Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #81
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Yes, that is the problem I had initially. I couldn't find even the QCon Pro X files. The QCon Pro G2 files were not made by anyone at the time. (at least not shared)

So this Beta CSI does not have the G2 Files.

You basically have to copy the files I made in the locations listed and create the QConG2Luis folder and put the files in there as well for the Zones.

So you have to combine this CSIBeta.zip with the QConProG2 files I made. If that makes sense.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #82
siniarch

Look at my previous answer post #81. and also to this previous post for the correct locations:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=46
Old 09-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #83
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Yes, that is the problem I had initially. I couldn't find even the QCon Pro X files. The QCon Pro G2 files were not made by anyone at the time. (at least not shared)

You basically have to copy the files I made in the locations listed and create the QConG2Luis folder and put the files in there as well for the Zones.

So you have to combine this CSIBeta.zip with the QConProG2 files I made. If that makes sense.
Unfortunately you have lost me I'm afraid.
herg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:36 PM   #84
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by herg67 View Post
Unfortunately you have lost me I'm afraid.
No worries.

OK, Once you have installed this BETA version of CSI, then you have to download the files I posted on my SiniSound Blog.
These files have the QCon Pro G2 MST files and the QCon Pro G2 ZON files. Once downloaded, they must be copied in the correct CSI installed folders.

I described this on Post #46 of this Thread. But I'll copy and paste it below so you do not have to go looking at that post:

POST #46
================================================== =======================
You need to put your QCon Pro G2 in Mackie MCU mode. And then download my MST file and ZON files listed on my post.
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/sinisou...con-pro-g2-csi

Those files need to be set up in the correct folders. Look at the previous post I did which has my folder structure and make sure the: LuisG2.mst (or whatever you want to call it) is under the CSI\Surfaces\Midi folder as per the images I provided.

And the : LuisG2 folder is under the \CSI\Zones folder with the provided ZON files in it.

Make sure the CSI folder is copied to the correct folder in your computer. Again, that's why I provided screen shots. If you look at the top of each one, you can see the entire folder path on my computer. Your computer may be different but should be similar.

POST #40 (this one also has the screen images of where the files go for reference)
Once you download the Beta Software. You should be able to unzip it into a temp folder.
Then read the instructions here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...i/Installation

Just for your reference. The folder on my computer where I had to copy the CSI folder was:
C:\Users\Luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER (If you are on Mac, I'm not sure where the files need to be copied. Sorry)
Into that folder is where I copied the CSI folder.

Here is a screen shot of my CSI MIDI folder

Here is a screen shot of my ZON folder

Note: keep in mind that your MST file must be the same name as the Folder for your Zones under the Zones folder. Note that my MST file is named "LuisG2.mst" and the folder that houses my "LuisG2.zon" is named "LuisG2" under the CSI\Zones folder.
================================================== ========================

I'm hoping this makes sense. What you have to understand is that CSI is the method to have REAPER communicate with MIDI/Eucon/OSC devices. But the installation of CSI does not predicate that every single device know to man will be already in that zip file. Only some are in there as examples because Geoff and some of the guys who have been contributing to CSI placed them in the ZIP file. For you and me who have a different device, we have to make those MST and ZON files ourselves specifically for our controllers. The good thing for you is that I already made one for the QCon Pro G2. Now you just have to place the files I made in the correct folder within the CSI folder and you are golden.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by siniarch; 09-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #85
herg67

Quote:
No worries.

OK, Once you have installed this BETA version of CSI, then you have to download the files I posted on my SiniSound Blog.
These files have the QCon Pro G2 MST files and the QCon Pro G2 ZON files. Once downloaded, they must be copied in the correct CSI installed folders.

I described this on Post #46 of this Thread. But I'll copy and paste it below so you do not have to go looking at that post:

POST #46
You need to put your QCon Pro G2 in Mackie MCU mode. And then download my MST file and ZON files listed on my post.
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/sinisou...con-pro-g2-csi

Those files need to be set up in the correct folders. Look at the previous post I did which has my folder structure and make sure the: LuisG2.mst (or whatever you want to call it) is under the CSI\Surfaces\Midi folder as per the images I provided.

And the : LuisG2 folder is under the \CSI\Zones folder with the provided ZON files in it.

Make sure the CSI folder is copied to the correct folder in your computer. Again, that's why I provided screen shots. If you look at the top of each one, you can see the entire folder path on my computer. Your computer may be different but should be similar.

