Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Innerspace Audio
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper not receiving input from Metric Halo Mio Console/2882

Hi everyone. I have searched through the forums but no luck finding any answers. Anyone have experience working with Reaper and Metric Halo? And are there any known issues like this one? (see below)

I have been mastering in Reaper and loving it. However, recently I added a hardware compressor to my studio. I have track one in Reaper with the track outputs routed into MIO Console. MIO then sends to my MH 2882's hardware outputs which go to my Manley NuMu compressor. I can see and hear that the compressor is working. Compressor returns to MIO Console and then routes to track 2 in Reaper to print the results. However, I can get no input from MIO Console into my Reaper track. I have tried this MANY times and worked with another engineer who is much better with MIO Console than me. Everything seems to work except the inputs from Reaper will not see any input from my Metric Halo 2882/MIO Console software. I have also tried simply plugging in a microphone to record the 2882's input into Reaper and it will not work. This same routing works fine inside of Ableton Live but not in Reaper. Am I missing something?

Does anyone have advice? If anyone uses Metric Halo gear with Reaper, I'd love to hear your insights.

I'm up to date on all software. Using a mid-2021 Macbook Pro running Mojave.
Innerspace Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
Stella645

Check if Reaper is allowed in your computers mic privacy settings.

If not that maybe show us your track input settings.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:17 PM   #3
Innerspace Audio

Stella645,

I had no idea that setting needed to be changed. I got the same suggestion from Metric Halo's tech support and yes, that was the problem. Thank you so much for your help with that! Much appreciated.
Innerspace Audio is offline   Reply With Quote