Old 02-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Default Zeroline Default Position

Not sure this is actually theming question, but I've spent the day figuring out this WALTER business through research and brute force and there's just one thing I haven't been able to figure out:

Is it possible to change the default zeroline position? For track width in particular, I have no idea why it should default to mono when double clicking. I'd just like it to default to full stereo width.

Can this be done with theming or not?

Last edited by foxAsteria; 02-21-2015 at 10:48 PM.
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Possible? Not possible?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
cubic13

Not sure that I'm getting what you are looking for. Here, double-clicking on the fader puts the level at 0 dB and double-clicking on the width control centers its value : no mono change of any kind...

In my view, the main problem with the zeroline is that it is only customizable for its color, AFAIK, and by a fixed value that appears in the rtconfig.txt header as a tcp/mcp_vol_zeroline command.

But again, I don't see the relation between the default zeroline position and the width value...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #4
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
double-clicking on the width control centers its value : no mono change of any kind...
the center point (0 width) of the width control is mono. +100 is normal stereo and -100 is reverse stereo. drag a stereo mp3 onto a track and you'll see what i mean. a default track has the fader at 0 and width at 100 so i'm not sure why double clicking it should change it's starting value. i certainly don't ever want it to do that. i'd like double clicking it to reset to full stereo width.

i'm only asking here because i saw that i could change the color in rtconfig and it made me think i would be able to move it's default position as well.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
the center point (0 width) of the width control is mono. +100 is normal stereo and -100 is reverse stereo. drag a stereo mp3 onto a track and you'll see what i mean. a default track has the fader at 0 and width at 100 so i'm not sure why double clicking it should change it's starting value. i certainly don't ever want it to do that. i'd like double clicking it to reset to full stereo width.
OK, now I see it. Indeed, it's not logical. And I just looked in the actions list and there doesn't seem to be an action that could allow to set the width control to 100W via a mouse modifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
i'm only asking here because i saw that i could change the color in rtconfig and it made me think i would be able to move it's default position as well.
AFAIK, the only way to change its default position is to use a 'preferences' option : preferences>Appearance>Track controls panel>Volume fader range. Setting it to +12dB instead of +6, i.e., makes that the zeroline is going down a little, as the whole fader range is increased.

Last edited by cubic13; 02-23-2015 at 12:59 AM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #6
foxAsteria

i'm assuming the width control just borrowed some defaults from the pan knob when it was introduced. it makes sense for pan. but the wet/dry knob for fx defaults to 100% when double clicked, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't. i'm thinking maybe this needs to be a feature request. doesn't seem to be bothering anyone else though, so we'll see how that goes.