POST #40 (this one also has the screen images of where the files go for reference)
Once you download the Beta Software. You should be able to unzip it into a temp folder.
Then read the instructions here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...i/Installation

Just for your reference. The folder on my computer where I had to copy the CSI folder was:
C:\Users\Luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER (If you are on Mac, I'm not sure where the files need to be copied. Sorry)
Into that folder is where I copied the CSI folder.

Here is a screen shot of my CSI MIDI folder

Here is a screen shot of my ZON folder

Note: keep in mind that your MST file must be the same name as the Folder for your Zones under the Zones folder. Note that my MST file is named "LuisG2.mst" and the folder that houses my "LuisG2.zon" is named "LuisG2" under the CSI\Zones folder.
================================================== ========================

I'm hoping this makes sense. What you have to understand is that CSI is the method to have REAPER communicate with MIDI/Eucon/OSC devices. But the installation of CSI does not predicate that every single device know to man will be already in that zip file. Only some are in there as examples because Geoff and some of the guys who have been contributing to CSI placed them in the ZIP file. For you and me who have a different device, we have to make those MST and ZON files ourselves specifically for our controllers. The good thing for you is that I already made one for the QCon Pro G2. Now you just have to place the files I made in the correct folder within the CSI folder and you are golden.

Does that make sense?
Unfortunately I am still not with you. Am I replacing the LuisG2 file names with QconProX named files ?
Old 09-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #86
siniarch

Quote:
Unfortunately I am still not with you. Am I replacing the LuisG2 file names with QconProX named files ?
Not sure why you would think that.

1. Install CSI Beta that I send you a link to today.
2. Inside the CSI Beta installation, place my QConG2 files. Both the MST and the ZON files. (as per the provided folder locations above)
3. Now select the QConG2 controller in CSI Beta inside Reaper.

That should do it.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:14 PM   #87
herg67

Quote:
Not sure why you would think that.

1. Install CSI Beta that I send you a link to today.
2. Inside the CSI Beta installation, place my QConG2 files. Both the MST and the ZON files. (as per the provided folder locations above)
3. Now select the QConG2 controller in CSI Beta inside Reaper.

That should do it.
Yes, I replaced the old reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll in user plugins with the older beta version. I then deleted the "LuisG2.zon" and "LuisG2" files, and then substituted QConG2.zon and QConG2.mst files in their locations.

I then selected the QConG2 controller in CSI Beta inside Reaper and again the mixer didn't change, except the faders moved a little. Nothing happened.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #88
siniarch

Quote:
Yes, I replaced the old reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll in user plugins with the older beta version. I then deleted the "LuisG2.zon" and "LuisG2" files, and then substituted QConG2.zon and QConG2.mst files in their locations.

I then selected the QConG2 controller in CSI Beta inside Reaper and again the mixer didn't change, except the faders moved a little. Nothing happened.
I think the way I would do it is as follow:

1. Go to your REAPER Roaming folder:
C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

2. Delete the "CSI" folder entirely.

3. Then, once you UNZIP the "CSI beta.zip" file that you downloaded today from my link. You will see a CSI folder. Copy this "CSI" folder back into the REAPER Roaming Folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER
So now you will have again a folder such as: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI

4. Then Grab the files you downloaded from my SiniSound Blog Post and copy them as follow:
"LuisG2.mst" and "LuisG2EX.mst" should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Surfaces \Midi
"LuisG2.zon" file should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zones\Lu isG2
"LuisG2EX.zon" file should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zones\Lu isG2EX

This would conclude the installation of the CSI Beta + the necessary QCon Pro G2 files into your Reaper installation.

The next steps are inside of REAPER and I have describe those extensively above and I believe you already have done that. Let me know if this works.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #89
herg67

Quote:
I think the way I would do it is as follow:

1. Go to your REAPER Roaming folder:
C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

2. Delete the "CSI" folder entirely.

3. Then, once you UNZIP the "CSI beta.zip" file that you downloaded today from my link. You will see a CSI folder. Copy this "CSI" folder back into the REAPER Roaming Folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER
So now you will have again a folder such as: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI

4. Then Grab the files you downloaded from my SiniSound Blog Post and copy them as follow:
"LuisG2.mst" and "LuisG2EX.mst" should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Surfaces \Midi
"LuisG2.zon" file should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zones\Lu isG2
"LuisG2EX.zon" file should go into this folder: C:\Users\luis_\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI\Zones\Lu isG2EX

This would conclude the installation of the CSI Beta + the necessary QCon Pro G2 files into your Reaper installation.

