Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #10361
pwallin
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Are you using the CSI build I included with the files?
Ah, I just copied mst and zone files. Thanks, I do it properly again and hope it helps...
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:11 PM   #10362
pwallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I had the same issue with my QCon Pro G2 unit. That is why you have to make a button that brings you back to HOME Zone.
Kind of emergency button.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:10 AM   #10363
pwallin

Default Can CSI fix fader jitter?

My X-touch has jitter/rattle depending how fast fader moves with automaation. Can CSI fix it?
Old 10-01-2020, 12:17 AM   #10364
Pompeysie

Oh boy, I have been away for several weeks and it looks like things have moved on. I have several questions.

Is the new version released? Is it stable?
How do I use it? Should I delete old versions and start afresh?

If it is released, maybe Geoff could edit the first post of the first page of this thread with updated information.

Apologies if I have come to the wrong conclusion.

All the best
Simon
Pompeysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:33 AM   #10365
pwallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeysie View Post
Oh boy, I have been away for several weeks and it looks like things have moved on. I have several questions.

Is the new version released? Is it stable?
How do I use it? Should I delete old versions and start afresh?

If it is released, maybe Geoff could edit the first post of the first page of this thread with updated information.

Apologies if I have come to the wrong conclusion.

All the best
Simon
Geoff has released it as a open source at GitHub.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:47 AM   #10366
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwallin View Post
My X-touch has jitter/rattle depending how fast fader moves with automaation. Can CSI fix it?
I think this may have something to do with the fader resolution on the XTouch (supposedly only 7 bit) and the fact that it doesn’t interpolate between values.
If you have time, use a MIDI Monitor app and look at the raw fader data see if it is 0 - 127. If it is we can change the fader definition in CSI and see if that helps.

Did you try the different build to see if it cured the ‘return to home’ issue?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #10367
pwallin

Quote:
I think this may have something to do with the fader resolution on the XTouch (supposedly only 7 bit) and the fact that it doesn’t interpolate between values.
If you have time, use a MIDI Monitor app and look at the raw fader data see if it is 0 - 127. If it is we can change the fader definition in CSI and see if that helps.

I will try that. I found a program called "Mackie FaderFixer" that claims to fix this issue with Studio One and Reaper. I have not yet tried it, so can't be sure if it really works. Before installing it I will do what you suggest with MIDI Monitor.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:30 PM   #10368
mschnell

Quote:
I think this may have something to do with the fader resolution on the XTouch (supposedly only 7 bit)
Which XTouch ?

I verified that the XTouch "Compact" indeed only provides 7 Bit resolution.

I always had the impression that the pure MC variants ( "USB", "Extender" and "One") provide more (11 ?) bits, but this seemingly never has been tested.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-01-2020 at 10:31 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #10369
Seamus05

Quote:
Are you using the CSI build I included with the files?
I've been in a situation similar to pwallin for a while now, except with a XTouch Compact. Thanks to following MixMonkey's instructions and using the build he posted, I think I'm on the right track now. I do have a few questions though.

All the basic functionality works except the Rotary Push when coming back to Pan from Pan Width. When I'm panning and push the encoder it switches to Pan Width as intended but when I push again to return to Pan it stays on Pan Width. I looked at the .zon file and the GoZone to return to Pan| was labeled as Pan. I added the "|" but that just stopped Pan functionality all together. The zone build seems the same as others I've tried that worked. Not sure what is different here.

The Sends seem to working as intended. Can they be soloed on the selected track the same way they are muted? I tried adding the Solo| widget but I just ended up soloing the track instead of the sends. This isn't essential just curious.

Once I got things rolling, I started making my own maps with varying degrees of success. I altered the ReaEQ map a bit to include the Q parameter for each frequency. I tried to map JS: ReEQ but all the faders and encoders behaved strangely and I couldn't figure it out. Has anyone else mapped this plug in?

