Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #561
winbe
Human being with feelings

Hello,
nice one!

But I have a kind of regression... when composing I keep my TCP quite narrow..
And now the volume of the selected track appears under the volume control, which is indeed very nice... but... if the button is to close to the text, which is the case with a narrow TCP... I can't move the button, so I can't adjust the volume of the current track!
Old 01-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #562
alphoc

Hi, blankfiles. Thanks a lot for this super theme, super update. I like it much but mcp send knobs very buggy, it needs update . So tcp small layout would be nice come back. Reacomp gain reduciton has a green line, what is it? Not eye-friendly.

Last edited by alphoc; 01-13-2020 at 07:29 AM.
alphoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #563
tweed

winbe: me too, need to widen side panel to get it to (may or may not) work, i think i recall, though for sure double clicking on VOL knob jumps level to zero db. LOUDER usually :-)

HEY, is this not the MOST AWESOME THEME!!!
Gettin' real fast at sorting prefs and more after updating theme each time.

ALL IS GOOD!!

~~>> THANK YOU SO MUCH BLANKFILES <<~~

appreciated finding out your general schedule about your work
- GREAT STUFF ALL ROUND!! BRAVO!!!!

Last edited by tweed; 01-12-2020 at 02:45 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #564
Funkybot

If anyone's open to experimenting and not going to blame me in case anything goes wrong, here's what I found works pretty well in terms of getting big parts of your old config working with each new iLogic update:

1. Prior to updating your iLogic theme, export your current configuration, back up all relevant stuff and call it something like "backup.ReaperConfigZip"
2. Import the iLogic 3-6 configuration (you can always go back to this config if anything gets broken)
3. Exit Reaper
4. Open File Explorer and locate your "backup.ReaperConfigZip" file (or whatever you called it)
5. Make a copy of this file
6. Take the copy and change the extension .zip
7. Open that zip file
8. Now in the root folder, you'll see a bunch of .ini files, you can copy *some* of these right into your Reaper Resource Path (overwriting what's there) and get back many of your old settings. It takes some figuring out, but you can copy the .ini files for things like AU, DX, VST plugins, mouse settings, VST settings, FX folders/option, screensets, and sws-autocolors.

I'm not sure if the REAPER.ini can be imported without breaking anything in the theme - that'll be something I probably look into with the next update. I *believe* if you import the reaper_kb.ini (keyboard shortcuts and actions) you're going to break some of the custom actions in iLogic so I'd stay away from that for now.

Note for BlankFiles, I think if some of these files are just removed the config, users will be able to update more seamlessly in the future. It may take some collective trial and error to figure out what can be removed and what needs to stay but may be worthwhile. It's a bit painful to reconfigure Reaper from scratch with each new iLogic update.

Last edited by Funkybot; 01-12-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #565
tweed

Funkybot: WOW - you read my mind!! Earlier, I was going to mumble something about: ""there must be tips and tricks for import/export configs"".

THANKS HUGELY for the work to figure and for posting!

GOOD CONVERSATION TOPIC on the configs import/export.
ALL OTHER COMMENTS ON EXPERIENCES, FINER-POINTS WELCOMED - obviously!

Happy Sunday!
Old 01-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #566
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
Funkybot: WOW - you read my mind!! Earlier, I was going to mumble something about: ""there must be tips and tricks for import/export configs"".

THANKS HUGELY for the work to figure and for posting!

GOOD CONVERSATION TOPIC on the configs import/export.
ALL OTHER COMMENTS ON EXPERIENCES, FINER-POINTS WELCOMED - obviously!

Happy Sunday!
Thanks! If you, or anyone wants to jump in and help definte a whitelist of files that can be overwritten without breaking anything, that'd be awesome. Maybe we can crowdsource a procedure.

