Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #10001
TabbyCat
Human being with feelings

I've started to work with CSI and my X-touch, and it's rad!

I have a question that seems obvious, but can't seem to find the answer. For displays, we can use:

Code:
DisplayLower1   FXParamNameDisplay   1   "Cutoff"
In this case, "Cutoff" is an alias for the underlying parameter name assigned to automation ID 1. But - how do we *not* use an alias, and display the actual parameter name seen by Reaper? I.e. the name that shows up in the automation envelopes, Reaper's track controls, etc?

You'd think you would just eliminate the alias, like so:
Code:
DisplayLower1   FXParamNameDisplay   1
...and it would display the actual name for that index, but no dice.

This is important because many plugins' parameter names move around based on context (e.g. Kontakt's automation list is different for every instrument you load).

Tell me what I'm doing wrong
TabbyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:22 AM   #10002
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Nope. Still doesn't work with the FaderPort 1 fader.

Are you also a Studio One user? If not, I'd seriously look at the X-Touch One over the Faderport v2.
For these units it's just a matter of fader noise, button quality and so on. I've made a CSI config for the Faderport 8, 16 and v2 already. I have not explored the X-Touch One. I'd have to order one to try it out, though I'm hoping the faders are like the X32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
The FPXT extension works for FP1 FYI.
Yeah, that's a nice plugin. I have a lot of buttons so I don't need to use the Faderports tough ones. The buttons of the Faderport 16 are more to my liking, as are the X-Touch Minis and the Novation Dicers(now discontinued). Great fader though, which is why I'm reluctant to replace it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Geoff
In regard to touch automation write mode:
how did you solve the issue that there is not touch release command in the Reaper API?
To add to the reports, I get the same with all my faders in Touch mode. CSI v5.5.2020.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:30 AM   #10003
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hello, I have the older Qcon ProX, precursor to the G2 kinda. I have a full review on this site somewhere, and gear slutz. But Airon is right, get your hands on if you can first. I wish I did, or I'd prob use the Xtouch now and the main reason is:

buttons - you can't tell from the pictures in either case, but the buttons on the Qcon are plastic and click. Personally, I hate that sound but I like the feel. In this case the biggest issue I have is that often pressing any button once will trigger a double press. This gets me often, i'm recording a client, I press record, I sit back, they perform....but the stupid darn thing actually stopped recording immediately because of double press. Ugh. Had I felt the buttons in advance I may have caught it and avoided. Just an example of why its important to get hands on. Xtouch buttons are rubber, soft, quiet. Opposite feel, and with my XT mini I have never had the double press ever. Not sure about the G2, but looks like the same buttons to me.
I have the G2 and the buttons are actually different. Where the ProX has hard buttons, the G2 has rubber buttons. I haven't noticed that they click twice at all. That being said, I'm working on my studio (doing some physical changes) so won't be able to try things out for a little bit.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:31 AM   #10004
conorg

That's really impressive Geoff! Are there example mst/zon files showing this behaviour that I could start learning from? The possibilities are really exciting with this tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Here's a quick demo using TouchOSC with VST FX, VSTi's will behave similarly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be
conorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #10005
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
I've started to work with CSI and my X-touch, and it's rad!

I have a question that seems obvious, but can't seem to find the answer. For displays, we can use:

Code:
DisplayLower1   FXParamNameDisplay   1   "Cutoff"
In this case, "Cutoff" is an alias for the underlying parameter name assigned to automation ID 1. But - how do we *not* use an alias, and display the actual parameter name seen by Reaper? I.e. the name that shows up in the automation envelopes, Reaper's track controls, etc?

You'd think you would just eliminate the alias, like so:
Code:
DisplayLower1   FXParamNameDisplay   1
...and it would display the actual name for that index, but no dice.

This is important because many plugins' parameter names move around based on context (e.g. Kontakt's automation list is different for every instrument you load).

Tell me what I'm doing wrong
Wow, they really move things around that much ?

I'll look into doing what you suggest.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #10006
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorg View Post
That's really impressive Geoff! Are there example mst/zon files showing this behaviour that I could start learning from? The possibilities are really exciting with this tech.
Look in the CSI folder, there are .ost (OSC uses .ost, Midi uses .mst), .zon files for iPad and iPhone, and there are some TouchOSC layouts as well.

In fact they are the exact ones used for the demo
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #10007
MixMonkey

Quote:

It's a lovely idea If only the plugin manufacturers picked more display friendly names!
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #10008
shakespeare

Quote:
I'm no network guru, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the same port for in and out on the same IP address regardless of the software you are using.
i asked the dev about it and it seems CSI is not working correctly.

if i set the incoming port in CSI to 8701
it also blocks the outgoing 8701 and thats the issue.
CSI should only "lock" the incoming.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:42 AM   #10009
Pompeysie

Default Update

Hi guys, I have been off the thread for a little while. How is the update coming along? Is Version 1.0 released yet?