I also started mapping some Native Instruments effects but had trouble with the encoders. The faders all seem to map as expected while the rotaries all move in 0.1 increments which makes them difficult to work with. The rotaries worked fine in the ReaEQ .zon. I'm wondering if there is a way to control the increment value.

Buttons are also giving me some trouble. I tried mapping TrackArm buttons to switches in the plugins but they would not stay pressed. In the home zone TrackArm buttons stay lit until pressed again. Do they need to be altered in FX Zones?

Final question. I've seen a few Youtube videos posted by people on this forum where tracks/effects are opened, selected, and brought into focus by selecting them on the surface. I think I've also seen mixer track selection follow the BankLeft/Right and ChannelLeft/Right encoders. I haven't been able to get this functionality. Is this a setting in Reaper,an Action, or mapping in CSI? Now that I think about it... Is it possible to map a combination of these things to a button?

Sorry for the long post. I've been trying to figure this out for a few months now and I'm finally starting to get things rolling. I'm excited to get everything dialed in. Thanks again for all the helpful posts already here.
Seamus05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #10370
Navelpluisje

Default No Extender display info send from sends

I'm working on making the effects and send show up and do what I want them to do for my Scribble-D project. My Idea was to create a widget `DisplayZone` which uses the FB_MCUXTDisplayUpper, which then can be used to send the zone type of the displays. This will be used to change the type of display layouts.

This all works fine for the `channel` and the `effects`. But when I use this in the sends zone, it is not send to the device. Checked this with MidiMonitor.
The zone looks like:
Code:
Zone "Send|1-8"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  DisplayUpper|     TrackSendNameDisplay
  DisplayLower|     TrackNameDisplay
  DisplayZone       FixedTextDisplay "Sends"

Rotary|           TrackSendPan
  RotaryPush|       Reaper "40293"   // View routing and I/O
  Mute|             TrackSendMute
  Fader|            TrackSendVolume
  TrackTouch+Fader| TrackSendVolume
  FaderTouch|       TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
The widget looks like:
Code:
// Abusing some MCUXT displays for the Scribble-D
Widget DisplayZone
  FB_MCUXTDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd
Am I overssing something, or is it working as intended and do I have to figure out another way for this?
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #10371
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus05 View Post

All the basic functionality works except the Rotary Push when coming back to Pan from Pan Width. When I'm panning and push the encoder it switches to Pan Width as intended but when I push again to return to Pan it stays on Pan Width. I looked at the .zon file and the GoZone to return to Pan| was labeled as Pan. I added the "|" but that just stopped Pan functionality all together. The zone build seems the same as others I've tried that worked. Not sure what is different here.
Sorry, my bad. You're absolutely right to replace the missing |. And that would have been enough if I hadn't left out the acceleration definition in Zone Pan|1-8. It should look like this:
Code:
Zone "Pan|1-8"
    TrackNavigator
    Rotary|                             TrackPan "0" [ (0.005,0.005,0.01,0.02,0.02,0.02,0.04,0.04,0.04,0.06,0.08,0.1,0.1,0.1,0.1) ]
    DisplayLower|                       TrackPanDisplay
    TrackTouch+DisplayLower|            TrackVolumeDisplay
    FaderTouch|                         TrackTouch
    RotaryPush|                         GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd
Quote:
The Sends seem to working as intended. Can they be soloed on the selected track the same way they are muted? I tried adding the Solo| widget but I just ended up soloing the track instead of the sends. This isn't essential just curious.
We don't have send solo at the moment afaik. Not sure about SendPan- someone should try it
Quote:
Once I got things rolling, I started making my own maps with varying degrees of success. I altered the ReaEQ map a bit to include the Q parameter for each frequency. I tried to map JS: ReEQ but all the faders and encoders behaved strangely and I couldn't figure it out. Has anyone else mapped this plug in?
JS plugins are currently not supported, sorry.
Quote:
I also started mapping some Native Instruments effects but had trouble with the encoders. The faders all seem to map as expected while the rotaries all move in 0.1 increments which makes them difficult to work with. The rotaries worked fine in the ReaEQ .zon. I'm wondering if there is a way to control the increment value.
You need an acceleration definition. Look at the ReaEQ.zon I included (or Pan, above) You didn't mention if you were also using an XTouch. If you are, we could really do with someone confirming the values sent by the encoder as it is turned faster and slower. At the moment the XTouch.mst assumes Mackie MCU values.
Quote:
Buttons are also giving me some trouble. I tried mapping TrackArm buttons to switches in the plugins but they would not stay pressed. In the home zone TrackArm buttons stay lit until pressed again. Do they need to be altered in FX Zones?
Try something like:
Code:
Toggle+RecordArm3     FXParam 5
Also, don't be tempted to use the | shorthand in FX zones.
Quote:
Final question. I've seen a few Youtube videos posted by people on this forum where tracks/effects are opened, selected, and brought into focus by selecting them on the surface.
Try this for the FXMenu Zone:
Code:
Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
        SelectedTrackNavigator
        DisplayUpperD|                  FXNameDisplay |
        DisplayLowerD|                  NoAction
        RotaryD|                        NoAction
        RotaryPushD|                    GoFXSlot |
        RotaryPushD|                    Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX1"
        Shift+RotaryPushD|              Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|"            //Bypass FX Slot
        Option+RotaryPushD|             Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|"            //Offline FX slot
ZoneEnd
Note the double assignment to RotaryPushD|. The first selects the FX slot, the second opens the relevant FX window. Shift and Option modifiers Bypass and Offline the plugin respectively.

Quote:
I think I've also seen mixer track selection follow the BankLeft/Right and ChannelLeft/Right encoders. I haven't been able to get this functionality. Is this a setting in Reaper,an Action, or mapping in CSI?
To move forward/back through the tracks, you could assign:
Code:
ChannelRight  Reaper "40285"
ChannelLeft   Reaper "40286"
As these buttons are already assigned to TrackBank, maybe use Up and Down instead? Whatever you like

Quote:
Now that I think about it... Is it possible to map a combination of these things to a button?
Yes, see above with RotaryPush, same for any other button.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #10372
MixMonkey

XTouch files moved to Stash:

https://stash.reaper.fm/40419/XTouch.zip
Old 10-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #10373
Seamus05

Quote:
XTouch files moved to Stash:

https://stash.reaper.fm/40419/XTouch.zip
Wow. Thanks for the quick response. I'll check it out now.
Seamus05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:35 PM   #10374
mschnell

Quote:
XTouch files moved to Stash
It would be nice to specify which XTouch (es):

"Mini", "Compact", "One", "Extender", "USB", ...

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-02-2020 at 03:40 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:01 AM   #10375
WaveTrans

Quote:

Hi, I have a Platform Nano X+ with 10bit Faders.
Midi Monitor output is 0-127(7F) for Full fader path.

I experience frequent fader jitter but can´t find anything about fader definition and it´s adjustment on Malcolm´s/Geoffs pages.

Could you please show me how to adjust the fader definition?
(Or say so if this doesn´t make sense for 10 bit faders)

Cheers, WT
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #10376
airon

I‘ve been using the 5.5.2020 version for a while now.

How‘s the rewrite coming along ?

Got a few weeks off and can test stuff on my portable installation.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:41 AM   #10377
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
It would be nice to specify which XTouch (es):

"Mini", "Compact", "One", "Extender", "USB", ...

-Michael
Actually the largest model in the range is called simply "XTouch"

See:https://www.behringer.com/catalog.ht...t=salesRevenue
Old 10-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #10378
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Hi, I have a Platform Nano X+ with 10bit Faders.
Midi Monitor output is 0-127(7F) for Full fader path.

I experience frequent fader jitter but can´t find anything about fader definition and it´s adjustment on Malcolm´s/Geoffs pages.

Could you please show me how to adjust the fader definition?
(Or say so if this doesn´t make sense for 10 bit faders)

Cheers, WT
If the output is 0-7F, that is 7 bit resolution. Is this in the user mapping mode? If it is, try switching to MCP mode and see if the resolution changes ie you see more steps.