The above was nice cause I got my SWS-Autocolors back, VST renamed plugins, Custom FX Folders, Mouse Modifiers, etc. I'm sure if the Reaper.ini can be overwritten, but that one would probably be key to retaining preferences. If no one tries before the next update, I'll check at that time.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #567
Lysdestic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm not sure if the REAPER.ini can be imported without breaking anything in the theme - that'll be something I probably look into with the next update. I *believe* if you import the reaper_kb.ini (keyboard shortcuts and actions) you're going to break some of the custom actions in iLogic so I'd stay away from that for now.
Thanks for this. I've been copying over small files like SWS autocolor and such already, but it's nice to see some other input on what can be pulled back in.

I'm most curious about reaper.ini. I'll make a point to experiment when time permits. As it currently stands, I've got a folder of screenshots of EVERY page of the preferences dialogue that I have to go through and redo with each update. It's a pain, but worth it!
Lysdestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #568
winbe

Default Cannot change easily volume in TCP if label too large...

Well... in fact my problem is a real one.. if I have a volume such as -12.7dB...
I can make the TCP as wide as possible, this does not solve the problem, I can't move the slider.... unless I click really on the upper or lower part of the round slider
Old 01-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #569
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Well... in fact my problem is a real one.. if I have a volume such as -12.7dB...
I can make the TCP as wide as possible, this does not solve the problem, I can't move the slider.... unless I click really on the upper or lower part of the round slider
I mix almost exclusively in the MCP but I just tried it out, and here's what I'm seeing in the TCP:

1. Click and drag the center of the fader circle: doesn't move
2. Click and drag a little low or high: fader moves as expected
3. Click in the top-third of the fader background area (the black part): the fader immediately jumps to the mouse position (this can scare the crap out of you)
4. Click in the bottom-third of the fader background area: doesn't move

I think 1 and 3 are bugs.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:21 PM   #570
vsthem

I switch between a view where a single selected channel is visible on the left side of the screen, and a view where the full mixer is displayed on the bottom part of the screen.

Is there any way to set it up to where the "BIG" version appears on the view with the single channel on the left, and the "regular" version (shorter faders) appears when I'm in a view with the mixer on the bottom?

Thanks for a great theme!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #571
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
I switch between a view where a single selected channel is visible on the left side of the screen, and a view where the full mixer is displayed on the bottom part of the screen.

Is there any way to set it up to where the "BIG" version appears on the view with the single channel on the left, and the "regular" version (shorter faders) appears when I'm in a view with the mixer on the bottom?

Thanks for a great theme!
Create new screensets for this. Setup your single big fader on the left view and save a screenset (note: if you see two or more faders stacked on top of each other, right click in the mcp area - there's a "stack faders" type option you can uncheck). Then another screenset with your mixer in place and shorter faders. I do exactly this.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #572
vsthem

A couple tiny things:

https://imgur.com/a/YmvJayQ

One thing I miss from the default 6 theme when I switch to yours, is the easy to see notes out of view range. As you can see in the above picture, there are MIDI notes that I need to scroll up to see. Switching between instruments with huge ranges, having an easy to see indicator of where notes are (up or down) is really helpful.

One other tiny thing is I'd love to be able to switch on "track icons in mixer" without the icons taking up a lot of vertical space. On your theme, everything else compresses before the track icons. I think the track icons can be much thinner, and still visible.

Thanks!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #573
rocketman3746

Quote:
If anyone's open to experimenting and not going to blame me in case anything goes wrong, here's what I found works pretty well in terms of getting big parts of your old config working with each new iLogic update:
Ok, if I saw you in a bar, I'd buy you several rounds of drinks, you just saved me a ridiculous amount of time! I think I managed to export everything I wanted on the first time, and didn't bring over anything that broke the way the theme worked. I don't even really know for sure what these all are, but I made my best guess and it worked out (so far). If I discover that any of these have broken some part of iLogic, I'll let you know...

reaper-defpresets
reaper-dxplugins
reaper-dxplugins64
reaper-fxfolders
reaper-fxoptions
reaper-fxtags
reaper-midihw
reaper-mouse
reaper-vstbridge64
reaper-vstplugins
reaper-vstplugins64
reaper-vstrenames
reaper-vstrenames64
reaper-vstshells
reaper-vstshells64
S&M
S&M_Cyclactions
sws-autocoloricon
Xenakios_Commands
rocketman3746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:31 PM   #574
aomahana

Default v3.6 bug?

