Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #11721
Equitone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
You may be right. Yes, you can set it to either hui or Mackie.
Have I misunderstood something? I thought the vertical bar was now persona non grata, but notice it appears after the names of widgets in the zon file?
I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get someone to recheck whether it is set correctly. I'm hoping it's wrong...
Hi,

Not got anyone to check it out yet, but:
The transport controls work, as does the jog wheel.
Does this mean it must be in Mackie mode?
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #11722
Funkybot

Quote:
Hi,

Not got anyone to check it out yet, but:
The transport controls work, as does the jog wheel.
Does this mean it must be in Mackie mode?
Here's the instructions on how to change the modes from Behringer's Getting Started manual for the X-Touch.

You probably want to set it up for MC mode, with USB or MIDI (depending on how you're connecting it to your PC).

CONFIGURATION MENU

1. Press and hold down the Channel 1 SELECT button and then turn on the unit’s power switch to enter the X-TOUCH configuration menu.

2. Rotate encoder 1 to change the emulation mode between HUI, MC, or other (future) modes.

3. Rotate encoder 2 to select the interface from USB, MIDI, or Network. Setup network details with encoders 3 to 7 where required.

4. Rotate encoder 8 to adjust the display contrast from 0-100%.

5. Press Channel 1 SELECT button again to save.

...if you still run into trouble, post in the new CSI device setup thread:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=245280
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #11723
Funkybot

Geoff, does it make more sense to 1) add instructions on the CSI Wiki about clearing out the csi.ini that comes with CSI by default, or 2) not including the csi.ini file in the package at all and letting CSI create a new one as users setup devices for the first time?

I personally think option 2 is probably better in the long-term just because I can see users accidentally overwriting working CSI configs by copying over the csi.ini in the zip file.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #11724
Equitone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Here's the instructions on how to change the modes from Behringer's Getting Started manual for the X-Touch.

You probably want to set it up for MC mode, with USB or MIDI (depending on how you're connecting it to your PC).

CONFIGURATION MENU

1. Press and hold down the Channel 1 SELECT button and then turn on the unit’s power switch to enter the X-TOUCH configuration menu.

2. Rotate encoder 1 to change the emulation mode between HUI, MC, or other (future) modes.

3. Rotate encoder 2 to select the interface from USB, MIDI, or Network. Setup network details with encoders 3 to 7 where required.

4. Rotate encoder 8 to adjust the display contrast from 0-100%.

5. Press Channel 1 SELECT button again to save.

...if you still run into trouble, post in the new CSI device setup thread:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=245280
Getting it set isn't the problem, but I have no sight, so will have to wait for someone who does.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #11725
Equitone

Quote:
Geoff, does it make more sense to 1) add instructions on the CSI Wiki about clearing out the csi.ini that comes with CSI by default, or 2) not including the csi.ini file in the package at all and letting CSI create a new one as users setup devices for the first time?

I personally think option 2 is probably better in the long-term just because I can see users accidentally overwriting working CSI configs by copying over the csi.ini in the zip file.
Does this mean that if you only have one surface, there should only be one line in CSI.ini?
Old 11-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #11726
Funkybot

Quote:
Does this mean that if you only have one surface, there should only be one line in CSI.ini?
Yes! That could totally be the issue.

The other surfaces you're seeing listed may be from Geoff's setup. If you copied over the CSI.ini, then those surfaces (which you don't own) will still be stealing channels from your device. So if you're seeing things like "iPhone," "Eucon," remove all of those!

Just open up the CSI settings in Reaper and delete the additional devices.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #11727
Funkybot

Geoff,

Is there any reason this works on my MIDI Fighter Twister hardware, but does not work in the OSC version? FX zones work, but I can't get this basic surface.zon working with the OSC version.