When I was talking about the adjusting the Fader definition, it was actually about reducing it from Fader14Bit to Fader7Bit to better match the fader, but afterwards I realised this was probably a bit daft because if it wasn't outputting the MIDI pitchbend controller it wouldn't work with the .mst and it does.

I think some of the manufacturers may be being a bit disingenuous here. In order to work with the Mackie protocol, the fader has to output pitchbend data, with one MIDI channel per fader.

In theory, this should produce 2^14 values or 16384. The Mackie protocol uses 10 of the 14 bits to produce 1024 discrete steps. Some surface manufacturers drop the 7 least significant bits to give 7Bit with 127 disctete steps (the Behringer BCF/BCR2000 does this) This allows them to output the pitchbend message needed to comply with the Mackie protocol but only provide 7 bits of resolution. Why do this? Well, it's cheaper and it also means that the fader outputs 7bit data, which is more software compatible when used in non-Mackie protocol modes.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:41 AM   #10379
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelpluisje View Post
I'm working on making the effects and send show up and do what I want them to do for my Scribble-D project. My Idea was to create a widget `DisplayZone` which uses the FB_MCUXTDisplayUpper, which then can be used to send the zone type of the displays. This will be used to change the type of display layouts.

This all works fine for the `channel` and the `effects`. But when I use this in the sends zone, it is not send to the device. Checked this with MidiMonitor.
The zone looks like:
Code:
Zone "Send|1-8"
  SelectedTrackNavigator

ZoneEnd
The widget looks like:
Code:
Widget DisplayZone
  FB_MCUXTDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd
Am I overssing something, or is it working as intended and do I have to figure out another way for this?
Not sure why it would work in Channel and FX, but not Sends. Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #10380
Navelpluisje

Quote:

The zone looks like:
Code:
Zone "Send|1-8"
  SelectedTrackNavigator

ZoneEnd
The widget looks like:
Code:
Widget DisplayZone
  FB_MCUXTDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd
Did also a test with:
Code:
Widget DisplayZone
  FB_C4DisplayUpper 0 0
WidgetEnd
This has the same result. It works for channels and effects, but still not for sends. Midimonitor does show the data, but it only contains spaces:
Code:
F0 00 00 66 17 30 00 20  20 20 20 20 20 20 F7
Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #10381
MixMonkey

Quote:
Did also a test with:
Code:
Widget DisplayZone
  FB_C4DisplayUpper 0 0
WidgetEnd
This has the same result. It works for channels and effects, but still not for sends. Midimonitor does show the data, but it only contains spaces:
Code:
F0 00 00 66 17 30 00 20  20 20 20 20 20 20 F7
What does the rest of your .zon file look like? The one that also contains Channel and FX.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #10382
Navelpluisje

Quote:
What does the rest of your .zon file look like? The one that also contains Channel and FX.
The effects look like
Code:
Zone "FXMenu|1-1"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  DisplayZone     FixedTextDisplay "Effects"
  DisplayUpper1   FXNameDisplay "1"
  DisplayUpper2   FXNameDisplay "2"
  DisplayUpper3   FXNameDisplay "3"
  DisplayUpper4   FXNameDisplay "4"
  DisplayUpper5   FXNameDisplay "5"
  DisplayUpper6   FXNameDisplay "6"
  DisplayUpper7   FXNameDisplay "7"
  DisplayUpper8   FXNameDisplay "8"
  DisplayLower1   NoAction
  DisplayLower2   NoAction
  DisplayLower3   NoAction
  DisplayLower4   NoAction
  DisplayLower5   NoAction
  DisplayLower6   NoAction
  DisplayLower7   NoAction
  DisplayLower8   NoAction

