Old 10-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #1
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default Which laptop for voice over work?

Hi all!

I am looking into buying a new laptop to do more and more voice over work, I think I’d want to go for a Lenovo Thinkpad -64GB, Solid state- but I am not sure whether having an Octa core makes a huge difference compared to a quad core? There is a $400 difference...
Would an octa core speed up the rendering process significantly? -I do audiobooks and I do use a few plug-ins-.
Do you guys think it is worth it?

Also, is AMD or Intel processor better?
Would you have any recommendations for a good machine to do audiobooks professionally?

Last edited by EmilieM; 10-17-2021 at 04:08 PM.
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Doing audiobook work is maybe the lightest-weight audio application there is, with little to no demand in terms of real-time processing. Heck, a laptop from 20 years ago would probably be plenty. Even if you are running a few heavy plugins I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's hard to imagine a laptop purchased today that wouldn't be dramatically more powerful than what you need.

Rendering times may vary a bit, yes, but unless you're re-rendering your reading of Webster's Unabridged several times a day, I doubt it will be an issue. Are you using a laptop now that you are unsatisfied with?

I would buy the cheapest reasonable laptop I could find and spend the rest of the money on audio treatment of the space(s) I'm recording in (e.g. a mini vocal booth) and if there is any money left from that I'd put it towards a better mic.

I don't think AMD/Intel will make a noticeable difference.

I don't think octa-core will make a difference -- the kind of project you're describing likely won't make much use of multiple cores. AFAIK you want to find the highest single-core clock speed you can (but again, I don't think it really will matter much. Ditto RAM -- I doubt you'll use more than a few GB.)

Someone else will chime in if I'm wrong about any of this.

One exception: if you're doing heavy plugin work, e.g. a lot of massaging with iZotope RX or something like that, overall speed might be noticeable, so I guess it depends somewhat on what you mean by "a few plugins".
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Thanks for your response Clepsydrae!
Yes, I am indeed using a few Izotope and other plug-ins for my mix: Fabfilter for substrative EQ, de-plosive, mouth de-click, Shepps 73 EQ, all run by my computer. And yes, when I render, it takes half the time of the actual recording (3h30mim for a 7hr book).
I also use 5 compressors in parallel (Brauer method) and 2 more EQs to boost (Pultec). These are UAD and are run by the DSP.
Then for mastering, I have 1 Amek console -compressor- in parallel, 1 Schepps 73 EQ, 1 mastering compressor, deesser and limiter, all running with my computer. Plus the Maag EQ and the La2a running from DSP. The rendering of the master is much faster.

So I donít know if these are a lot of plug-ins -well they are for voice over , but a lot of them are run by DSP- And I am not sure whether having a powerful computer would make a difference in this case, or not...?
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:03 AM   #4
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Hmmm... ok... I retract some of my confidence... If you're only rendering at ~2X real time that does imply that maybe you do want to pay attention to CPU after all. But it might be wise to get an idea for how much work is being done by the outboard DSP vs the CPU... presumably the DSP is not a bottleneck at all. E.g. If you remove only the outboard DSP plugins and render, how much faster does it render, if at all?

What is the CPU in your current system? You can get a very rough approximation of difference in speed by comparing its cpu score here against the benchmarks of the new laptops being considered.

As I said, AFAIK with audio you mostly want to lean towards high clock speed rather than many cores, since audio processing isn't always readily parallelizable (i.e. you can't split up the audio stream into 8 pieces and process all of them at once because each piece might depend on the previous piece's processed result). I'm sure there are helpful guides about it out there -- not my area of expertise. There are certainly many much wiser people on this subject on this forum, and I will defer to them for specific advice. My gut is that 4 vs 8 cores won't matter much here.

