Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #881
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Yep, I get what you are saying, Funkybot. But you literally said "Don't try to solve a problem that doesn't exist". So, one would assume you didn't think there was a problem. I guess at that point, I'm not sure what your argument is? Besides, don't change it because it looks fine for me. Apologies if I'm taking that the wrong way, but that certainly seemed to be the crux of your argument.

And yes, I know you were making recommendations not orders. But take a second and look at your recommendations. Don't use full color, don't use non-color, don't use gradients. And heck, I even agree with you on the gradient thing. I find them too subtle for me.

But having said that - and I understand you are using colored folder tracks not separators (same basic function) - do you understand how that method doesn't work at all for large templates? I have 250 tracks or so of just strings. So, using one folder track or separator that is colored and having 250 gray ones after that is just not usable. And I've tried lots of different ways - dark blue for long strings, light blue for short strings, etc. But at the end of the day, there isn't a good solution for delineating there because there are just too many gray/non-colored tracks at that point. Impossible to get your bearings when scrolling the TCP/Arrange.

So, the issue is that your recommendations for making selection/highlighting more visible are not going to be the way most people use the theme. At that point you might as well make the suggestion, hey let's just remove these layouts because they are problematic. That's not the solution to this. If everyone or most everyone worked like you, I would have no issue with it because then colored tracks would be an edge use case. But they aren't an edge use case. They are the most common use case and we should be treating them that way.

And sure we could use another theme, but we are all here because BlankFiles is one of the best at this and if you like his themes, there aren't many similar alternatives (if any). So my argument here is let's make selection/highlighting work for the most common use cases, not force users into a certain workflow and declare certain layouts problematic or off-limits in terms of item selection.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #882
KamHlav

Sorry to enter your discussion, but I think in the original from "Blankfiles" really there is no problem to see selected tracks, and parts of tracks .... I personally distinguish it in color .... dark and yellow ...
But as I mentioned, the original has no problem ....
Attached Images
File Type: png KKK-THEME-02a.png (61.1 KB, 149 views)
KamHlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #883
onewayout

Default Toolbars

Hi Everyone!

I have uploaded the new V 3.75 but when I import it through Pref-general-import it wipes out many necessary other custom menus...

And if I just put the theme in color themes it opens BUT I do not have BLANKFILES lovely Toolbars that I would want...

How can I import his toolbar sets for my new Theme plz?

Thx, Jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #884
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayout View Post
Hi Everyone!

I have uploaded the new V 3.75 but when I import it through Pref-general-import it wipes out many necessary other custom menus...

And if I just put the theme in color themes it opens BUT I do not have BLANKFILES lovely Toolbars that I would want...

How can I import his toolbar sets for my new Theme plz?

Thx, Jeff
FOUND IT [[SOLVED]] Just check the boxes you want to import when importing new theme and you can keep your old menus!!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #885
onewayout

Default TCP Bus Edge

Hi,

TCP Bus Edge not rounded But MCP edge is rounded...This worked ok last night on first install but hasn't worked since...Any suggestions?

Thx, Jeff
Old 04-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #886
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankfiles View Post
Here is the version of selection that I decide to make and no other changes will be made with the exception of waveforms (personally I use the dark default and white selection) the track select, the section of the number turns to light gray and the color of the track becomes clearer, for the items I enlarged the gap from the top and curved corner and the color becomes clearer. Dsl if I do not respond to the expectation of all but as to explain, it is very easy for all to change some basic color thanks all together we will end up making this theme fun and functional for all
That’s much better Blankfiles! Would be great to have that included!

No hard feelings btw, very grateful for your work and much appreciated!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #887
alphoc

Very very good update.
alphoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #888
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
No hard feelings btw, very grateful for your work and much appreciated!
And apologies Stevie if I came across as dismissive when I was trying to be constructive. Once I saw your screen prints from earlier it was obvious that in your particular setup, the selected track/items weren't as clear as they are here.

Hopefully that feedback will improve it for folks who don't like using folders and prefer full-color tracks.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:36 AM   #889
chanconcepcion

Hello,

I've donated last Friday and haven't received anything yet. I have been checking my Spam folder as well. Haven't got anything yet. If you can send it to my email that'd be really great. Thank you!

Email: chanconcepcion28@gmail.com
chanconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #890
onewayout

Hi Guys, I'M STILL NOT GETTING THIS EFFECT.

Oops it was on caps...Anyways I've done the import many times and it is not working ...is it something in the advandcedtweaks I need to do??

Thx, Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: png V3.75.PNG (47.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #891
Funkybot

Quote:
Hi Guys, I'M STILL NOT GETTING THIS EFFECT.