/ Bypass the effects
  Mute1           Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP1"
  Mute2           Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP2"
And the channel like
Code:
Zone "Channel|"
  TrackNavigator
  Option Option
  DisplayZone         FixedTextDisplay "Channel"
  DisplayUpper|       TrackNameDisplay
  DisplayLower|       TrackPanDisplay
  TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
  Option+DisplayLower| 	TrackCycle

RotaryPush|         GoZone PanWidth|
  Rotary|             TrackPan "0"
Full code can be found here: https://github.com/navelpluisje/reap...bble-d-support

Last edited by Navelpluisje; 10-02-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added repo url
Old 10-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #10383
MixMonkey

Quote:
The effects look like
Code:
Zone "FXMenu|1-1"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  DisplayZone     FixedTextDisplay "Effects"
  DisplayUpper1   FXNameDisplay "1"
  DisplayUpper2   FXNameDisplay "2"
  DisplayUpper3   FXNameDisplay "3"
  DisplayUpper4   FXNameDisplay "4"
  DisplayUpper5   FXNameDisplay "5"
  DisplayUpper6   FXNameDisplay "6"
  DisplayUpper7   FXNameDisplay "7"
  DisplayUpper8   FXNameDisplay "8"
  DisplayLower1   NoAction
  DisplayLower2   NoAction
  DisplayLower3   NoAction
  DisplayLower4   NoAction
  DisplayLower5   NoAction
  DisplayLower6   NoAction
  DisplayLower7   NoAction
  DisplayLower8   NoAction

/ Bypass the effects
  Mute1           Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP1"
  Mute2           Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP2"
And the channel like
Code:
Zone "Channel|"
  TrackNavigator
  Option Option
  DisplayZone         FixedTextDisplay "Channel"
  DisplayUpper|       TrackNameDisplay
  DisplayLower|       TrackPanDisplay
  TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
  Option+DisplayLower| 	TrackCycle

RotaryPush|         GoZone PanWidth|
  Rotary|             TrackPan "0"
Full code can be found here: https://github.com/navelpluisje/reap...bble-d-support
Is there a BCF2000.zon that you can post in full?
Old 10-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #10384
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Is there a BCF2000.zon that you can post in full?
I think I figured it out. it has to do with:
Code:
Zone "Send|1-8"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  DisplayZone|      FixedTextDisplay "Sends"
Because of the range after `Send` you're not able to use a display like `DisplayZone1` or just `DisplayZone`. When adding the pipe-character and naming the widget to `DisplayZone1` it is working.

I'm not 100% sure if this is intended this way, but for now I can deal with it.

Thanx MixMonkey for diving into it. Btw, I added a link to the repo with all the files.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #10385
andyp24

Ok I'm taking the plunge.

After months (years) of following this and wondering about what controllers to use, I'm going for the X Touch and Console 1...

Was tempted by the QCon G2... until I measured my workdesk and realised it wasn't big enough for that unit!

Anyway, when it all arrives and I have time to explore CSI, expect a load of dumb questions. My ambitions are not huge at first... just fader control from the X Touch and mapping some of my common VSTs to the Console 1.

Wish me luck!
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #10386
cjewellstudios

Quote:

JS plugins are currently not supported.

Actually I was in the middle of mapping JS: ReEQ when I stopped mapping stuff a while back. I only stopped because I didnt want to go back and change everything once the new version of csi is released.

When Geoff introduced the ability to define the range of a parameter, that's what gave us the ability to map js plugins. For instance, if the gain parameter of reeq has a range is of +12 to -12, then you just define that in the fx zone.

It works great except for one thing, the feedback on the led doesnt show the correct position of that parameter per se.

CSI just doesnt interpolate the feedback and it's not expecting anything other than a range of 0 to 1. So moving that parameter from -12 to +12 would result in that led going from 0 to 1 a total of 24 times. If that makes sense.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #10387
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Actually I was in the middle of mapping JS: ReEQ when I stopped mapping stuff a while back. I only stopped because I didnt want to go back and change everything once the new version of csi is released.

