Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Leyf
Human being with feelings

Default Playing Live?

I've been using Reaper for the last few years. It's my first DAW, and now I am having a great desire to produce and perform EDM music. I grew up learning how to produce mix and master alternative/acoustic music, so I'm at quite the turning point.

In my understanding, Reaper doesn't have a live performance capability. I have been looking into alternatives, especially Ableton Live, being the most popular.

I am very hesitant to begin learning a new DAW, especially if I don't have to.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue? I'm not sure which direction to take.
Leyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
fortunatefolks

Incorrect. There are lots of people that use REAPER live. In fact, there is already a set-up for using a controller to trigger live elements... if you have SWS extension installed, then click on on the extensions menu at the top of the REAPER window and there you will find "Live Configs" listed under there. There are lots of people with some pretty complicated stuff they are running live with REAPER including using marker actions. A simple forum search for REAPER live will help get you where you want to be.

Last edited by fortunatefolks; 10-17-2017 at 06:43 PM.
fortunatefolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
mschnell

In fact you might want to search the forums for "LiveConfigs" to find lots of threads on that issue.

I don't have any idea about EDM Live Performnace (I use Reaper for live playing "instruments" rather than "Loops"), so I can't really help.

"Playtime" seems to be done for such usage cases. You might want to search the forums for that keyword, as well.

(BTW.: I decently vote for creating a forum for Live usare of Reaper ! )

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote