Old 08-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
bachstudies
Human being with feelings

Location: No longer using REAPER and no longer active in the forums.
Default DDP player script for Linux

Hi All,

For anybody needing a convenient way to play a DDP file either in its entirety or beginning at a particular track number, attached is my script that uses at its core the Sox play syntax suggested by Andreas Ruge (author of DDP mastering tools). As per the README, you need both these tools (http://ddp.andreasruge.de/) and Sox installed. In the coming days I hope to be able to test this for MacOS and also convert for Windows users.

Obviously, you will need to install this script in somewhere like /usr/local/bin if you want it available wherever you open your terminal... (at risk of teaching Grandmother to suck eggs etc)
Attached Files
File Type: zip playddp.zip (757 Bytes, 197 views)

Last edited by bachstudies; 08-09-2019 at 11:49 PM.
bachstudies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
bachstudies

Are Linux Reaper folks interested in a graphical DDP player? I have begun developing something but if people are not making CDs any longer I'm wondering whether it might be a wasted effort?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
akademie

Hi bachstudies,
I think it would be fine to have GUI for that your DDP player script for Linux. I will also have to try the script itself yet.
I am trying to convert to Linux from Windows for audio work and so it is always welcome to have such tools in arsenal.

And thank you for your support :-)
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #4
bachstudies

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
I think it would be fine to have GUI for that your DDP player script for Linux.
Actually, this would be something more involved...not simply a GUI for the script. It would have a wave view, play, pause, next, previous etc, print/export TOC as well as a way to make comments attached to a particular timing for easy export to text file (useful for passing back to audio engineer for further edits).
Old 09-30-2019, 11:39 PM   #5
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachstudies View Post
Actually, this would be something more involved...not simply a GUI for the script. It would have a wave view, play, pause, next, previous etc, print/export TOC as well as a way to make comments attached to a particular timing for easy export to text file (useful for passing back to audio engineer for further edits).
Wow, amazing
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #6
silksow

Sounds cool, but I still haven't found a workaround for the missing ddp render! Does anyone have a solution for that?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #7
silksow

Quote:
Originally Posted by silksow View Post
Sounds cool, but I still haven't found a workaround for the missing ddp render! Does anyone have a solution for that?
YAAAAAS! Two weeks to the day too late for my latest project, but so very welcome. You're a hero, Justin.

Attached Images
File Type: png Linux Reaper gets ddp.png (59.7 KB, 453 views)
Old 03-11-2020, 05:35 AM   #8
akademie

Quote:
Hi bachstudies, any progress with this, please?
Old 04-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #9
akademie

Quote:
Eek, I'm afraid not. I'm still keeping an eye on Reaper on Linux but since moving entirely to Linux for my audio needs, I've been using Ardour and Mixbus 32C for most things. It's not impossible that I might continue work on this but it has slipped down the list of priorities somewhat.
OK, understand. No problem.
Thanks for letting us know and also for a hope that it can happen in future eventually