When Geoff introduced the ability to define the range of a parameter, that's what gave us the ability to map js plugins. For instance, if the gain parameter of reeq has a range is of +12 to -12, then you just define that in the fx zone.

It works great except for one thing, the feedback on the led doesnt show the correct position of that parameter per se.

CSI just doesnt interpolate the feedback and it's not expecting anything other than a range of 0 to 1. So moving that parameter from -12 to +12 would result in that led going from 0 to 1 a total of 24 times. If that makes sense.
I stand corrected Do you have an example you can post?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #10388
Cragster

Hey all quick question

Im just wondering whats the difference between

Code:
Rotary1
etc...[ > 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 4a 4b 4c ]
or
Code:
Rotary1
  etc...[ > 01-0c < 41-4c ]
Are these both kinda the same ?

i can get all the above codes in midi ox when i turn my encoder in midi ox at different speeds. not in any particular order though . they jump around. but no missing numbers or letters. So which one should i be using ? i read the wiki and its not computing in my brain haha. i tried both they both seem to work. ive been experimenting with some acceleration and tick sizes in a few of my plugins trying to get it how i like. that part i understand and love BTW. but i was trying to figure out and understand which of those mst rotary syntax i should be using. thanks all
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #10389
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Ok I'm taking the plunge.

After months (years) of following this and wondering about what controllers to use, I'm going for the X Touch and Console 1...

Was tempted by the QCon G2... until I measured my workdesk and realised it wasn't big enough for that unit!

Anyway, when it all arrives and I have time to explore CSI, expect a load of dumb questions. My ambitions are not huge at first... just fader control from the X Touch and mapping some of my common VSTs to the Console 1.

Wish me luck!
Good luck

The XTouch is currently under discussion (see @pwallin and possibly @Seamus05 (with an XTouch Compact) so feel free to ask away
Old 10-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #10390
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hey all quick question

Im just wondering whats the difference between

Code:
Rotary1
etc...[ > 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 4a 4b 4c ]
or
Code:
Rotary1
  etc...[ > 01-0c < 41-4c ]
Are these both kinda the same ?
They are the same but in the second one it's implicit that all the values will be present.

For example, a C4 rotary only has 4 values in each direction and they aren't contiguous, so the first form has to be used and all the values listed:
Code:
Widget RotaryB8
	Encoder b0 0f 7f [ > 01 04 08 0C 0f < 41 44 48 4c 4f ]
	FB_Encoder b0 0f 7f
WidgetEnd
Old 10-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #10391
Cragster

Quote:
They are the same but in the second one it's implicit that all the values will be present.

For example, a C4 rotary only has 4 values in each direction and they aren't contiguous, so the first form has to be used and all the values listed:
Code:
Widget RotaryB8
	Encoder b0 0f 7f [ > 01 04 08 0C 0f < 41 44 48 4c 4f ]
	FB_Encoder b0 0f 7f
WidgetEnd
Hey thank you for that info. i think i got it now. i could use either one.i was just asking for the correct knowledge. ive been using it for a while and im just someone that is bothered by not understanding why something or just using something because thats what someone told me to use. I gotta know the why and what or it bugs me. So thank you very much.
Oh and i also did want to make sure i was using the right one lol
Thanks again

hey Mixmonkey. while i got you... have you ever changed out a rotary encoder on one of your surfaces ?? is it hard to do ? i have a bad rotary on my ProX.( been starting to have a few issues with this thing). thanks
Old 10-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #10392
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I stand corrected Do you have an example you can post?
Basically I was just testing to see if it could be done. In hindsight I should have just finished it as I could have been using it this entire time. With the acceleration in there it is quite literally a dream come true. I'll get to it soon.

But here's what the fx zone for ReEQ looks like:

Code:
Zone "JS: ReEQ"
FocusedFXNavigator
Rotary10 	FXParam 27 "Filter2 Frequency"	[ 0.0>100.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ] 
Rotary2 	FXParam 28 "Filter2 Gain"    	        [ -18.0>18.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ]
Rotary18 	FXParam 29 "Filter2 Q"			[ 0.0>100.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ]
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #10393
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
hey Mixmonkey. while i got you... have you ever changed out a rotary encoder on one of your surfaces ?? is it hard to do ? i have a bad rotary on my ProX.( been starting to have a few issues with this thing). thanks
Nope, sorry, I haven't.