Code:
Zone Home
     OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
     IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
     DisplayUpperA1           NoAction
     DisplayLowerA1           NoAction
     RotaryA1                 NoAction
     DisplayRotaryPushA1      NoAction 
     RotaryPushA1             Reaper "40286"           //Track: Go to previous track
     DisplayUpperShiftA1      NoAction 
     DisplayLowerShiftA1      NoAction 
     ShiftRotaryA1            NoAction 

DisplayUpperA2           NoAction
     DisplayLowerA2           NoAction
     RotaryA2                 NoAction
     DisplayRotaryPushA2      NoAction 
     RotaryPushA2             Reaper "40285"           //Track: Go to Next track
     DisplayUpperShiftA2      NoAction 
     DisplayLowerShiftA2      NoAction 
     ShiftRotaryA2            NoAction 
ZoneEnd
Using the above, I'm getting nothing. I'd like to be able to do the same thing I do for FX and have the OSC version act as a display. Was going to add in FixedTextDisplay "ActionName" but I can't get the OSC version working at all.

But like I said, the second I load an FX, it comes right to life.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #11728
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Yeah, it does seem to be a source of constant confusion

I like option 2 as well, now the that we have the wiki to explain it all.

Interested in what others think as well, maybe there is an even better approach.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #11729
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff,

Is there any reason this works on my MIDI Fighter Twister hardware, but does not work in the OSC version? FX zones work, but I can't get this basic surface.zon working with the OSC version.

Code:
Zone Home
     IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
     DisplayUpperA1           NoAction
     DisplayLowerA1           NoAction
     RotaryA1                 NoAction
     DisplayRotaryPushA1      NoAction 
     RotaryPushA1             Reaper "40286"           //Track: Go to previous track
     DisplayUpperShiftA1      NoAction 
     DisplayLowerShiftA1      NoAction 
     ShiftRotaryA1            NoAction 

DisplayUpperA2           NoAction
     DisplayLowerA2           NoAction
     RotaryA2                 NoAction
     DisplayRotaryPushA2      NoAction 
     RotaryPushA2             Reaper "40285"           //Track: Go to Next track
     DisplayUpperShiftA2      NoAction 
     DisplayLowerShiftA2      NoAction 
     ShiftRotaryA2            NoAction 
ZoneEnd
Using the above, I'm getting nothing. I'd like to be able to do the same thing I do for FX and have the OSC version act as a display. Was going to add in FixedTextDisplay "ActionName" but I can't get the OSC version working at all.

But like I said, the second I load an FX, it comes right to life.
Does it work if you manually switch the OSC device to the correct page ?
Old 11-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #11730
Equitone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

Interested in what others think as well, maybe there is an even better approach.
The article on the WIKI is very clear, and bearing that in mind, option 2 would be good
Old 11-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #11731
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
The article on the WIKI is very clear, and bearing that in mind, option 2 would be good
Cool, the next build will have a page but no surfaces.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #11732
Cragster

hey all. o i was trying to get touch osc working on my android phone. dont really know what im doing haha but im trying. i followed the wiki just to see if i could get anything going and it wouldnt download any csi layout from the editor to my phone. kept getting an error unable to reach host or something like that. but i was wondering can i use one of the layouts in the touchosc app ? i brought one up on my phone and went through the setup in csi/reaper pref and just chose the phone zone . idont know i didnt expect it to work . im just experimenting.
can i use one of those simple layouts that come with touch osc ? do i have to make my own ost and zone for that layout ?
what im interested in is just a simple transport layout on my phone that i can work record play and stop while im away at my instrument recording.
this touch stuff may be a little over my head or maybe its actually easy to setup and im just missing something simple.
any chance someone could offer any help as to how i can get a simple tranport functions layout on my phone and get it to work in csi/reaper ?
or am i restricted to the layouts in csi ?
this is probably alot but thanks in advance to any help
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:02 PM   #11733
RobinGShore

Quote:
New builds are up.

CSI v1_0.zip

reaper_csurf_EuCon.zip

CycleTrackAutoMode is back, and better, it used to work only for SelectedTrack, now it gets context from Navigator.

TrackAutoMode is also improved, it used to work only for SelectedTrack, now it gets context from Navigator.

