Old 10-27-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
keener3rd
Human being with feelings

Default Action List Command ID

Hello,

After giving up running Reaper on Windows due to too many Windows driver issues, I got a new MacBook Pro yesterday. Although I've been an iPhone and iPad user for years, I'm new to the Mac OS.

With that said, I installed the macOS 10.15+ version last night and, try as I might, I cannot figure out how to get the Command ID column added to the Action List. I did find an existing thread with the following direction:

"Right-click on the action list header (where it says "Shortcut" and "Description") then ensure there is a check mark next to "Show Action IDs."

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working as all it does is change the sort order for the list. I've also tried right clicking along with the control and command keys to no avail. Any suggestions on how I can get the window to pop up that will allow me to add Command ID?

Thanks!
keener3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
jrengmusic

Can you scroll horizontally on Actions List window? This is shot in the dark, perhaps one of the column is just too wide such as description? You just need to drag/resize the column until hidden column re-appears.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #3
keener3rd

Good thought! Unfortunately, that's not it. There is plenty of blank space to the right of Shortcut, Description and State. I also don't think Command ID displayed by default on the Windows installation. I had to access the pop up window in order to add that column to the view.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #4
keener3rd

Problem solved. Amazon just delivered the bluetooth mouse I ordered yesterday and, although right clicking with the touchpad doesn't bring up the sub-menu, the mouse does! I was able to add the Command ID without a problem simply by using the mouse. Bizarre, but I'll take it!