How difficult it would be would probably depend on whether it was a part specially made for the unit. Fixing modern gear is a PITA btw
Old 10-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #10394
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Basically I was just testing to see if it could be done. In hindsight I should have just finished it as I could have been using it this entire time. With the acceleration in there it is quite literally a dream come true. I'll get to it soon.

But here's what the fx zone for ReEQ looks like:

Code:
Zone "JS: ReEQ"
FocusedFXNavigator
Rotary10 	FXParam 27 "Filter2 Frequency"	[ 0.0>100.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ] 
Rotary2 	FXParam 28 "Filter2 Gain"    	        [ -18.0>18.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ]
Rotary18 	FXParam 29 "Filter2 Q"			[ 0.0>100.0 (0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.8) ]
Excellent stuff! I didn't realise you could use the bounds statement like that.

The acceleration Geoff's built makes it possible to get a really great feel on controls now.

I guess to finish it off for the JS plugins, we need to be able to set equivalent bounds for the FB_Encoder statement.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:37 PM   #10395
Cragster

Quote:
Nope, sorry, I haven't.

How difficult it would be would probably depend on whether it was a part specially made for the unit. Fixing modern gear is a PITA btw
Thank you. I may hafta give it a try soon
Old 10-02-2020, 11:47 PM   #10396
pwallin

Quote:

Sorry for late reply, I am very busy at work and for testing I need to everytime take my controller to a different room, where my test machine is.

I checked with MidiOX and looked midi Raw data. On "data1" it gives value 00 to 7C when fader is moved from infinite to a full +10 db. I am total noob with these code things so I may look at wrong things. I googled some info, so I may be correct too.

I will try different build for CSI, but it may take time, since I have lot to digest with this thing. Not really sure what different build really is and how to try it. Do I have to delete all previous CSI files to try the new one?
Old 10-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #10397
pwallin

Quote:
Actually the largest model in the range is called simply "XTouch"

See:https://www.behringer.com/catalog.ht...t=salesRevenue
That is correct. I use that model.

-Pasi
Old 10-03-2020, 04:05 AM   #10398
kevrose

Quote:
No, that's correct. It means that when you push RotaryD to select the FXSlot, the appropriate FX opens in the FXChain window. Note that there's no space before the | after _S&M_SHOWFXCHAIN.

See if you can get the plugin window to open with Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX|" I'm not sure if the FXChain window opening is dependent on Reaper prefs being set correctly.
I've been through the Plugins settings but I still can't get this to work. Is there something else I should be looking for?
kevrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:37 AM   #10399
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrose View Post
I've been through the Plugins settings but I still can't get this to work. Is there something else I should be looking for?
Post your XTouch.zon file and we'll see if we can figure it out
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #10400
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwallin View Post
Sorry for late reply, I am very busy at work and for testing I need to everytime take my controller to a different room, where my test machine is.

I checked with MidiOX and looked midi Raw data. On "data1" it gives value 00 to 7C when fader is moved from infinite to a full +10 db. I am total noob with these code things so I may look at wrong things. I googled some info, so I may be correct too.
00-7C would indicate 7Bit values (actual max value should be 7F, but close enough) This is a pitch bend message, yes? (is the first part of the message in the form Ex?)

Is your jittery fader problem anything like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFwmEwhUHo

If so, it may be worth trying his solution.
Quote:
I will try different build for CSI, but it may take time, since I have lot to digest with this thing. Not really sure what different build really is and how to try it. Do I have to delete all previous CSI files to try the new one?
All you have to do is replace the CSI.dll file in AppData/Roaming/Reaper/UserPlugins.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 10-03-2020 at 04:48 PM. Reason: corrected AppData path