EuCon users please note that EuConCycleTrackAutoMode, is gone, CycleTrackAutoMode takes its place, so make sure to get the latest EuCon.zon file.
Glad to see that automation modes are back. Is it possible to exclude certain modes from CycleTrackAutoMode, for example having it only cycle through read, touch, and latch and skip the other modes? I remember there was a way to do this in an older version by editing the zon file, but I can't figure it out now.

Also the automation mode display doesn't work if I have global mode set in Reaper. If a global mode is set it overrides the mode indicators on the tracks in the reaper gui, but Eucon still display the individual modes for each track. Is it possible to make the global setting override the display on the controller?
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #11734
cjewellstudios

Here's a simple MST file and Zone for the Midi Fighter twister.

It only utilizes one bank of the MFT, but that's definitely how someone should start. That way the magic can all happen in the zones.

I'm still digging deep into my particular setup though. I'm getting really close to rounding it out to my liking, and I'll also share that when I'm done with it. But for now, this takes the default bank 1 of an MFT and gives you a 4 channel mixer with meters on top.

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 12-29-2021 at 07:18 PM.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #11735
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Here's a simple MST file and Zone for the Midi Fighter twister.

It only utilizes one bank of the MFT, but that's definitely how someone should start. That way the magic can all happen in the zones.

I'm still digging deep into my particular setup though. I'm getting really close to rounding it out to my liking, and I'll also share that when I'm done with it. But for now, this takes the default bank 1 of an MFT and gives you a 4 channel mixer with meters on top.
Thanks for doing that. I think that's probably the best way to go for beginners with that device.

I'll be trying out your encoder acceleration steps. I spent a lot of time today working with acceleration and got close to where I want to be, but it still feels like it ramps up a tiny bit too fast.

In general, today's been all about the MF Twister here. Fixing some stuff in the .mst, playing around with the hardware...I've mapped a bunch of FX, modified my iPad/OSC file to show what's mapped to a shift-encoder if anything, been working on a surface .zon for Reaper actions, then showing those actions on the iPad. I'll share that setup once I'm ready in case you or anyone else has a tablet lying around and like the idea of using it in conjunction with the MFTwister. I'm really pleased with how it's all coming together.

It's not the simple mixing setup that I think a new user would need, but it's taking the MF Twister more into the C4 realm. And what's great is I've got both the hardware and OSC template pointing to the same zone folder since it's completely cross-compatible.

Love CSI!!!
Old 11-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #11736
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Thanks for doing that. I think that's probably the best way to go for beginners with that device.

I'll be trying out your encoder acceleration steps. I spent a lot of time today working with acceleration and got close to where I want to be, but it still feels like it ramps up a tiny bit too fast.

In general, today's been all about the MF Twister here. Fixing some stuff in the .mst, playing around with the hardware...I've mapped a bunch of FX, modified my iPad/OSC file to show what's mapped to a shift-encoder if anything, been working on a surface .zon for Reaper actions, then showing those actions on the iPad. I'll share that setup once I'm ready in case you or anyone else has a tablet lying around and like the idea of using it in conjunction with the MFTwister. I'm really pleased with how it's all coming together.

It's not the simple mixing setup that I think a new user would need, but it's taking the MF Twister more into the C4 realm. And what's great is I've got both the hardware and OSC template pointing to the same zone folder since it's completely cross-compatible.

Love CSI!!!
Shoot.

Acceleration is one thing I forgot to nail down to be honest.

On second thought I don't mind how it is for trackvolume. If you really twist it you can send it down to -inf but you really slight movements are super fine increments.

Yeah I love your setup. I'm getting there as well. I should definitely spend time trying to get my setup to work in configurator to ensure an osc template compatibility.