Lots of RAM isn't going to speed up rendering times (again, AFAIK... I'm not an expert in system optimization). And I don't think intel/AMD is anything to worry about here.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

A thousand thanks for this Clepsydrae, Iíll look into the cpu benchmarks, thanks for the link. My current laptop is an old HP Pavilion with 16GB of ram and I have no idea about the core etc, Iíll check all of that when I get home.
Thanks for your explanation of the relationship cores and audio, that is making sense now.
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
serr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,581
Default

I'd 2nd that. Any modest laptop from the last 20 years with a SSD installed will do voice over work all day long. You don't need any heavyweight boutique plugins to just handle basic dynamics control and some eq balancing for a voice. Some of those UA and other emulating stuff are emulating a specific flavor of distortion from the old analog version that came along for the ride in addition to the primary function. I'd argue that even if you DID want some saturation on your voice for an effect that there are plenty of ways to do that without expensive analog emulating resource hog plugins.

If your current machine is slowing down...
Does it still have it's original slower spinner HDD? If so, a new SSD would let it run at it's full potential for the very first time and be pretty cheap maintenance.

If your machine has 16GB ram, it's still new-ish on that timeline. Probably plenty fast. SSD and then the tips for making Windows behave (assuming Windows).
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #7
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Yeah it'll be good to get some more details on what's up with the older system... might be some low-hanging fruit there.

(And all this said, RX is pretty magical when doing dialog work, and some of their plugins are pretty heavy in terms of CPU.)
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:24 PM   #8
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

So my current system is HP Pavilion with AMD A4-5150M APU, 2.70 GHz and it is dual core. It initially had 8GB of ram but I had it upgraded last year to 16GB.
According to the benchmarks website, the cpu of this model is on the low end of todayís spectrum... so wouldnít that be the cause of the rendering being slow?

Let me attach some photos of the benchmarks info. https://share.icloud.com/photos/06ep...tYyjry8YjgBaeg
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:30 PM   #9
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Ok, yeah, that's pretty slow. :-) (passmark link here).

A new machine would be much faster. I do agree with serr that you could probably achieve nearly the same audio results on your old machine with more efficient plugins/workflow (+ an SSD if it's on an HDD, though that may not affect render times), but it would be down to whether you wanted to bother figuring that alternate route out. And if you are attached to RX (and I am... I love using it for dialog) then maybe a faster CPU is the reasonable choice. You didn't mention the new laptop's CPU, but it might have a passmark of, say, 5000... that probably will not translate to a 5X speedup in rendering, though, given that the "single thread" difference might be more like 2X. But a variety of other system architecture factors could make it better than 2X in practice. And of course the overall responsiveness of the machine will probably be way better.

I definitely defer to serr on these matters, though, so if they have other opinions listen to them instead. :-)

There may be laptops out there that prioritize or otherwise happen to have faster single-threaded performance?
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #10
serr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,581
Default

I keep forgetting there are all these basically phones with a screen and keyboard out there...

Any i7 (or i5) from the last 10 years with a SSD installed would be a big upgrade.

The thing to realize is computer spec/speed doesn't follow and grow every year since about 2011. You can buy a much slower new machine now. Of course you can buy a new fast one too! Or something used and throw your own new SSD in it.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:56 AM   #11
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Oh I thought more ram and cpu would guarantee more speed... so then how can we know how fast a computer will run for audio? What do we need to look at? All the computers I have been looking at -Dell, Lenovo, Acer around the $1000 mark- all have SSD... does that mean speed then do you reckon?
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #12
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Ok, yeah, that's pretty slow. :-) (passmark link here).

A new machine would be much faster. I do agree with serr that you could probably achieve nearly the same audio results on your old machine with more efficient plugins/workflow (+ an SSD if it's on an HDD, though that may not affect render times), but it would be down to whether you wanted to bother figuring that alternate route out. And if you are attached to RX (and I am... I love using it for dialog) then maybe a faster CPU is the reasonable choice. You didn't mention the new laptop's CPU, but it might have a passmark of, say, 5000... that probably will not translate to a 5X speedup in rendering, though, given that the "single thread" difference might be more like 2X. But a variety of other system architecture factors could make it better than 2X in practice. And of course the overall responsiveness of the machine will probably be way better.

