Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
8dio
Human being with feelings

Default 8Dio releases: "Progressive Metal Guitar"

8Dio (8dio.com) has released Progressive Metal Guitar for Kontakt 4 & 5.

Progressive Metal delivers a fully-fledged collection of brutal hard rocking 7- and 8-string guitars in the style of Djent (ex. Meshuggah, Periphery, nods to Rammstein & Metallica). The collection includes 67 x 2 patches (programmed individually for Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5) containing over 1500 deep-sampled phrases organized for song writing (ex. intro, verse, bridge, chorus, outro). The full product contains over 600 minutes of high-end session material boiled down to the meanest collection of phat and mean heavy guitars. The library was created with some of the best 8-strings (ex. Mayones Custom, ESP/LTD, Ibanez RG series) fitted with world-class pickups (ex. Bare Knuckle, Aftermath, Lundgren), pre-amps (Fractal Audio), and amps (ex. Mesa Rectifier, Diezel VH4). This is the most comprehensive selection of 8-string heavy guitars ever sampled.

Progressive Metal is using a highly advanced, yet ultra-intuitive layout that essentially allows you to control most things from your keyboard. The bottom part of the keyboard controls the pitch of the guitars. The mid part of the keyboard controls the guitar phrases. The upper part of the keyboard gives you real-time control over all the effects, including distortion, phaser, flanger, lo-fi, convolution reverb, delay, lowpass, hipass, screamer, cabinet etc. In addition, we also added a grain (bit-resolution) to the pitch bender and filter to the mod wheel – giving you an extreme amount of controls right at your fingertips.

- Introduction price: $199 (goes $249 on 10/20)
- Progressive Metal Guitars
- Product downloadable only
- Direct download on cloud server system
- Requires Full Retail Version of NI Kontakt 4.2+
- Separate programming for Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5

Check out our demos:

http://soundcloud.com/8dawn/sets/progressive-metal-1

Go here for video, documentation and more product information:

http://8dio.com/?btp_product=progressive-metal
8dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
mixer
Human being with feelings

This library sounds killer! My only beef is the price. I KNOW that it is extensive and organized well and a lot of time went into it. It's the usual Troel's quality -- superb. It's one of a kind, I know. I'm just looking at the universe of other products I need (ok, I don't NEED them, I WANT them), and budgeting my nickels and dimes. I have Epic Guitar and it's a great collection of phrases.

If the lib were $199 with an introductory price of $149, I'd most likely spring for it. Only $50, I know, but I have to draw a line somewhere.

I have a fair amount of Tonehammer stuff -- all great! Would like to add this 8dio lib, but man... just... can't... quite... make myself... click that Buy button.
mixer is offline   Reply With Quote