Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-16-2022, 01:04 AM   #1
DreamDisease
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a way around opening all these extra x86 apps (M1 mac monterey)

Hi, ever since I upgraded my computer, whenever reaper starts a project of mine it opens a million reaper_x86_64 apps along with it. I guess these are all my plugins. It runs really fast, but the longer a project stays open, no matter what it is, it gradually eats up CPU and starts to crawl. Once I close and reopen reaper, everything's good again for an hour or two. Is there any way around this? I don't want to have to keep doing that, I didn't have to in my last system....but it overall was not as fast either, so this is the tradeoff i guess. I have tried running Reaper in Rosetta mode and it doesn't seem to have made it better. I guess the problem is that my plugins are older, but there are no upgrades for this system yet I guess. So is there something I'm missing or this just something to live with?
Old 10-18-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
DreamDisease

Anyone?
Old 10-19-2022, 04:04 AM   #3
mlprod

I don't know why you get a lot of them, you should have only one of those x86 things in the dock. To get rid of them/it completely, use native M1 plugins but you probably know that...
Old 10-19-2022, 01:07 PM   #4
DreamDisease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
I don't know why you get a lot of them, you should have only one of those x86 things in the dock. To get rid of them/it completely, use native M1 plugins but you probably know that...
Probably because I'm coming from an older computer and all the plugins I'd use in my starting template are now outdated even though they still work. I don't think they have native m1 yet, would there be a way to see which x86 is referencing which plugin so I can check? But if that's the only way around it idk what to do I guess I'll just live with having to restart every hour or so, just wasn't sure if there was another way.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #5
nottooloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDisease View Post
Hi, ever since I upgraded my computer, whenever reaper starts a project of mine it opens a million reaper_x86_64 apps
Try the Intel build instead of the Universal one.