Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Retamal
Human being with feelings

Default Problem in Muting and un-muting while playing

Hi, i've recently downloaded reaper and i liked it so far but I have a problem with muting tracks i want to think that is caused by problems in the configuration.

The problem happens when i have muted one track then press play and then while the track is playing I unmute the track and two things can happen :

1. the box where the time is showing start ticking red (i think this mean the system is overload or something)

2. the track that i unmuted start making awful noise or doesnt sound ( like is still muted)

the second happen when I untick the box in buffering prefferences wich says "optimize buffering for low latency hardware (recommended)" and when this is on, the first error happens. (sometimes the red thing tick once or twice but sometimes it never stop ticking unless y press stop)

my mac:
mid 2012
8gb ram
i7
mountain lion 10.8.5
Retamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
serr

There's a preference setting in Preferences/Audio: "Do not process muted tracks" that is likely still checked.

I believe the intention of this is to turn the mute buttons into 'track disable' buttons to be able to squeeze more processing power out of older computers with a quick mute button click.

If you intend to use the mute buttons on the fly (ie. like normal mute buttons), you should disable this. Otherwise Reaper will be deluged with switching routing, PDC recalculations and so on to un-disable on the fly.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Retamal

wow thanks that solved the problem now it works fine, thanks again!
Retamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
Adn_71

Finally found the solution!, shouldnt be this off by default?, it is a nightmare of clicks and glitches hurting the ears and the workflow when mute and unmute frequently plugins or tracks with plugins, which i think is quite common.

The option is in 6.73 "Preferences/Audio/Mute-Solo"

There is still some clicks when looping busy parts, as if the wave wont snap to zero. Problem is that is not always, but frequently.

But fixing this was really a big relief thanks.

EDIT: I just found that this answer is in "MacOs" sub Forum (searched with google), just want to say that im on Windows 10 but the solution still applies, if the moderator want to move the post i get it.

Last edited by Adn_71; 01-03-2023 at 03:56 PM.
Adn_71 is offline   Reply With Quote