Hello Blankfiles.

First, thank you for 3.6.

I am very happy that you have included the yellow Aux faders from V2.5, and the general lightening of the colour from previous V3 versions. I have now moved to V3.6 and am enjoying the changes.

However,there may be a little bug with the transport controls.
If you right click on the blank area of the transport, selecting the following options has no effect ... Show play rate control (de-selecting does not remove),Show time signature (de-selecting does not remove), Centre transport controls (selecting does not change position)

Also, I am hoping that when you start offering the high res versions, that you also continue to provide standard 1080 versions as well.

All the best,
aomahana.
aomahana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #575
Funkybot

Not to sound ungrateful for BlankFiles work, but does anyone else think the TCP looks like it took a step backwards in the most recent release? Here's a comparison of 3.55 and 3.6. To me, the TCP in 3.6 looks like it's not anti-aliased, is much louder color-wise, and the icons look like they've been overly sharpened. Is it like this for everyone?

Also, I'm not a fan of the vertical white bar on the selected track in 3.6. It looks like there's a missing graphic element. Try to read the numbers on the unselected tracks between the two versions. Almost everything feels a little worse IMO.

Here's a side by side...

Again, I appreciate all the work, but my personal opinion is that the 3.55 TCP was much smoother looking and more aesthetically pleasing. If this isn't a bug from me screwing around, I'd personally like to go back to the prior version.

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-19-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:52 PM   #576
Lysdestic

I agree, I am missing the muted colors and I feel like the TCP was a bit smoother in 3.5.

Maybe just part of the adjustment to the changes to themes for 6.0?
Lysdestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #577
alphoc

a strange bug; volume fader does not work when in selected tcp.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #578
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
a strange bug; volume fader does not work when in selected tcp.
I already commented on this one, in fact you can still grab the upper or lower section of the round knob, then it would work
Old 01-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #579
winbe

Hm..

I still have my original request... I often switch from this theme to others, and I really regret that the mixer cannot be reduced in size (vertically I mean) more than that.

On most other themes, I can get a tiny fader/meter, which is still usable/readable, making the whole thing perfect.

Also, each time I re-switch to this theme, I have to change to the layout where all the extra information in the mixer is removed.

I think I'll really have to learn Walter, because I love this theme overall, but these small annoyances are driving me crazy when using it several hours a day
Old 01-15-2020, 03:48 AM   #580
aomahana

Default separators

Hello Blankfiles,

A request, if it is not too much trouble.
I would find it useful to have a selection of separator widths.

What do you think?
Old 01-19-2020, 04:16 AM   #581
tweed

Funkybot!

JUST started partly on a 4K screen. 3840x2160p {16x9} Scary though cool. So, just thinking that 'now little' WHITE bar (you mentioned)--> far left on the SELECTED TRACK ~~> is kinda really helpful.
Something like it anyways works for finding the track I'm on, waaay easier.

best wishes ALL!

it never ends
? - Sure, I'm goin' with that. {{late-nite madness}}

Last edited by tweed; 01-19-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #582
timzibrat

Hi.

I have a small request. Up until 3.55 we had the option of "colorful" tcp layouts, which I loved, since it's easier to navigate in a huge project, while now only the folder layouts seem to be colored. Any way of having some of those return?

Overall I'm a super happy I LOGIC V3 user and thanks for all the work.
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #583
KamHlav

Hi Blankfiles,

thank you for your perfect theme, but I found one problem (maybe not only I):

Problem with clipping on mix in ILOGIC v3. On the mixer - If I have mother track,
so on this track and on a last children track are problems with a deactivation
of red clip identification.
Tracks between these two tracks have not these problems.