The next steps are inside of REAPER and I have describe those extensively above and I believe you already have done that. Let me know if this works.
I thought we were not using LuisG2EX files for the beta version, replacing with QconProX instead ?
Old 09-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #90
siniarch

Quote:
I thought we were not using LuisG2EX files for the beta version, replacing with QconProX instead ?
The LuisG2 files are for the iCon QCon Pro G2 control surface. The LuisG2EX files are for the iCon QCon EX G2 control surface (which is the extended unit. Only has faders, doesn't have extra buttons or Jog Wheel)

We are never using the QconProX. That is for another controller.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #91
herg67

I can't get firmware 1.8, only 1.0, 1.7 or 1.9 beta. It looks like this is never going to happen as yet again it has screwed my mixer up with the same problems. "Control surface error" when loading Reaper after setting up.

You directed me to the old beta csi which didn't contain any LuisG2 named files, just QCon G2, Then you tell me to install the LuisG2 files you linked previous to this beta version you just put me onto -

"Then Grab the files you downloaded from my SiniSound Blog Post and copy them as follow"

which makes it even more confusing as they are nothing to do with the older beta version.And why would I need LuisG2EX files when I don’t have the extended version of the QCon ?

I am losing the will to live and its very late. I need to get some sleep as my head hurts and try again tomorrow but the standard Mackie version works solid every time in any firmware version every time I load Reaper.

Last edited by herg67; 09-23-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #92
siniarch

Here is a videos that may explain better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5IC-fuI0E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xUHkhb-XI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9dTa17s_w

Also, I posted on the CSI post to see if anyone would jump in and help but not sure if anyone will come by. Perhaps you can try posting on the main CSI post and more people may be able to help.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #93
herg67

Quote:

Also, I posted on the CSI post to see if anyone would jump in and help but not sure if anyone will come by. Perhaps you can try posting on the main CSI post and more people may be able to help.
The first video goes into detail with the text files and codes which is not where I am at currently. The screen shot is slightly off focus which makes it harder to follow. Also, he is usig a different icon controller than myself which might be significant. Again, I have followed your instructions several times, different firmware etc and it just screws up my controller with different results every time. The standard Mackie settings is consistent every time I load Reaper so it can't be my controller.

Last edited by herg67; 09-24-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:32 AM   #94
herg67

Quote:

I am sorry but after following instructions several times with no success I have had to give up on this and perhaps wait for the icon firmware which will address the solo button issue.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:21 AM   #95
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
For the MCU protocol which is used by all icon devices there are several implementations for Reaper, all have their strengths and weaknesses and people prefer different ones:
1) The stock Reaper implementation (the worst IMHO)
2) Klinke - More features than 1) but also a bit rusty
3) CSI - this is a generic MIDI mapper for any controller. Advantage is that you can change everything (every button and slider) but AFAIK it is a bit fiddly. - see the CSI thread for more info
4) DrivenByMoss - Supports several controllers among MCU. The MCU functions are fixed but with many configuration settings - this is my baby, so I am a bit biased :-) - see the DrivenByMoss thread

Sure you can always do direct MIDI mapping but you will miss modes, which means each button/knob can only have 1 function.
I went with the drivenbymoss protocol which works a treat. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:33 AM   #96
uksnowy

Siniarch,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the effort you put into trying to help Herg67. I was following the thread and the Luis files work a treat. I really needed the jog wheel fix. Nice work and thank you for your patience.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:39 AM   #97
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
Siniarch,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the effort you put into trying to help Herg67. I was following the thread and the Luis files work a treat. I really needed the jog wheel fix. Nice work and thank you for your patience.
I concur, I really appreciate all the help and patience by everyone here. It's just been a frustrating journey trying to get the CSI to work following instructions to the letter. Unfortunately for some reason it doesn't work on my system but I have found my solution with the drivenbymoss protocol which works perfectly. Now the icon does pretty much everything I want it to to make the logistics of writing music on a DAW a joy instead of a chore.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:25 AM   #98
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
Siniarch,

Thanks for this message. I tried really hard, but just couldn't figure it out. Perhaps a video phone call would have helped, but unfortunately he wasn't able to do that. At the end, it looks like he found a solution and that makes me happy.
Also, its good to know that the info and the files will help others.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #99
siniarch

Quote:
I concur, I really appreciate all the help and patience by everyone here. It's just been a frustrating journey trying to get the CSI to work following instructions to the letter. Unfortunately for some reason it doesn't work on my system but I have found my solution with the drivenbymoss protocol which works perfectly. Now the icon does pretty much everything I want it to to make the logistics of writing music on a DAW a joy instead of a chore.
Herg67, I am really glad to hear that you found a solution and you are able to create music and enjoy your console.

