Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #201
K8ch
Human being with feelings

Default "Reaticulate": A few questions

Yes...
Okay, I got it working, and it looks great!
Thank you for the time you're putting into this!

I have one suggestion...and a quick question or two:

I like to suggest that you make each of the articulation buttons a different color.
Then, have the note in the MIDI editor window, change color to correlate with that particular articulation.
That way, you can see what's going on in the MIDI editor window, at a glance.
(I think this might be a deal-breaker, because BSRO Articulate has this feature)

Here's my question.. Is there a place where we can trade/swap the articulations for sample libraries that you haven't created for us, but that we've made for ourselves?
It would be great to (eventually) have them all available.

Peace,

Keith
https://www.reverbnation.com/keithhaydon

Last edited by K8ch; 06-25-2018 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Better letter
K8ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:33 AM   #202
Kitarraman

Default Thank you tack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
Hello REAPER users,

I'd like to announce an alpha preview release of Reaticulate: an articulation management system for REAPER.

reaticulate.com

There are other solutions to this problem available of course, but I believe Reaticulate offers a few unique things.

A few highlights:
  • Simple, (hopefully) attractive, dockable UI
  • Highly flexible output events to control the underlying patches in just about every imaginable configuration
  • Articulations are chased and clearly labeled on the piano roll
  • Coexists with manual triggering of instrument keyswitches
  • A number of factory banks for a variety of vendors are bundled to get you started
  • Free and open source

Reaticulate is installable via ReaPack: http://reaticulate.com/index.xml

As this is an initial alpha preview release there are a few things missing, and probably a few things unintentionally broken. Notably, there is not yet a GUI for creating custom banks, so you'll have to edit bank files by hand and learn a bit about Reaticulate's custom markup used to extend reabank files. This is all documented, although the documentation, as with everything else, is a WIP.

If you can stand my rambling, I've done a video to cover the features and operation of Reaticulate. Even if you tune out after the 2 minute mark, you should have a pretty good sense of what it's about.

I welcome all bug reports, suggestions, and other feedback, either here, or on the GitHub issue tracker.

[Cross-posted on the Reaper forum, vi-control.net, and thesoundboard.net. Apologies if you frequent multiple forums and this is feeling spammy.]
Tack, I wanna thank you. It took me 3 months to understand that I couldn't get Reaticulate to work because I hadn't enabled step sequencing, but now handling articulation in Reaper is a child's play. Thank you again
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #203
K8ch

Default THANK YOU!!!! However, a little guidance is needed..

First of all...
I am very, very stoked that you're working on updates for this!!
This is the -one- thing that I'd most hoped would get some attention, by someone more skilled than I.
This just freakin' rocks!!

I don't know if you can help but:
I was hoping there was a way to install this new version -without- connecting my computer to the web.

Is there a way to do that...or do I have to get connected first?

Thank you, again, for taking the time to work on this.
Ignore the "color" request in my previous comment. The "Program change" idea probably works really well and less confusing.

Peace,

Keith

Last edited by K8ch; 07-02-2018 at 05:59 AM.
K8ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:04 AM   #204
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
Tack, I wanna thank you. It took me 3 months to understand that I couldn't get Reaticulate to work because I hadn't enabled step sequencing, but now handling articulation in Reaper is a child's play.
Ouch! I'd have asked the question after the first hour

The next version will support injecting articulation changes into the MIDI item under the edit cursor by right clicking the articulation, so no step input will be needed anymore (though the current step input behavior will be preserved).
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #205
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8ch View Post
I was hoping there was a way to install this new version -without- connecting my computer to the web.

Is there a way to do that...or do I have to get connected first?
It's a bit cumbersome but it's possible. You can follow the instructions from this post here earlier in the thread.

I should probably put those manual instructions up on the website.

I'm just about the release the next version today, so you may wish to hold off before going through the trouble of a manual offline install.

Quote:
Is there a place where we can trade/swap the articulations for sample libraries that you haven't created for us, but that we've made for ourselves? It would be great to (eventually) have them all available.
There isn't yet. I'm doing a curated list of banks for the factory banks (what comes bundled with Reaticulate) and some users have made submissions for that (by opening an issue in the GitHub project). But longer term, some kind of Stash-like sharing system may well make sense, yeah. I'll keep it in mind.

Quote:
Ignore the "color" request in my previous comment. The "Program change" idea probably works really well and less confusing.
Unfortunately I can't control how the program change events are colored (or otherwise displayed) in the MIDI editor. But if you want to model what BRSO Articulate is doing, you can build multis with articulations on different channels (as you would with BRSO), make your custom Reaticulate bank accordingly (like this example), and then set the MIDI event color to Channel. Of course this method will limit you to 16 articulations.