Do you leave the displayupper/lower stuff in the mft fx zones?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #11737
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Shoot.
Do you leave the displayupper/lower stuff in the mft fx zones?
Yeah, I leave them in and they're rightly ignored. Allows me to use the one zonefolder for both surfaces.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:36 AM   #11738
Freex

Quote:

I'd have to agree with option 2,
I always thought you gave it as an example for us, At the beginning, but have thought it shouldn't be there for some time now.
I'll admit to having over written my ini more than once, in a sleeplake daze.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM   #11739
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Thanks for looking into this.

Nano and X+ were set up like a 9 channel surface concerning Fader Volume, Pan etc.

X+ Sends and FX control of selected track toggled by buttons

Maybe this kind of setup doesnt work anymore since the "Sync Zones Across Surfaces" and "Auto Map Focuse FX" options are gone from the CSI setup menu?
Thanks for providing the extra info and sorry for the delay in getting back to you (gig pressures)

The ToggleFX,ToggleSends and AutoMap functions have been removed and the mapping is now done using MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets and OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Both use GoZone Home to 'unmap'.

A more complicated problem is the lack of 'Sync Zones Across Surfaces'.

As far as I can tell, what you want to do is to press a button on the Nano (which has extra buttons in addition to the usual channel stuff like Select, Solo. Mute etc) and have the Sends map across the Nano and the X+ (which only has channel buttons).

Without ZoneLink to map the Sends on the X+ when pushing a button on the Nano, I'm not sure how you would do this. Geoff?.

Maybe you could assign something like this on the X+:
Code:
Control+Select|  MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
I took a look at your .zon files and cleaned them up a bit:

Nano
Code:
 Zone "Home"
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons"
        "Channel"
        "MasterChannel"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
/   SomeButton              GoZone Home     //You need a GoZone Home button
    Track                   Reaper  "40917"                 // Master MonoStereo
    Send                    MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
    Send                    Reaper  "40293"                 // Send Menu
    Pan                     Reaper  "40293"                 // Send Menu   
    Plugin                  Reaper  "_S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN"      // Fx menu
    EQ                      Reaper  "_S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN"      // Fx menu  
    Instrument              Reaper  "_S&M_SELFXNEXT"        // Next FX      
    Play                    Play
    Stop                    Stop
    Record                  Record
    Rewind                  Rewind
    FastForward             FastForward
/   JogWheelRotaryCW        Reaper "988"    //This action only works with MIDI CC or mousewheel                 
/   JogWheelRotaryCCW       Reaper "977"    //Maybe try 41042 or 41044 instead
/   Zoom+Up                 Reaper "40111"  
/   Zoom+Down               Reaper "40112"	//Zoom isn't a modifier, can't see how this would work?
/   Zoom+Right              Reaper "1012"    //or am I missing something?
/   Zoom+Left               Reaper "1011"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|           TrackPanDisplay
    DisplayLower|           TrackNameDisplay 
    Rotary|                 MCUTrackPan
    RotaryPush|             NoAction
    RecordArm|              TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                   TrackSolo
    Mute|                   TrackMute
    Select|                 TrackUniqueSelect
    Fader|                  TrackVolume
    VUMeter|                TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterChannel"         //How does the MasterChannel function on the Nano?
    MasterTrackNavigator 
    MasterFader             TrackVolume
    VUMeterMaster           TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
    SendNavigator
    DisplayUpper|           TrackSendNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|           TrackSendVolumeDisplay
    Mute|                   TrackSendMute
    Fader|                  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd
X+
Code:
Zone Home
        IncludedZones
            "Channel"
        IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|           TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|           TrackPanDisplay
    Rotary|                 MCUTrackPan
    RotaryPush|             NoAction
    RecordArm|              TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                   TrackSolo
    Mute|                   TrackMute
    Select|                 TrackUniqueSelect
    Control+Select|         TrackUniqueSelect
    Control+Select|         MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
    Fader|                  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
    SendNavigator
    DisplayUpper|           TrackSendNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|           TrackSendVolumeDisplay
    Mute|                   TrackSendMute
    Fader|                  TrackSendVolume
    Rotary|                 TrackSendPan
ZoneEnd
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #11740
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
hey all. o i was trying to get touch osc working on my android phone. dont really know what im doing haha but im trying. i followed the wiki just to see if i could get anything going and it wouldnt download any csi layout from the editor to my phone. kept getting an error unable to reach host or something like that. but i was wondering can i use one of the layouts in the touchosc app ? i brought one up on my phone and went through the setup in csi/reaper pref and just chose the phone zone . idont know i didnt expect it to work . im just experimenting.
can i use one of those simple layouts that come with touch osc ? do i have to make my own ost and zone for that layout ?
what im interested in is just a simple transport layout on my phone that i can work record play and stop while im away at my instrument recording.
this touch stuff may be a little over my head or maybe its actually easy to setup and im just missing something simple.
any chance someone could offer any help as to how i can get a simple tranport functions layout on my phone and get it to work in csi/reaper ?
or am i restricted to the layouts in csi ?
this is probably alot but thanks in advance to any help
I think it's worth trying to get TouchOSC talking to your PC (and vice versa). The setup can be tricky, but it's worth banging your head against the wall for a little until it all comes together IMO.