Simon
Pompeysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #10010
tdc

I am seriously bummed we missed out on getting Geoff to post the 10000th post in this little thread 😊

Congrats Mr Waddington on your CSI work.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #10011
TabbyCat

Quote:

Thanks for having a look! The issue arises more often with instruments than FX. Samplers are the most common example - since any instrument/sound in the universe can theoretically be sampled, there's no way to know in advance what a knob/slider should control...so the names for the IDs aren't created until the author of the preset explicitly creates them.

Most modern soft-synths have "macro controls" - where instead of dumping 512 parameters on the user, there are 8 commonly-used controls, front and center, for easy tweaking. They usually take up the first 8 IDs. But - the automation names change per preset.

FX do occasionally require agility as well - for example plugins which are open-ended containers (Soundtoys' Effect Rack, or any of the guitar amp/cab sims like Guitar Rig). The user can load any number of FX units and the possibilities are endless...so are the automation params, so they're not created until runtime.

I see that FocusedFXParamNameDisplay already pulls an on-the-fly parameter name, so hopefully this is not an outrageous refactoring

Last edited by TabbyCat; 08-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #10012
Sweetfoot

Default Control Reaper and Totalmix from one controller?

Okay, I had this idea, maybe someone here can tell me if this is possible via the CSI: I use an RME interface, and I use their Totalmix software for zero latency monitoring. It works great, but since I use an MCU and an MCUxt to control reaper, switching to the Totalmix window and adjusting faders with my mouse feels really clunky and slow by comparison.

Since Totalmix can be controlled via midi and OSC, would it be possible to set up my MCU and MCUxt to control both reaper AND Totalmix?

In an ideal setup, the volume fader for an armed track in reaper would take over control of the trim level for the corresponding input in Totalmix. In addition, you could have buttons on the MCU that, when pressed, would map different submixes from Totalmix to the MCU faders and rotary encoders.

This would mean that when setting headphone mixes for a tracking session, you wouldn't need to pull up Totalmix at all. You would set up a basic mix using the levels in reaper (which would set the trims in Totalmix), and then you could modify the mix going to each headphone by bringing up the corresponding submix on the MCU.

In reality, I haven't found any way to control the trims in Totalmix with MIDI, it doesn't show up in any of the documentation I've found. However, even if I could just pull up Totalmix submixes on my MCU with a button press, then go back controlling reaper with another, that would be huge.

I have already had success sending MIDI from reaper to Totalmix to control headphone mixes using my own midi remotes, but I haven't figured out how to get feedback from Totalmix. I think I would need to get creative with my .zon files and MIDI routing to make all this happen.

Maybe this would be best accomplished with something like Bourne MIDI translator?

Anybody got any advice or ideas?
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #10013
mattrglenn

Default Assigning fx params based on alias, not number

Quote:

Geoff, this is actually pertinent to ReaSurround as well, a plugin which I use a lot and would LOVE to integrate seamlessly with CSI. As you increase/decrease the input count, Reaper adds parameters to match — unfortunately, it adds them BEFORE the static parameters, pushing the param #s of those parameters up with each added input.

I know TabbyCat was talking about something different, but I would love to know if there's a way to link the widgets to plugin functionality based on alias instead of parameter number. Maybe I'm flying a bit close to the sun here...

Last edited by mattrglenn; 08-25-2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Add title
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #10014
mattrglenn

Default Problem with TrackNavigator?

Hey all,
I'm very much enjoying the CSI features I've been able to integrate across an iCon Platform M+/B and a Midifighter Twister. Thanks to Geoff and everyone who regularly answers questions here.

I'm having some trouble with the code I use to switch the encoder modes on my Platform M+. The desired effects are:
  1. Press "Pan" on the Platform B to toggle the encoders between Pan and PanWidth modes
  2. Press Send on the Platform B to switch the encoders to control Send 1 for each displayed track.
In each case, DisplayLower changes to show the value of the encoder parameter.

