Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
Snobe
Human being with feelings

Banned, I understand. Is it possible for you to write some small tutorial on how to create patches in PD? This way we would "learn how to fish", instead of getting the fish

I noticed that its possible to set up two control surfaces at once while using only 1 BCR2000:
Eg. OSC+bcf2000 patch - which also works with BCR and what is interesting it actually gives feedback for the first 2nd row of encoders, so I suspect it would be possible to create sth similar for bcr2000 and all of the encoders/buttons.

Combining the BCF2000 "patch" + OSC "patch" at once gives many possibilities. That is what I actually want to use.

If I could create patches in PD, I would set up 2 control surfaces (OSC+Bcf2000 for my bcr2000) in this way:

1) The PD patch would give feedback to 3rd and 4th row of encoders, so I could use them with eg. Duende channel strip

2) The bcf2000 patch would give feedback to 2nd row of encoders, and I would use them for volume.

Start/stop/rewind/forward/buttons also in bcf patch, because feedback is not needed there.

Actually I already use such patch only with BCF2000 control surface for my BCR2000. I use the 3rd and 4th row of encoders in absolute soft takeover mode.

Ive my bcr2000 set up on 4 presets in BC manager:
preset1 channels 1-8
preset2 channels 9-16
preset3 channels 17-24
preset4 channels 25-32

This way I can use 32 channels of volume with feedback in 4 groups.
I also have buttons set up for:
-choosing next/previous channel
-channel 1, 9, 17 (for quick jumps)
-showing/hiding fx window for current selected channel
-show/hide mixer

To be honest, I wouldn't even use OSC in first place, if only I could set up my BCR knobs to work faster in relative mode I tried using BC manager to increase speed of the encoders, but it didn't work AT ALL. Any ideas why it didn't work?

I will gladly post my BCR2000 settings if anyone is interested.
I'm sorry if my post seems a bit chaotic or not related to topic in 100%, but maybe someone else can relate to my use of bcf2000 & PD patch.
Snobe is offline   Reply With Quote