Cheers!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #206
MorkV

Hi, I am testing pre-release and here some of my thoughts
1. Need an on/off button of injecting PChange under mouse cursor(it's desirable that a button is easily available)
2. Multi-injecting on all selected tracks.
Thanks!
MorkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #207
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorkV View Post
Hi, I am testing pre-release
Thanks for taking it out for a spin!

Quote:
1. Need an on/off button of injecting PChange under mouse cursor(it's desirable that a button is easily available)
What would behavior be in the off state? I'm wondering how it would be different from the left click behavior.

Quote:
2. Multi-injecting on all selected tracks.
I had wondered if it should do this while coding it. Should it do it by default? Or perhaps with a mouse modifier, e.g. shift + right-click.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:21 AM   #208
thevisi0nary

Tack I am sorry to contribute to the endless questions you get. This reaticulate has become indespensible in my work flow and I am hugely appreciative.

One question I had, is it possible to save banks with track templates? I use them more that project templates and it would be a tad easier to have the bank automatically recall with the track, right now they have to be reset each time.

Either way, thank you very much again.
thevisi0nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #209
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevisi0nary View Post
One question I had, is it possible to save banks with track templates? I use them more that project templates and it would be a tad easier to have the bank automatically recall with the track, right now they have to be reset each time.
This really should Just Work. Which banks are mapped on a particular track is stored within the Reaticulate JSFX along with the active articulations, and Track Templates preserve the FX chain, so this should work without having to do anything special.

The bank data itself isn't stored, but the reference to the bank MSB/LSB is stored, so maybe this has something to do with what you're seeing.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "they have to be reset each time"?
Old 07-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #210
MorkV

Quote:
Thanks for taking it out for a spin!

What would behavior be in the off state? I'm wondering how it would be different from the left click behavior.
Sends nothing(like in the current version), although it's not very important because can just close the midi editor.

Quote:
I had wondered if it should do this while coding it. Should it do it by default? Or perhaps with a mouse modifier, e.g. shift + right-click.
Well, considering that when I going to edit I select midi items for opening in the midi editor, it seems to me logical that injecting would be on each of selected midi items. But here should follow selected tracks but no midi items, because midi items can be selected not for editing(as far as I know reaper API cannot this)
MorkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #211
tack

After a longer-than-expected development cycle, I’m happy to release the next alpha version of Reaticulate.

Please do read the write-up on the website where I provide a lot more detail about the new features of this release.

Eh?
Reaticulate is an articulation management system for REAPER. Check the website to be assaulted with information you never wanted.

Installing
If you're a new user (not upgrading), just follow these installation instructions.

Upgrading
Unfortunately due to significant backward-incompatible changes in the ReaPack structure, upgrading requires uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.

I did warn you this was alpha software, right?

Follow these steps to uninstall the old version:
  1. Close current project (if one is open)
  2. Menu: Extensions | ReaPack | Manage Repositories
  3. Right click Reaticulate and click Uninstall
  4. Click ok and say yes to the prompt
  5. Restart Reaper (necessary to stop existing Reaticulate instance)

And now follow the installation instructions.

Full Change Log
Again, please read the 0.2.0 announcement on the website for much more detail.

New Features
  • Added support for MIDI CC feedback to a control surface or other controller
  • Articulation output events may refer to other articulations in the same bank via new 'art' output type (#18)
  • Articulations can now be inserted from the arrange view (or MIDI editor without step input needing to be enabled) by right clicking the articulation button (#28)
  • Banks can now specify which CCs should be chased. Factory banks are much more selective about what's chased. (#33)
  • Added support for conditional output events, where output events may now be optionally dependent on the state of articulations in other groups (#32)
  • Output events to specific target MIDI channels can now be optionally configured to not affect future routing (#30)
  • Added Settings UI to configure Reaticulate to autostart when Reaper starts

Minor Enhancements
  • Spacebar in Reaticulate's window will now toggle transport and focus arrange view
  • Bank list in track configuration can now be reordered via drag-and-drop (#37)
  • Ctrl-left/right now skips words in the articulation filter text input box (#9)
  • Existing program changes at edit cursor will be removed before inserting a new one (#35)

Bug fixes
  • Fixed problem where UI may not use correct background color from theme
  • Fixed parsing of invalid colors and icons (#13)
  • Fixed "Add Reaticulate FX" button not working after first install (#15)
  • Fixed ultra critical bug where trill-min2 and trill-maj2 icons were swapped (#16)
  • Fixed routing issue when articulation had no output events defined (#27)
  • For articulations with multiple note outputs, all note-ons will now be sent before any note-offs (#20)
  • Articulations with multiple note-hold outputs now works as expected (#26)
  • Fixed embarrasing bug where channel 16 couldn't be used for bank's source channel
  • Reduced the likelihood of Reaticulate munging the last touched FX
  • Other minor bug fixes

Last edited by tack; 07-02-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #212
thevisi0nary

Quote:
This really should Just Work. Which banks are mapped on a particular track is stored within the Reaticulate JSFX along with the active articulations, and Track Templates preserve the FX chain, so this should work without having to do anything special.