I'm attaching my .mst and .zon files below. The weird thing is that the functionality works fine.... on channel 8 only. Channels 1-7 do not switch modes at all. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks as always!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Matt iCon M+ files.zip (4.9 KB, 121 views)
Old 08-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #10015
TabbyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
Hey all,
Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks as always!
You currently have:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|	TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 	TrackPanDisplay
	FaderTouchOn|	GoZone FaderTouchDisplayOn|
	Pan		GoZone PanWidth|1-8
...etc
I've found it perplexing on when to add the numbers 1-8 - from the calling Zone only, or both the calling and target Zones. It's my understanding that when creating a template Zone (the "|" character), you specify the desired number of channels in the calling zone - e.g. 1-8 - but then the actual target Zone is written thusly, without the numbers:

Code:
Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	...etc
...because you already specified in the calling zone how many you want. But, here's how I got my pan functionality to work from a call within the Channel Zone - the numbers 1-8 are in the receiving Zone only, and not in the call to that Zone:

Code:
Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
YMMV

Last edited by TabbyCat; 08-25-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #10016
TabbyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfoot View Post
Okay, I had this idea, maybe someone here can tell me if this is possible via the CSI: I use an RME interface,

Anybody got any advice or ideas?
[This response digresses from CSI, readers ignore if not an RME user ]

Maybe not the answer you're expecting (hoping lol?) - but I use an RME ARC remote for this. Since you can save Snapshots in TotalMix that include routings, levels, everything - you press a button on the ARC and it pulls up that configuration. I have the encoder on the ARC permanently assigned to output of the Master bus, but it's my understanding that can change with the snapshot as well. I haven't actually "looked" at the TotalMix GUI for a few years now. Maybe worth a look? They're usually 130 USD/EUR used.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:58 PM   #10017
Sweetfoot

Quote:
[This response digresses from CSI, readers ignore if not an RME user ]

Maybe not the answer you're expecting (hoping lol?) - but I use an RME ARC remote for this. Since you can save Snapshots in TotalMix that include routings, levels, everything - you press a button on the ARC and it pulls up that configuration. I have the encoder on the ARC permanently assigned to output of the Master bus, but it's my understanding that can change with the snapshot as well. I haven't actually "looked" at the TotalMix GUI for a few years now. Maybe worth a look? They're usually 130 USD/EUR used.
Thanks TabbyCat, I use an ARC as well, and the snapshots are really handy to quickly pull up a starting point. I'm trying to speed up the process of dialing in headphone mixes for multiple musicians, who may all want different things. Right now, my process is this:

1. get all the mics up and preamp gains set
2. switch over to Totalmix and put it in trim mode
3. use the trims to adjust the monitor mix across all outputs
4. ask the musicians to play together
5. ask each musician if they need changes in their mix
6. take Totalmix out of trim mode, and adjust each submix accordingly

it's a pretty streamlined process already, but I'd love to be able to get that level of control without switching to another window or having to use my mouse.
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #10018
mattrglenn

Quote:
You currently have:

Code:
Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Alas, I tried this approach and now the pan/panwidth swap functionality is gone altogether (including channel 8). I think you are correct that I should be formatting it that way, it just feels like something else is awry... at this point I've tried all combinations of "|" and "|1-8" that I can think of.

Has anyone had similar issues with the iCon Platform controllers?

Quote:

YMMV
Indeed
Old 08-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #10019
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
Alas, I tried this approach and now the pan/panwidth swap functionality is gone altogether (including channel 8). I think you are correct that I should be formatting it that way, it just feels like something else is awry... at this point I've tried all combinations of "|" and "|1-8" that I can think of.

Can't speak to that specific device, but try the following...

1. The 1-8 for the "channel" zone gets defined up top.

2. Rotary and Rotary push are assigned in your channel zone.

3. Then you have separate Pan|1-8 and PanWidth|1-8 zones.

Here are the relevant parts of the zone...

Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  			TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 			TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
	DisplayUpper|  	TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 	TrackPanDisplay
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  	TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower|	TrackPanWidthDisplay
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
...hopefully that adds some value.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #10020
mattrglenn

Thank you Funkybot. I gave this a whirl and am still stuck with only channel 8 working. At least this proves empirically that I don't need to add "|1-8" to every instance of a zone to get them to work.

I wish I had another controller to test, but I only have EuCon surfaces and that's a whole other ballgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Can't speak to that specific device, but try the following...

1. The 1-8 for the "channel" zone gets defined up top.

2. Rotary and Rotary push are assigned in your channel zone.

3. Then you have separate Pan|1-8 and PanWidth|1-8 zones.

Here are the relevant parts of the zone...
Old 08-27-2020, 04:23 AM   #10021
conorg

Thanks for this, I had immediate success swiftly followed by hours of frustration as it all stopped working!

I tried multiple reboots (computer and iPad), MIDI resets, different wifi networks, with and without USB cable, different cable, different laptop, switching between MIDI and OSC, FocusedFXNavigator vs SelectedTrackNavigator, and I could consistently see the messages coming in on the CSI monitor and they were being interpreted by the mst file as I could see the widget name, but the damn sliders just weren't moving!