I definitely defer to serr on these matters, though, so if they have other opinions listen to them instead. :-)

There may be laptops out there that prioritize or otherwise happen to have faster single-threaded performance?
Yes, then I guess that would be the main question to ask regarding speed performance for audio, a faster single threaded performance? 🤔
But cool to hear confirmed that an upgrade in cpu would at least make a bit of a difference.

Agree, Izotope is a life saver for long form narration, goodness me! As for my workflow... yes it may sound a bit much for voice over, but itís taken me a year to be able to create the sound I wanted, and in the process I have ended up falling obsessively in love with all these plugins I use... what to do!?
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #13
serr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieM View Post
Oh I thought more ram and cpu would guarantee more speed...
CPU speed is matter of fact. Shop for higher single core speed 1st for audio and multiple cores 2nd.

RAM not so much. If you were actually using up all available ram with running apps, then adding more would bring the computer back up to normal speed. If you weren't using up all available ram, increasing it would do literally nothing. Audio work - even large track counts and plugin counts into the hundreds - doesn't usually use more than 4GB ram, FYI.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #14
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Oh wow, ok, I see. Had no clue about any of this. Thanks for all the info Serr, thatís really helpful! Iíll look into all of this new info.
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Also keep in mind that unless you definitely need a laptop you can get a much faster machine for much less money in the desktop form factor.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #16
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Thatís right! I canít wait to have a proper place where to settle down finally and... get equipment that donít need to be moved too much. At this point unfortunately, this doesnít fit the bill with an unsettled lifestyle...
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #17
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
CPU speed is matter of fact. Shop for higher single core speed 1st for audio and multiple cores 2nd.

RAM not so much. If you were actually using up all available ram with running apps, then adding more would bring the computer back up to normal speed. If you weren't using up all available ram, increasing it would do literally nothing. Audio work - even large track counts and plugin counts into the hundreds - doesn't usually use more than 4GB ram, FYI.

Can I ask your guys opinions about these two machines for example?

I found this one that seems like it would provide me with a great performance...?https://www.amazon.com/Dell-i5-8300H...%2C587&sr=1-26

And in this case, is 512GB SSD good or is 1TB SSD significantly better?


Or is this one, which has been upgraded, better?
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron...s%2C587&sr=1-5
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #18
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Looks like the intel (passmark) has a little bit better single-thread performance than the Ryzen (passmark) but the Ryzen is much faster overall and has 8 cores instead of 4... not sure how those balance... my guess would be that the Ryzen might be a better choice (are you doing anything else with this laptop besides audio processing?), but let's let serr guide us on this.

SSD size won't make a performance difference... it's just down to whether you want/need the space. In general more space = better, but it's just a convenience thing. Worst case you get an external hard drive (which you need to have anyway for doing backups that are stored in a second location -- if you are recording anything that you care about.) If money is a question you could easily go with the 256GB SSD -- the 1TB HDD it comes with will be plenty of room to keep your stuff. Rendering your projects is going to be bottlenecked by CPU, not disk access, so even if you record/mix/render all on the HDD (and there's no need, since the 256GB SSD will have plenty of room) it won't affect performance. SSD's are crucial for efficient laptop operation in general (i.e. don't buy that version of the Dell that only has an HDD -- I'm surprised it's even an option), but when it comes to crunching through the numbers during a render, it will be all about the CPU performance.

Otherwise, both machines seem fine. I do note the 1920x1080 screen resolution on both machines, which isn't particularly high, but I doubt it would bum you out in practice.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #19
heda
Human being with feelings
 
heda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 6,467
Default

what about the fan noise? Are you going to record close to the laptop? A fan-less laptop would be the best then I guess.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #20
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Looks like the intel (passmark) has a little bit better single-thread performance than the Ryzen (passmark) but the Ryzen is much faster overall and has 8 cores instead of 4... not sure how those balance... my guess would be that the Ryzen might be a better choice (are you doing anything else with this laptop besides audio processing?), but let's let serr guide us on this.

