Old 10-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
noahcopeland44
Human being with feelings

Default Streamlined Kontakt Routing (MultiOut)

Hi,

I've been using the multi-out routing templates for Kontakt in Reaper that have been posted on these forums (and in YouTube tutorials) for years, but I've been frustrated by how clunky it is. A separate audio track for every midi track? It gets to be a mess!

If this has been posted before, I sure couldn't find it, so forgive me if it was, but I figured out an easy template for Kontakt 8 outs. It's streamlined and simple. Each Kontakt instrument now has its own track, so you can program your midi notes and process/automate the output of each instrument in one place.

So if anyone else is using Kontakt a lot in their workflow and is wanting to save on CPU power (instead of running an instance of Kontakt on every track), I'm sharing a template with you that I hope comes in handy.

NOTE: You need to allow feedback routing in Reaper for this to work (File > Project Settings > Advanced). Reaper has it off by default, but just don't route anything into itself and you won't have to worry about it.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp KONTAKT 8 TRACKS.rpp (14.5 KB, 207 views)
noahcopeland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:20 AM   #2
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcopeland44 View Post
Hi,

I've been using the multi-out routing templates for Kontakt in Reaper that have been posted on these forums (and in YouTube tutorials) for years, but I've been frustrated by how clunky it is. A separate audio track for every midi track? It gets to be a mess!

If this has been posted before, I sure couldn't find it, so forgive me if it was, but I figured out an easy template for Kontakt 8 outs. It's streamlined and simple. Each Kontakt instrument now has its own track, so you can program your midi notes and process/automate the output of each instrument in one place.

So if anyone else is using Kontakt a lot in their workflow and is wanting to save on CPU power (instead of running an instance of Kontakt on every track), I'm sharing a template with you that I hope comes in handy.

NOTE: You need to allow feedback routing in Reaper for this to work (File > Project Settings > Advanced). Reaper has it off by default, but just don't route anything into itself and you won't have to worry about it.

Nice job, I don't see how you make it with the routing but it works well. Thank you
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
ivansc

Excellent! Also easy to figure out without a ton of documentation to wade through.
This could really open things up in terms of multis in Kontakt for me.