What fixed it was simply doing "New Project" in Reaper and loading the VST onto a newly created track. Now it's all working again! I wonder is there some sort of housekeeping Reaper does on "New Project" that resets all the CSI stuff? Would be nice to be able to trigger this without having to abandon whatever project I'm in the middle of and start fresh every time!

Reading over this thread it seems as if "help it's all stopped working for no reason" is a recurring sentiment. Can I suggest adding a "Troubleshooting" section to the wiki where quirky fixes like this could be documented? It could save a lot of tears!

Quote:
Look in the CSI folder, there are .ost (OSC uses .ost, Midi uses .mst), .zon files for iPad and iPhone, and there are some TouchOSC layouts as well.

In fact they are the exact ones used for the demo
Old 08-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #10022
Equitone

Default Button layout of X-Touch

Just a tad off topic, but does anyone happen to have a textual layout for the buttons on the X-Touch. There are various graphical ones out there, but my screen reader gets ill when it tries to read them,
TIA
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #10023
conorg

Is this the right place to report bugs?

I have got to the stage where I can setup mst/zon files to control VSTi parameters from my iPad. Works well. Upon loading the VSTi onto a track, the faders on the iPad move to match the default positions, they move when changing patches, and the VSTi responds to movement on the iPad.

So once this is working, I save the Reaper project and come back to work on it later. But upon reloading the project, there is no connection between the iPad and the VSTi. Switching focus between tracks/windows and back to the VSTi does nothing. If I remove the VSTi from the track and add it back in again, this can sometimes fix things. On other occasions I need to create a new project, then as soon as the VSTi is added to a track, it all starts working again.

To reproduce, I just need to take a working project, save it, close it, re-open it, without touching anything else and the iPad will no longer control the VSTi. I can still see the incoming values in the "Show input from surfaces" monitor, and they look correct.

I am on macOS Catalina, using an iPad connected via TouchOSC Bridge, latest version of Reaper.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #10024
MixMonkey

Quote:

I have got to the stage where I can setup mst/zon files to control VSTi parameters from my iPad. Works well. Upon loading the VSTi onto a track, the faders on the iPad move to match the default positions, they move when changing patches, and the VSTi responds to movement on the iPad.

So once this is working, I save the Reaper project and come back to work on it later. But upon reloading the project, there is no connection between the iPad and the VSTi. Switching focus between tracks/windows and back to the VSTi does nothing. If I remove the VSTi from the track and add it back in again, this can sometimes fix things. On other occasions I need to create a new project, then as soon as the VSTi is added to a track, it all starts working again.

To reproduce, I just need to take a working project, save it, close it, re-open it, without touching anything else and the iPad will no longer control the VSTi. I can still see the incoming values in the "Show input from surfaces" monitor, and they look correct.

I am on macOS Catalina, using an iPad connected via TouchOSC Bridge, latest version of Reaper.
Are you using VST3 plugins?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #10025
conorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Are you using VST3 plugins?
No I have been testing with the built in ReaComp and the free VSTi Lokomotiv, neither of which are VST3.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #10026
MixMonkey

Quote:
No I have been testing with the built in ReaComp and the free VSTi Lokomotiv, neither of which are VST3.
OK, not that then
Old 08-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #10027
TabbyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfoot View Post

[snip]

1. get all the mics up and preamp gains set
2. switch over to Totalmix and put it in trim mode
3. use the trims to adjust the monitor mix across all outputs
4. ask the musicians to play together
5. ask each musician if they need changes in their mix
6. take Totalmix out of trim mode, and adjust each submix accordingly

it's a pretty streamlined process already, but I'd love to be able to get that level of control without switching to another window or having to use my mouse.
Ah I see - if its phones, there's always going to be manual fiddling then. I don't deal much with phone mixes (mostly ITB), but the times I have, I just went full analog...submixes to a submixer. If someone got really irate they could walk over to the submixer and move the fader themselves

A cheap iPad permanently mounted with TotalMix Remote? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/totalm...d/id1345471593

Sorry, I know I'm suggesting products instead of addressing your specific request...in the event that CSI is not a possibility.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:39 AM   #10028
conorg

Just to rule out any issues on the hardware side, I am seeing identical behaviour with my Evolution UC 16 control surface. I set it up to control a slider in ReaComp, works as expected. Save project->close project->load project and then it is no longer working.

Removing the VST from the track and adding it back in again worked once failed once. The most successful way to bring it back to life is via a new project, which has worked probably 95% of the time.