SSD size won't make a performance difference... it's just down to whether you want/need the space. In general more space = better, but it's just a convenience thing. Worst case you get an external hard drive (which you need to have anyway for doing backups that are stored in a second location -- if you are recording anything that you care about.) If money is a question you could easily go with the 256GB SSD -- the 1TB HDD it comes with will be plenty of room to keep your stuff. Rendering your projects is going to be bottlenecked by CPU, not disk access, so even if you record/mix/render all on the HDD (and there's no need, since the 256GB SSD will have plenty of room) it won't affect performance. SSD's are crucial for efficient laptop operation in general (i.e. don't buy that version of the Dell that only has an HDD -- I'm surprised it's even an option), but when it comes to crunching through the numbers during a render, it will be all about the CPU performance.

Otherwise, both machines seem fine. I do note the 1920x1080 screen resolution on both machines, which isn't particularly high, but I doubt it would bum you out in practice.
Awesome!! Thanks again! I think Iíll go with the Ryzen model, since it sounds like it will perform better and has lots of cpu, plus it is cheaper than the other one...
I do save all my work on two external hard drives and on Icedrive, so I donít clutter my machine, which I will mostly use for writing and voice over work, so I am sure Iíll be fine with this.

A million thanks again to you all for sharing your time and knowledge, once more, the Reaper community is simply the best.
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #21
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Yeah, good point... However I bet that recording one-track voice stuff isn't going to kick the fans into gear too readily. At least not more than the old laptop, I'd guess.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #22
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieM View Post
Awesome!! Thanks again! I think Iíll go with the Ryzen model
Right on -- just wait for others to weigh in in case I have overlooked something. :-)

Quote:
the Reaper community is simply the best.
Agreed!
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #23
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
what about the fan noise? Are you going to record close to the laptop? A fan-less laptop would be the best then I guess.
I keep my laptop 20m away from the mic, around which I have built a booth with a door, a cupboard and lots of foam, cushions and blankets, and my room tone has been great, even with my old, awkward machine... so I trust thatíll be fine with these models 🤞
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #24
Fergler
Human being with feelings
 
Fergler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,628
Default

Because you are going to be rendering a lot of lengthy wav files but not needing much RAM or graphics power, I would steer you to the new ARM chips like M1. Reason is, you can get a lightweight (literally) MacBook Air for just over a grand with processing power that easily blows away intel laptops in the 1500-2500 dollar range - BUT - without having to buy an extremely good GPU with it. One of the hardest things to find in the computing world is a high CPU / low gpu computer. Often when the CPU is maxed out, a gaming graphics card is included too and that is a big part of the price.

That, and the price of a used 2020 M1 should be good right now with their new releases this week making people want to upgrade.

My 2 hour long wav files can now render in a minute or two instead of 10 or 15.

edit: also yeah, fanless is a nice touch too.
__________________
Check out my hip-hop, funk-rock band Theatre Crisp
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:15 AM   #25
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Because you are going to be rendering a lot of lengthy wav files but not needing much RAM or graphics power, I would steer you to the new ARM chips like M1. Reason is, you can get a lightweight (literally) MacBook Air for just over a grand with processing power that easily blows away intel laptops in the 1500-2500 dollar range - BUT - without having to buy an extremely good GPU with it. One of the hardest things to find in the computing world is a high CPU / low gpu computer. Often when the CPU is maxed out, a gaming graphics card is included too and that is a big part of the price.

That, and the price of a used 2020 M1 should be good right now with their new releases this week making people want to upgrade.