Best of luck.

Moss, thanks for your great product as well. Glad its helping people.

And finally I can't thank Geoff of CSI and the group who contribute enough for all that you guys do.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #100
peter5992

Quote:
I am sorry but after following instructions several times with no success I have had to give up on this and perhaps wait for the icon firmware which will address the solo button issue.

The solo button issue appears to have been fixed ... if you go to the website of Icon and download the Klinke extension for Reaper and install that, the solo button works.

At least it worked for me.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll go to my DAW (it's the second DAW which I usually use for PT) and see exactly which versions I downloaded and installed.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #101
siniarch

It looks like poetnprophet just created a new video installing CSI and describing it in detail. I haven't watched the entire thing, but it really shows well how to install it. It goes a little fast, but people can Pause and Replay if they need.

I know this might be too late as Herg67 already found a solution that works, but just wanted to share it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBsFiiJEjY
Old 10-09-2020, 05:04 AM   #102
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
The solo button issue appears to have been fixed ... if you go to the website of Icon and download the Klinke extension for Reaper and install that, the solo button works.

At least it worked for me.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll go to my DAW (it's the second DAW which I usually use for PT) and see exactly which versions I downloaded and installed.
Thanks but the solo button works with the Drivenbymoss protocol perfectly fine.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:12 AM   #103
HeikoJ

Quote:
Thanks but the solo button works with the Drivenbymoss protocol perfectly fine.
Hi herg67,

FWIW I wrote some files for the Qcon Pro G2 for CSI a few days ago

Because I was frustrated (like you I guess) to have a big controller that is only half of use, I dove into CSI and now everything is working perfectly for me (except for a few minor problems) but the best thing is, I can configure myself what I want it to do, every single button (even with 4 modifiers for 5 different functions per button)

You can find the files in this post

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=12472

BUT: they're for the 1.0 Version of CSI (not the Beta version) which you can find here:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...i/Installation

Maybe you give CSI another shot, but Moss is also working fine and if it's doing everything you need, you should stick with it
HeikoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:53 PM   #104
mat chat

Default QconProGé.mst

Quote:

Hi Siniarch, i try to download your mst file for the QconProG2 but it seems that it is no longer available.is it possible for you to reupload it? thank you very much for your work!
Mat
mat chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:02 AM   #105
Chewie1984

Quote:
Ok, I now have the Q con and my first impressions is its huge, heavy but built of high quality. very impressed and it looks a thing of beauty.

I can get it pretty much working but some niggles I need to get round.

1) I can’t get the solo button light to display on each track when pressed. It does solo but only shows graphically in Reaper.

2) When writing automation to more than 1 track ( selecting them via select buttons) the faders all go jittery and odd as if confused, trying to all move in sync, instead of following my movements independently.

3) Reaper does not follow selected tracks made on the icon so its hard to know where you are on screen.

4) I wan’t audio only tracks to show on the icon, but it seems to display every track, including midi and folders which I don’t want.

5) Is it necessary to use the Reaper template supplied ?

6) There seems to be some slight lag between fader movements and the Reaper display.

Again, very impressed with it in general .

Thanks

Hello,

Did you solve the problem 2 ?
I have the same problem, when I want to write the automation of 2 selected tracks, the faders are joined.
Thank you in advance.
Chewie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:38 AM   #106
JonLinnarson

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of hard work just to get a midi controller to speak to Reaper that is very deep.
I think that the 8-fader X-Touch should work fine out-of-the-box with Reaper (just set it to 'MC Reap' mode). However, there is a problem with the X-Touch One that makes the 'follow selected track' function to not work. This is completely Behringer's fault though. They could have just created a separate MCU mode for the X-Touch One instead of using the same mode as for the 8-fader X-Touch, but they instead blame the problem on the Cockos devs (because they are lazy).

EDIT: Just realized this was a very old thread
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote