XR18 and the network to reaper.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-19-2021 at 10:18 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 03:19 AM   #5
Daniel Figueiredo

Default i found an way

Well i found an soultion that work depending on scenario: https://gearspace.com/board/showpost...&postcount=21&