COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 03-31-2020, 06:59 AM   #1
tmladek
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple (local) output channels / multiple ReaNINJAM instances at once?

I would like to take remote tracks I am receiving and route them "inside" Reaper.

There's an old forum thread already asking the same question: Possible to Route Remote Channels to tracks in Repear? And it ultimately concludes that this is not possible, because the number of outputs would keep changing, and in any case, it's against NINJAM's philosophy.

I would like to ask whether this is still the case.

I do understand the intended workflow, and the technical reasons why there's only a single stereo output out of the ReaNINJAM plugin, but I would still like to experiment a bit, take just what I am receiving, and process it in my DAW. Particularly, I'd like to try sampling it, applying effects, and re-inserting it back into the jam; use it as a somewhat strange side-chain source (as I do realize it won't necessarily be in sync with what the others are hearing); or otherwise play around with it. For this, I need only the clean output from other participants, and not what I am playing.

I think it would also suffice if I could simply run two ReaNINJAM instances - one at the master, doing what it normally does, and one in a separate track, sending no output to the actual Jam, and which only receives the tracks I want to process, routed into my samplers and other paths (showing up in the Jam as a second user, most probably). However, when I tried this, the second ReaNINJAM instance did not initialize until I turned the first one off.

I know I am trying to do something (Rea)NINJAM was not quite designed for, so this is not exactly a support question, but I'd still be interested to know if anyone sees any way to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks in advance!
tmladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
akademie
Human being with feelings

But if you want to "sample" something coming in from some of the remote channels, you can solo them (those relevant remote channels), sample and un-solo afterwards.

Last edited by akademie; 03-31-2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote