Old 05-26-2024, 06:11 AM   #1
bjohn
Human being with feelings

Default VST mystery

When I run a scan of VSTs, Reaper finds all of them, but when I try to apply FX to a track the only ones that show up are the default Reaper ones.

I also have a portable install of Reaper (ReaClassical) on an external drive, and that one has no issues: all FX are visible. And I have several other DAWs on my computer (Logic, Ardour, Mixbus); all of them show all the FX. The install of Reaper on my computer doesn't show them, but it clearly finds them in a scan.

Any ideas for a fix?
bjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 01:46 PM   #2
fawudd

Just to state the obvious, did you try the clear cache and rescan option under settings VST ? It has sorted out strange results for me in the past.
fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 12:59 PM   #3
bjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawudd View Post
Just to state the obvious, did you try the clear cache and rescan option under settings VST ? It has sorted out strange results for me in the past.
Yep, those were the first things I did.

It scans and I see it finds all my VSTs. But when I open FX on any track, it only shows the native Reaper VSTs. So bizarre, especially since my portable install of Reaper shows all of them. This is why I'm stumped. The portable install is Reaper Classical, which I only use for certain projects (field recordings where I recorded a stereo main pair and spots).
bjohn is offline   Reply With Quote