If I click, on mother track, on level volume identifikation, or under this place, this mother track open or close. And last children track do nothing.
And original default theme for REAPER 6 has not this problem too.
Attached Images
File Type: gif REAP v3.gif (63.6 KB, 374 views)
File Type: gif REAP 6 ORIG.gif (53.2 KB, 288 views)
KamHlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #584
Funkybot

Default Corrected Send Knob

Until it gets fixed, if any iLogic v3 users want a corrected send knob that doesn't wobble when being rotated, feel free to use this one that I just whipped up in Knobman (note: this is for the normal size theme, not the BIG version).

Just replace the mcp_send_knob_stack.png in the appropriate iLogic theme folder with this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/juva2h70nh...stack.png?dl=0
Old 01-22-2020, 12:02 AM   #585
alphoc

Hi Blankfiles;

Logic Theme last update very beautiful. Contrast, colours etc very good but some points need update;

1. Asymetric send knobs
2. Selected TCP fader doesn't work, unselected OK
3. Weird vertical green line in Reacomp & Reaeq....
4. I can't find the master tcp volume envelope button.

Last edited by alphoc; 01-31-2020 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:04 AM   #586
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
Hi Blankfiles;

2. TCP fader doesn't work
Hi,
we have already mentionned this point; this is really the most annoying, and as I use this very frequently, I tend to use another theme, just because of that.
Note that if you are precise with your mouse, you can grab the very top of the knob (or the bottom), and there it works.

It seems to be just a matter of focus, the label indicating the dB value seems to be above the knob... which makes sense, to be able to see it.. but then it means the knob cannot be "grabbed"...
Old 01-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #587
Faderjockey

I donated took for ever to get Link when I did it was a bad link.. when I msg about it got now answer.. I’ve been busy remodeling studio and still trying to fit sessions in so haven’t had time to check in here.. but still got no reply.. I won’t be donating anymore..

And I just checked my inbox again and the Dropbox link he sent me when you click on it it just says can’t display link which I’ve never seen with Dropbox before but nothing I can do..
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #588
tweed

REWRITTEN:

Regarding: UNCLEAR WHITE ITEMS (on tracks)

Sorry to ask, especially if this has been covered.

QUESTION: MIDI items, always, regardless of being selected or not, and many audio items when NOT selected, are about as WHITE as the notes or wave form's graphics.

When tracks are as small as possible or thereabouts many audio items are impossible to view WITH any indication of wave-forms inside items.

MIDI items at any size do not show the note graphics inside the item when viewing the tracks.
This has nothing to do with the midi editor view.

Maybe there's a tweak to the prefs?

THANKS!

Last edited by tweed; 01-28-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #589
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
I donated took for ever to get Link when I did it was a bad link.. when I msg about it got now answer.. I’ve been busy remodeling studio and still trying to fit sessions in so haven’t had time to check in here.. but still got no reply.. I won’t be donating anymore..

And I just checked my inbox again and the Dropbox link he sent me when you click on it it just says can’t display link which I’ve never seen with Dropbox before but nothing I can do..
This is very strange. Others, myself included, haven't had any issues with the Dropbox link. Are you trying to open the file from Dropbox? Cause, yeah, then Dropbox will display a message about not being able to display a file because it can't preview RepaerThemeZip files.

The process should be:

1. Click the Dropbox link you were provided.

2. Towards the top-right of Dropbox, you should see a white "Download" button. Click that then select "Direct Download" to download the file. If you don't see the "Download" button, click the arrow on the top-right to "Open Sidecar" then click the Download button. If you don't see either then post a screen print of what dropbox looks like in your browser.

3. Once you've downloaded the file, just unrar it using whatever software you use for .rar files (7zip, WinRAR, etc.)

4. Follow the install instructions.

Note: BlankFiles already said he works in a mine and isn't able to get online every day.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #590
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
REWRITTEN:

Regarding: UNCLEAR WHITE ITEMS (on tracks)

Sorry to ask, especially if this has been covered.