As to your question about using one of the included TouchOSC templates, don't take my word as gospel on this, but I've looked into this for a few minutes and the challenge seems to be getting the templates off my iPad and onto TouchOSC Editor. For instance, I have "LogicTouch" on my iPad as an installed template. I want to open that up in TouchOSC Editor but can't figure out how to do that, and can't find the template anywhere on the web. The reason you'd want to open up the template is because you'd need to know what the widgets are named (or rather, their address) to create an .ost.

For example: when I created my FXTwister TouchOSC template, under the OSC tab in Editor, I unchecked the box to automatically name controls, and gave each widget an "OSC location name" like:

/DisplayUpperA1
/DisplayLowerA1
/RotaryA1
/RotaryPushA1
/DisplayRotaryPushA1
etc...

And my .ost file looks like this:

Code:
Widget DisplayUpperA1
FB_Processor /DisplayUpperA1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLowerA1
FB_Processor /DisplayLowerA1
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA1
Control /RotaryA1
FB_Processor /RotaryA1
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA1
Control /RotaryPushA1
FB_Processor /RotaryPushA1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayRotaryPushA1
FB_Processor /DisplayRotaryPushA1
WidgetEnd
It was a simple as that! But I needed to know exactly what each widgets "OSC location name" (not sure if that's the right term) was in order to create the .ost file. So the issue with the included templates in the TouchOSC app are: I have no idea what they used for the "OSC location name" for their controls and displays, which is why I'd want to open them up in TouchOSC Editor in order to find that out. If you could do that, creating an .ost for them would be trivial, then you'd just create a .zon like any other CSI device.

So if you can figure out how to download the templates that are included in TouchOSC, what you're looking to do is totally possible. Anyone here know how to go about that or where they can be found online even?
Old 11-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #11741
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post

A more complicated problem is the lack of 'Sync Zones Across Surfaces'.

As far as I can tell, what you want to do is to press a button on the Nano (which has extra buttons in addition to the usual channel stuff like Select, Solo. Mute etc) and have the Sends map across the Nano and the X+ (which only has channel buttons).

Without ZoneLink to map the Sends on the X+ when pushing a button on the Nano, I'm not sure how you would do this. Geoff?.
Oh NO

When did that happen,

I had (at my last test/working-ish setup) the send & plugin buttons on the MCU displaying the sends and FXMenu on the C4.

Tell me this is just a temporary measure?
Old 11-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #11742
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
I had (at my last test/working-ish setup) the send & plugin buttons on the MCU displaying the sends and FXMenu on the C4.
Didn't it just happen automatically when you selected a track?
Old 11-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #11743
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Glad to see that automation modes are back. Is it possible to exclude certain modes from CycleTrackAutoMode, for example having it only cycle through read, touch, and latch and skip the other modes? I remember there was a way to do this in an older version by editing the zon file, but I can't figure it out now.