My 2 hour long wav files can now render in a minute or two instead of 10 or 15.

edit: also yeah, fanless is a nice touch too.
One minute for one hour real time!?? Wow, thatís very cool. Unfortunately my interface is for PC only, so I have to stick with that...
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:16 AM   #26
serr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,581
Default

What audio interface do you have?
(You mentioned UAD plugins? UA interfaces were always Mac 1st Windows 2nd FYI.)

I've been a long time Mac user. Using the last of the Jobs-era machines at present. (a 4 core i7 & a 12 core i7) The post-Jobs machines aren't very Apple-like with their soldered in hard drives and militant disposable build. For some reason they're only comparing their M1 CPU to lower performance Intel machines. Wonder why...

The used market can offer a heck of a lot of bang for the buck if you're a little computer savvy. Or turning to Linux and a little DIY. Otherwise we're back to either struggling with Windows or paying 3x too much for a disposable version of a Mac.


Found the breaking point of my laptop last night. 40 tracks being veri-speed pitch/time stretched on the fly while recording 16 channels of drums. Almost made it to the end of the first take before a couple dropouts started. Probably would have if I hadn't been scrolling the screen and opening performance meter at that moment. (As my brain was going "You idiot, those tracks are all still...")
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #27
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
For some reason they're only comparing their M1 CPU to lower performance Intel machines.
I don't know anything about macs or the M1, but after Fergler's post I checked out the CPU benchmarks on the M1 and they do seem to have pretty great single-thread performance? That said, I have no idea what varieties of M1's are out there, what you get in a laptop, etc... all the same? Different?
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #28
serr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,581
Default

I'll keep watching. If Apple makes a comeback and starts making machines with M.2 drive slots (minimum 2 would be nice), full port compliment, and drops the militant serialization of components and locking out of ANY repairs or mods and if their M1 CPU evolves and shines - that would all get my attention! Right now the new offerings would literally be downgrades for my current machines. I could coast for the next ten years. Start futzing with Linux one of these days as it takes over.

Apple were building computers for audio and video for a while there. Looks like they're building social media browsing devices now. And then the new $60,000 Mac Pro for the movie houses.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #29
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Wow, goodness me! Yeah, Iím in a different ball game! I just need to render one track with voice and a few plug-ins
The interface I got is an Apollo Twin usb for PC and I donít think it can be used with Mac -but I havenít researched or tested it-.

I have heard people say exactly that about the post-Jobs Mac generation, and I personally cringe at having to use Windows or Apple but being very computer un-savvy I would need a whole course to learn Linux -which would be great eventually, to liberate oneself from the two ogres...
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #30
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Last opinion query before I stop bugging you with this laptop enquiry!

I have found another Dell that has a better single thread performance and may work better for me... even though it has less cpu and 4 cores instead of 8...? (the difference in the screen size doesn’t bother me).

Which one would you recommend for voice over between these two:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron...4771641&sr=8-3
12407 cpu (ranks 435) and 3107 for single thread perf.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ADFB8IU9&psc=1
16418 cpu (ranks 301) and 2616 single thread.

As in, will there be a significant difference in the rendering time -it looks like I’m going to do more and more long form narration so that’s what interests me most- with the one that has a better single thread performance do you guys reckon?

Last edited by EmilieM; 10-20-2021 at 04:50 PM.
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #31
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,024
Default

My guess is that the first (with the faster single-thread) would be better -- let's see what the others say.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:20 AM   #32
heda
Human being with feelings
 
heda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 6,467
Default

yes. I would recommend faster single thread for your use too. More cores would help to be able to use more tracks with many plugins , which you probably don't need. For exporting a single track, a faster core is better.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:37 AM   #33
EmilieM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 53
Default

Ok, brillant! Iíll go with that 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
EmilieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:38 AM   #34
Raaphorst
Human being with feelings
 
Raaphorst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
Posts: 26
Default

I am running Reaper from a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Even when doing 52 tracks with full HD video mixing it all stays totally cool. No fans blowing.

For voice over all machines should be ok except faulty ones.
__________________
Greetings,

Marco Raaphorst
Raaphorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.