Any other Mac users out there able to replicate this?

Quote:

Old 08-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #10029
poetnprophet

sidebar: I saw this in another thread, I've been wanting a USB/midi controlled RGB light simply for recording status....and I think this may be the solution. Sounds like it will work with CSI, which would be golden.

As soon as I have the funds I'm going to try it out, stay tuned! Unless anyone here already has and it's no good??

https://www.punchlight.com/recording_lamp_usb
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #10030
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
sidebar: I saw this in another thread, I've been wanting a USB/midi controlled RGB light simply for recording status....and I think this may be the solution. Sounds like it will work with CSI, which would be golden.

As soon as I have the funds I'm going to try it out, stay tuned! Unless anyone here already has and it's no good??

https://www.punchlight.com/recording_lamp_usb
I've seen that Punch Light before, but if I recalled correctly, the setup I wanted to install would cost me something in the realm of $800, which I just can't justify at the moment. Maybe when I'm making more money I can afford it.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #10031
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I've seen that Punch Light before, but if I recalled correctly, the setup I wanted to install would cost me something in the realm of $800, which I just can't justify at the moment. Maybe when I'm making more money I can afford it.
yea, now that I'm looking into it.....sheesh! hmmm....rethinking diy haha
Old 08-28-2020, 06:19 PM   #10032
Cragster

Hey all. probably a dumb question but is there a way to control FX plugins on the master track ?? obviously the master has no display. ive been using focusedfxparam. was just wondering if there was a way to map out the master plugins out over the surface like the ones on regular tracks . thanks all. i think the master track should get a display also on these surfaces. idk just my 2 cents
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #10033
poetnprophet

I think, if you have SelectedTrackNav for plugins rather than FocusedFX, then you can get to Master track plugins...I guess also assuming you have TouchTrackSelect (or whatever it is) included.

I also think that I did request this or something similar to this, and perhaps even monitoring fx, a while back.

while we're bringing up old stuff, how about centered displays?
heck, I haven't updated in so long I'm not even sure that's a good idea right now haha.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #10034
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hey all. probably a dumb question but is there a way to control FX plugins on the master track ?? obviously the master has no display. ive been using focusedfxparam. was just wondering if there was a way to map out the master plugins out over the surface like the ones on regular tracks . thanks all. i think the master track should get a display also on these surfaces. idk just my 2 cents
I haven't gotten this to work but I actually always create a new "Master bus" track anyway so that MB effects don't affect any reference mix I mix have in the project.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:20 AM   #10035
sivert_h

Awwwyuss I love the new rotary encoder scaling/acceleration in the latest CSI (May 5th). Thanks Geoff!

The CSI Edit Mode won't open for me. Is it not functional?
EDIT: It appears that I've discovered some kind of bug. Sometimes the CSI Edit Mode won't load. If I then run Reset All Midi Control Surfaces it works again.

Last edited by sivert_h; 08-31-2020 at 05:59 AM.
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:05 AM   #10036
todoublez

I'm planning to buy a COnsole1 fader..
has anyone customized it via C.S.I. yet ?
love to know how's the performance in REAPER !
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:20 AM   #10037
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
I haven't gotten this to work but I actually always create a new "Master bus" track anyway so that MB effects don't affect any reference mix I mix have in the project.
Hmmm master bus track. I dont know why i never thought of that. Sometimes its the simplest most obvious things that stump me. Thank you !!!!
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:19 PM   #10038
Nils92

Hello,
I am using an s1 on mac os 10.15.4 and want to integrate it into reaper. I did the following steps1. Downloaded the last beta build of csi.
2. followed the instructions for installing on the wiki page.
3. after launching reaper to enable csi in the settings, it crushed if I created a new project or open one.
4. i reinstalled csi 3-4 times. 5. after that I could start reaper and add csi and eucon in the prefs.
6. reaper crushed again, after I did that.
Nils92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:58 AM   #10039
sivert_h

Touch mode with the latest CSI (May 5th) now results in jagged lines like this. It seems it wants to return to zero when there is no movement on the fader, even though my finger is touching it.
Attached Images
File Type: png Skjermbilde 2020-09-02 kl. 10.57.02.png (35.8 KB, 122 views)
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #10040
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert_h View Post
Touch mode with the latest CSI (May 5th) now results in jagged lines like this. It seems it wants to return to zero when there is no movement on the fader, even though my finger is touching it.
I am using a build from who knows when, probably late 2019. I have also experienced this using touch, although it was not consistent. I figured I was doing it wrong lol. If I redid the automation, I could fix it on some spots but then could get in other spots. Yours seems very extreme though.