Also the automation mode display doesn't work if I have global mode set in Reaper. If a global mode is set it overrides the mode indicators on the tracks in the reaper gui, but Eucon still display the individual modes for each track. Is it possible to make the global setting override the display on the controller?
I'm afraid you will have to live with the extra 2 button presses for now, but it will go on the feature request list.

Working on a solution for the global override mode.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #11744
Freex

Quote:
Didn't it just happen automatically when you selected a track?
Tbh it's been a while since I've had time to look at it,

IIRC i had them both mapped to the bottom row, so i could over write any FX,
There may well be a easier way, I'm know for my circular thinking.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #11745
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Oh NO

When did that happen,

Tell me this is just a temporary measure?
Yeah, we might have to bring that one back, thought we had a solution that didn't need that to work, but I'm at loss to remember what it was...
Old 11-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #11746
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yeah, we might have to bring that one back, thought we had a solution that didn't need that to work, but I'm at loss to remember what it was...
Thinking about things linking across surfaces, could we have the FXMenu appear on one surface (the MCU, say) and the result of the GoFXSlot (ie the FX mapping) appear on another (the C4, say)?

It might be good for people that have one surface that has displays, but another that doesn't, onto which the FX would map.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #11747
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thinking about things linking across surfaces, could we have the FXMenu appear on one surface (the MCU, say) and the result of the GoFXSlot (ie the FX mapping) appear on another (the C4, say)?

It might be good for people that have one surface that has displays, but another that doesn't, onto which the FX would map.
Good point, let's think about this a bit, and replace the old one with something even better.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:26 AM   #11748
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed up global automation override a bit, not sure I got all the cases, check it out.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #11749
Funkybot

Geoff, might it be possible to create a "CSI: Refresh Parser" Reaper action in the future? If possible, it would save a lot of clicks when testing out zones.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #11750
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff, might it be possible to create a "CSI: Refresh Parser" Reaper action in the future? If possible, it would save a lot of clicks when testing out zones.
Much easier said than done I'm afraid, but I will try to think of a somewhat clever solution
Old 11-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #11751
RobinGShore

Quote:
Fixed up global automation override a bit, not sure I got all the cases, check it out.
Global automation override is looking good now with the exception of trim/read mode. If global automation is set to trim/read, CSI still displays the individual track modes.

Quote:
I'm afraid you will have to live with the extra 2 button presses for now, but it will go on the feature request list.
Gotcha, I can certainly deal with that, though it's not so much about wanting to save button presses and more about not wanting tracks to go into write mode when they shouldn't. If I hit the automation cycle button during playback my mix can get screwed up if the track switches into write mode even for a brief moment as I'm trying to get to a different mode. Both Pro Tools and Logic leave write mode out of the automation cycle in their Eucon implementations for this reason.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #11752
Funkybot

Quote:
Gotcha, I can certainly deal with that, though it's not so much about wanting to save button presses and more about not wanting tracks to go into write mode when they shouldn't. If I hit the automation cycle button during playback my mix can get screwed up if the track switches into write mode even for a brief moment as I'm trying to get to a different mode. Both Pro Tools and Logic leave write mode out of the automation cycle in their Eucon implementations for this reason.
I'd favor dropping Write from the cycle if it could be more easily done at a CSI code-level than allowing functionality for users to edit the cycle. Easier to explain to people why Write was omitted than to mess with mixes and force a stop and undo.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #11753
norbury brook

Geoff,

I spent 3 hours today trying to get my Euphonix mix controllers to work with reaper.

I went through you instructions on the wiki but to no avail.

I'm on latest windows 10, latest reaper and latest eucon software.

I copied the .dll's into the plugins folder including the eucon one.
I copied the CSI folder to the root.