QUESTION: MIDI items, always, regardless of being selected or not, and many audio items when NOT selected, are about as WHITE as the notes or wave form's graphics.

When tracks are as small as possible or thereabouts many audio items are impossible to view WITH any indication of wave-forms inside items.

MIDI items at any size do not show the note graphics inside the item when viewing the tracks.
This has nothing to do with the midi editor view.

Maybe there's a tweak to the prefs?

THANKS!
Are you talking about the MIDI data and waveforms being white when deselected? If so, the answer is yes, those can be changed in the Theme Tweaker.

Here is mine. Unselected media items have black peaks/drawings whereas the selected waveforms are white (snare track).

If yes, here's what you need to change in the theme tweaker...

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-19-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #591
tweed

FABULOUS! Thanks Funkybot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #592
Tech513

So I have a good question for you guys. I'm sure this has to do with the custom action that is setup for this. But I'm sure that it was not intended to work this way.

So when I go to insert a track
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdy0pulacp...track.png?dl=0

I end up with 2 windows popping up
one to name the track and another to pick the instrument.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbes4a3mgs...track.png?dl=0

I can name the track then click okay, then when I pick the instrument. IT adds the instrument but creates a whole new track.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0t2kdk483...ument.png?dl=0
Tech513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #593
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech513 View Post
So I have a good question for you guys. I'm sure this has to do with the custom action that is setup for this. But I'm sure that it was not intended to work this way.

So when I go to insert a track
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdy0pulacp...track.png?dl=0

I end up with 2 windows popping up
one to name the track and another to pick the instrument.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbes4a3mgs...track.png?dl=0

I can name the track then click okay, then when I pick the instrument. IT adds the instrument but creates a whole new track.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0t2kdk483...ument.png?dl=0
I had the same thing happen. I just replaced that action with the standard Insert Instrument on New Track action.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:11 AM   #594
Tech513

Quote:
I had the same thing happen. I just replaced that action with the standard Insert Instrument on New Track action.
Okay got you, I ended up doing something similar to that Custom Action

After some tinkering around. I ended up with that custom action being like this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6znviwq0oa...20new.PNG?dl=0

I believe this is how the custom action was originally setup.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km6j1ufwsz...r%202.PNG?dl=0

Now I was playing with this issue and inserting multiple instruments, I Haven't figure out a way to change that. But maybe some tinkering this afternoon and I'll figure something out.

Thanks Funkybot
Tech513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #595
Blankfiles

V3.65 soon

Update : Fix Folder selection
: Fix Send Knobs
: Fix Selected tcp Vol Label position

: More dark mute,solo ,rec ect for better contrast
: lilte more work to come

Old 02-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #596
alphoc

You're the best.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #597
Robart69

great news, thank you very much
Robart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:53 AM   #598
aomahana

Hi Blankfiles,

What kind of mine do you work in?
Old 02-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #599
jgutierro

Default Donated

Hello I made donation jgutierro90@gmail.com
jgutierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #600
tweed

Feature request

maybe add a little COLOR-CUBE on the far right of FOLDER tracks?

[FOLDER tracks as busses HARD TO FIND without some extra color on them, i think]

maybe a little COLOR-CUBE (or something) on the far right (or somewhere) of FOLDER tracks?

Would anyone agree that when using a lot of folders (as busses) that it could be very helpful to
have track color show somehow on maybe just the right edge of the FOLDER itself?
I find that brilliant as not colouring the entire tracks is, until selected, and that just having the far left colour bit there is good,
THAT/YET, with a lot of folders EXPANDED (showing child sub track) it's very hard to find JUST the folders.

SORRY for no images to show. should figure out how to do that. -sigh/smile- Why does time almost always win!!! Grrr!

---------------

NOTE: deleted bit about FX not showing in TCP until going to mixer, then back to tracks (TCP)
happens with default theme too!

LOVE THIS THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best wishes to all

Last edited by tweed; 02-05-2020 at 06:39 PM.