Oops it was on caps...Anyways I've done the import many times and it is not working ...is it something in the advandcedtweaks I need to do??

Thx, Jeff
What effect? The rounded separator in the folder track? Right click the track in the TCP, select Track Layouts, and set that Track as using one of the Folder Layouts.

If you want it done automatically, you can use the SWS Autocolor extension to automatically set the layout for you.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #892
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
What effect? The rounded separator in the folder track? Right click the track in the TCP, select Track Layouts, and set that Track as using one of the Folder Layouts.

If you want it done automatically, you can use the SWS Autocolor extension to automatically set the layout for you.
Thx Funkybot...I was using bus instead of folder...lol

I have the autocolor set-up to color bus' when named but it isn't turning it in to the rounded edge...Is that possible?

Thx
Old 04-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #893
onewayout

Quote:
Thx Funkybot...I was using bus instead of folder...lol

I have the autocolor set-up to color bus' when named but it isn't turning it in to the rounded edge...Is that possible?

Thx
Never mind GOT IT!!
Old 04-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #894
shijan

For me track selection style was very nice in last release (3.75).
Inverted waveform colors and non symmetrical frame thickness only makes things look less accurate. Inverted colors are complicated to integrate with fades and other colors. I guess There is no way to make universal selection style that magically will fit into any color scheme and into any track color.
There is no way to make universal clip selection style that will look friendly to eyes in large size and same time will be perfectly visible in small size in project with few hundreds clips and tracks.
My suggest - select less aggressive custom colors for tracks and clips.

BTW, that selection style looked very similar to Davinci Resolve:

Last edited by shijan; 04-06-2020 at 02:46 PM.
shijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #895
tweed

I think, NOW I UNDERSTAND BETTER!

[to get all tracks coloured YET still using A-folder to get curved right top edges]

1) I set GLOBALLY, the TRACK PANEL LAYOUT TO: 1A Global Layout Default COLOR

2) I set the buss folder tracks INDIVIDUALLY to "A-Folder" by right clicking on each folder track itself.

Now ALL tracks can have full length color PLUS the "A-Folder" curved right top edge, ON just folders of course.

GRRRREAT!
Got a clue/tip from the above writes.

NEXT - I'm hoping to find out how to know super-fast WHICH track is actually selected.
Thin white vertical far-right line gone, though hoping I've missed something on how to know which track is selected.

[QUESTION]
LASTLY: I guess it's not possible to have the LAST track in folder group with a curved far-right lower edge??

THANKS
sorry for fast write here.

Last edited by tweed; 04-07-2020 at 01:25 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #896
Blankfiles

In the next update I made a folder mcp track (request)
Realy basic but with add of a small spacer on the left to make it realy easy navigation between folder and track (green fader cap)

Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #897
Funkybot

Quote:
In the next update I made a folder mcp track (request)
Realy basic but with add of a small spacer on the left to make it realy easy navigation between folder and track (green fader cap)

One thing I noticed the other day was that it was very hard to select folder tracks in the MCP without accidentally collapsing/expanding the folder. The "hit point" where you can select a track seemed to be right under and slightly to the right of the fader, but clicking just about anywhere else in the background would expand or collapse the folder.

Not sure if this was recently fixed, but if you could try it out on your newer build and see if it's still a problem and hopefully fix it, that'd be great. I only want the folder to expand/collapse if I click the folder icon itself. Otherwise, select the channel when clicking in the Gray space. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #898
alphoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
One thing I noticed the other day was that it was very hard to select folder tracks in the MCP without accidentally collapsing/expanding the folder.
Yes, finally. It's a very annoying. We need a 3.75 extended version's folder icon on MCP with the standard version.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #899
BigSmo

Default Turn Off Auto Track renaming

Hi guys,
Is there a way to disable the Automatic track renaming box that appears every time I create a new track?
BigSmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #900
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Hi guys,
Is there a way to disable the Automatic track renaming box that appears every time I create a new track?
Change the action assigned to it in the toolbar.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #901
Blankfiles

Yes that will be remove in next version ! thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 05:11 PM   #902
Blankfiles

here in the next update I have changed the position of the folder button now under volume,in the same case that reduces the selection area of the folder and avoids closing by pressing in the wrong area! I find that it makes elegant and easy to distinguish, and with that I lengthen the meter which makes it more complete! I confess that all this was a headache, especially for the color area behind the track icons. I am aware that it may displease some but you get used to it and everything makes sense! Reaction?

Edit The last icon folder can be change I am not sure !