Start Reaper.
In Reaper go to Options>Preferences (or just Ctrl+P) (a new window will appear).
Scroll down to the bottom and click on Control/OSC/web.
In the window click on "Add" (a new window will open).
Click on the empty dropdown beside "control surface mode" and select Control Surface Integrator - this will now show the settings for CSI. If Control Surface Integrator is not visible, you might have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 runtime 32bit | 64bit and restart Reaper.
There is a default Page ("HomePage") already defined to get you started.

there is no default page here. I tried adding one and then adding eucon

Click "Add Midi", "Add OSC", or "Add EuCon". -- see more detailed instructions for EuCon below.

I then added the eucon entry separately and added the number of channels etc.

hit OK

NOthing

When I opened up the menu there were no settings just the enrty for

control surface integrator
Eucon

these were both empty though when I tried to edit/look at them.

Looking at the csi file there were a lot of entries to do with OSC and mobile phones and one line for eucon at the bottom.

I deleted everything but the Eucon entry buy no go.

??????

M
Old 11-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #11754
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Geoff,

I spent 3 hours today trying to get my Euphonix mix controllers to work with reaper.

I went through you instructions on the wiki but to no avail.

I'm on latest windows 10, latest reaper and latest eucon software.

I copied the .dll's into the plugins folder including the eucon one.
I copied the CSI folder to the root.

Start Reaper.
In Reaper go to Options>Preferences (or just Ctrl+P) (a new window will appear).
Scroll down to the bottom and click on Control/OSC/web.
In the window click on "Add" (a new window will open).
Click on the empty dropdown beside "control surface mode" and select Control Surface Integrator - this will now show the settings for CSI. If Control Surface Integrator is not visible, you might have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 runtime 32bit | 64bit and restart Reaper.
There is a default Page ("HomePage") already defined to get you started.

there is no default page here. I tried adding one and then adding eucon

Click "Add Midi", "Add OSC", or "Add EuCon". -- see more detailed instructions for EuCon below.

I then added the eucon entry separately and added the number of channels etc.

hit OK

NOthing

When I opened up the menu there were no settings just the enrty for

control surface integrator
Eucon

these were both empty though when I tried to edit/look at them.

Looking at the csi file there were a lot of entries to do with OSC and mobile phones and one line for eucon at the bottom.

I deleted everything but the Eucon entry buy no go.

??????

M
Now...

1. Go back to Reaper's Preferences -> Control/OSC/Web
2. Click Add
3. From the window that appears, click Eucon
4. Click Ok to save

Eucon requires:

1. CSI be installed and configured in Control/OSC/Web (you did that)
2. You add a Eucon device in CSI (you did that)
3. You then add Eucon in Control/OSC/Web (this is the piece I think you were missing)

Here you can see I've setup CSI and added the Eucon device in CSI...

And after you've done that, the last piece is adding Eucon in Control/OSC/Web as shown here...
Old 11-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #11755
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Global automation override is looking good now with the exception of trim/read mode. If global automation is set to trim/read, CSI still displays the individual track modes.

Ok, will check out global automation in trim/read, had a feeling I didn't get them all

Good point on the Write mode, I will remove it from cycling.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #11756
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I'd favor dropping Write from the cycle if it could be more easily done at a CSI code-level than allowing functionality for users to edit the cycle. Easier to explain to people why Write was omitted than to mess with mixes and force a stop and undo.
Agree with you and Robin, will remove Write from cycling.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #11757
Geoff Waddington

New build is up

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed bug in global automation.

Cycle automation now skips Write.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #11758
paat

I am thinking of getting a single fader surface. The main thing I want to do is use the fader to touch write the last selected / currently armed envelope. Is that a job for CSI or is that sort of thing directly supported by Reaper? I haven’t found it yet but figure you all might know.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #11759
MixMonkey

Small featurette request

Could
Code:
SomeDisplay  FocusedFXParamNameDisplay
...display the alias name (if there is one) instead of the internal VST parameter name?
Old 11-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #11760
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Small featurette request

Could
Code:
SomeDisplay  FocusedFXParamNameDisplay
...display the alias name (if there is one) instead of the internal VST parameter name?
Where would it go to find it, there is no associated Zone within which to look

Unless I'm missing something and it is way past my bedtime