Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 11-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
StefanMax
Human being with feelings

Default Yet another theme path question, sorry (PC)

From inside REAPER using the Options/Show_Reaper_Resources_Path Menu I get this:

C:\Program Files\REAPER\ColorThemes

I thought this has been changed? Here I find
Default_3.0.ReaperThemeZip and
Default_4.0.ReaperThemeZip, nothing else.

I do have also <user>/AppData/Roaming/Reaper/ColorThemes

But this folder is empty.

EDIT:

Something is seriously wrong with my installation. Removed Reaper entirely from my Computer, deleted each and every Reaper File/Folder in C:Program Files as well as in AppData. Deleted all entries in the Registry. Reinstalled Reaper and not only my custom menus where back also all the installed Themes where back in the list, Reaper is automatically registered again, the recent files are in the menu...

What?????

Where are all the themes I have installed by double clicking? They are in neither location. So how to remove them?

Last edited by StefanMax; 11-09-2014 at 09:00 AM.
StefanMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
StefanMax
Human being with feelings

Default Solved....

What happened:

I'm not a programmer but as far as I can understand does reaper use symbolic links* to redirect to AppData/Roaming/Reaper. Something went wrong with these links.

So after de-installing Reaper, although absolutely invisible to the OS, the Explorer or even the "dir" command, the C:/Program Files/Reaper folder and it's contained links were never really removed, only made absolutely invisible.

I found out by chance, when trying to save a Reaper configuration file. In the appearing file selector box, I suddenly could see and eventually erase the invisible files and folders (or links?).

After a lot erasing, installing, de-installing again, renaming of folders and so forth I ended up with a valid Reaper installation again. When I try out a theme now, it is correctly stored in AppData/Roaming/Reaper.

What a weird problem and what a weird way to spend a Sunday afternoon....

*Don't know if they are called so in Windows, in Linux they are. It's the same mechanism that is used to redirect calls of older programs looking for "Documents and Settings" to the new place where this stuff is stored: AppData/Roaming.

Last edited by StefanMax; 11-09-2014 at 09:01 AM.
StefanMax is offline   Reply With Quote