Last edited by Blankfiles; 04-09-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Blankfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:51 PM   #903
Funkybot

Looks much cleaner to me!
Old 04-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #904
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Funkybot and Blankfiles:

my suggestions aren't really based on aesthetics, but on usability.

Check this screenshot here, this is a rather modest project. It is really hard to quickly spot the selected track:

Same for you items, which are the selected items? Can you immediately tell?

there's an option in the theme tweaker that draws a coloured line at the top of your item.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:20 AM   #905
alphoc

Quote:
here in the next update I have changed the position of the folder button now under volume,in the same case that reduces the selection area of the folder and avoids closing by pressing in the wrong area! I find that it makes elegant and easy to distinguish, and with that I lengthen the meter which makes it more complete! I confess that all this was a headache, especially for the color area behind the track icons. I am aware that it may displease some but you get used to it and everything makes sense! Reaction?

Edit The last icon folder can be change I am not sure !

the numbers in the old meter were less and better, please don't increase the numbers. Only, 54-42-30-18-6 enough and clean.

MCP folder icon placement is OK, I think.

What about centered transport in hi-res monitor ? Transport still not centered on 2560x1440 screen.

Last edited by alphoc; 04-10-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:45 AM   #906
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
there's an option in the theme tweaker that draws a coloured line at the top of your item.
Try it, doesn't work well with a lot smaller items.

@Funkybot: all good, no offense taken.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:54 AM   #907
Blankfiles

Ok back to the original version of folder forget about this last post. The update will be release this week. And yes the transport as been adjust. Thanks

Edit: I have fix the old style selection ! work perfectly !!

Last edited by Blankfiles; 04-10-2020 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #908
PianoMan7

Quote:
Ok back to the original version of folder forget about this last post. The update will be release this week. And yes the transport as been adjust. Thanks

Edit: I have fix the old style selection ! work perfectly !!
Hi Blankfiles,

I sent you a donation on Paypal yesterday. Would you be able to send me the theme?

Thanks!

Great work!!!
PianoMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:34 AM   #909
QueercoreTrash

Default This looks too good to pass up

I’m liking The look of this.I am still in the evaluation period for Reaper but a donation, also, has been sent.
QueercoreTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:43 AM   #910
winbe

Default 3.75 Nice but can't get some of the round corners + faded colors

Hello,
I love 3.75 but as I mentionned a while ago, I am still fresutrated because I can't get the nice rounded thing on the TCP "folder" track, and also the colors on the folder tracks are faded...

I wish I could have the same result as the screenshots shown here!!

Here is mine. Nice, but not similar to the "official" screenshots...
Any idea of why?

Thanks!!

Attached Images
File Type: png TCP_ilogic3.75.png (31.4 KB, 468 views)
Old 04-11-2020, 04:12 AM   #911
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Hello,
I love 3.75 but as I mentionned a while ago, I am still fresutrated because I can't get the nice rounded thing on the TCP "folder" track, and also the colors on the folder tracks are faded...

I wish I could have the same result as the screenshots shown here!!

Here is mine. Nice, but not similar to the "official" screenshots...
Any idea of why?

Thanks!!

I found it was because I was choosing BUS in layout instead of FOLDER... Hope that helps!
Old 04-11-2020, 05:31 AM   #912
winbe

Thanks, but I tried all the layouts... none of them will give me the bright colors.. or the rounded topleft corner....
Old 04-11-2020, 05:36 AM   #913
_Stevie_

I think you need to use the "Extended Beta 01" theme. Then choose A-Folder in the layouts.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:08 AM   #914
Blankfiles

All is Sent thanks you so much for supports !!
Old 04-11-2020, 07:10 AM   #915
Blankfiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Thanks, but I tried all the layouts... none of them will give me the bright colors.. or the rounded topleft corner....
Is fix in next updates !already reported .the color of tcp folder are more darker in 3.75 but fix in 3.76 this week thanks for your patience !

Also the left round corner not include in V3.75 I change it for the next update too

Last edited by Blankfiles; 04-11-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #916
Blankfiles

In the next update I have create an action for folder and automatic add the folder layout tcp and mcp look like this
Old 04-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #917
Blankfiles

Same here for Add bus track
Old 04-11-2020, 08:13 AM   #918
Blankfiles

And here the selected track comportment
Colorfull
Item
From my computer that look easy to see the selected track in 2 cases
Old 04-11-2020, 08:28 AM   #919
Klangfarben

Quote:
And here the selected track comportment
Colorfull
Item
From my computer that look easy to see the selected track in 2 cases
This looks really good Blankfiles!
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #920
_Stevie_

Yes, I agree, really looking forward to this!