The bank data itself isn't stored, but the reference to the bank MSB/LSB is stored, so maybe this has something to do with what you're seeing.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "they have to be reset each time"?
I am not sure what I was doing wrong but it's working fine now. Huh!

By the way.. I just was searching for a some sort of custom action or script to search tracks by name, and wouldn't you know I happen to find one made by none other than you! It is so helpful, thank you for all of the work that you do.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 AM   #213
meradium

Really cool plugin!!!

This made me jump over from my old DAW. Working great here so far. Will give the new version a spin later today.

Thanks so much for taking the time to develop this and sharing it with the Reaper community!
meradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 AM   #214
tack

Quote:
By the way.. I just was searching for a some sort of custom action or script to search tracks by name, and wouldn't you know I happen to find one made by none other than you!
Small world, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by meradium View Post
This made me jump over from my old DAW.
Wow, interesting! What was your previous DAW?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #215
Kitarraman

Quote:
Ouch! I'd have asked the question after the first hour

The next version will support injecting articulation changes into the MIDI item under the edit cursor by right clicking the articulation, so no step input will be needed anymore (though the current step input behavior will be preserved).
I did, I replied to a comment under the video (if I'm not wrong) and asked about it on the Reaper User Group on facebook. Well, what matters is that it's working now
Old 07-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #216
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
I did, I replied to a comment under the video (if I'm not wrong)
Sorry about that -- I try to reply to all questions via Youtube but sometimes the timing is bad and then it slips my mind. :/
Old 07-05-2018, 03:48 AM   #217
Kitarraman

Quote:
Sorry about that -- I try to reply to all questions via Youtube but sometimes the timing is bad and then it slips my mind. :/
Don't worry, it works now and I owe you big time! It's a fantastic articulation manager, way more customizable than BRSO Articulate and its GUI works just fine, while Articulate needs to be undocked every time I start the script.
Thank you again!
Old 07-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #218
meradium

Quote:
Small world, huh

Wow, interesting! What was your previous DAW?
Cubase 9.5. I am still struggling a bit to get everything up and running. But the scripting capabilities caught me eye.

My old template made extensive use of Cubase‘s expression maps feature. But I always missed the ability to set active articulations just by clicking. And setup sucked big time which usually meant I only did a quick and dirty initial setup.
meradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #219
K8ch

Default Thanks, Tack!

Quote:
...I'm doing a curated list of banks for the factory banks (what comes bundled with Reaticulate) and some users have made submissions for that (by opening an issue in the GitHub project). But longer term, some kind of Stash-like sharing system may well make sense, yeah. I'll keep it in mind....Cheers!

I am really looking forward to getting a handle on using this fabulous plugin.
I am pretty stumped, when it comes to customizing...so, I look forward to the GUI that may eventually be available.
So, this won't really be usable until someone creates articulations for the libraries I happen to own...but I'm optimistic!!

By the way...was hoping to simply select several notes in a passage, and make them all Staccato, with a single click...but I couldn't get it to do that.
Is there some kind of mouse modification, that would allow me to do that?
Am I doing something wrong?

Peace,

K8ch
Old 07-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #220
Jason Lyon

Tack.

I don't understand stash stuff. But my own contribution is linked.

Cinewinds Core, Kirk Hunter Concert Brass 2 and GPO5. All run together I'm afraid, but carefully commented, so splitting them out shouldn't be a problem.

They're not totally comprehensive, but they're solid and usable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re7eyfo4jj...eatic.txt?dl=0
Jason Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #221
tack

Quote:
By the way...was hoping to simply select several notes in a passage, and make them all Staccato, with a single click...but I couldn't get it to do that.
The program change MIDI events Reaticulate inserts into the MIDI item are decoupled from the notes themselves. This means the articulation change isn't really a property of the notes, but more about the edit cursor position.

It's similar to CCs in this way, where CCs used for performance are musically related to the notes above them but from a MIDI perspective they're separate. Reaper has an option to auto-select CCs under a note when you select a note to help this a bit. It doesn't do this with program changes. (It's on my to-do list to have an option where Reaticulate will autoselect the closest previous program change when a note is selected to mimic this same sort of behavior.)

Consequently, you manage your articulation changes (program change events) independently of the notes. You insert them at the edit cursor (right-clicking an articulation as of Reaticulate 0.2.0) and resposition them separately from notes.

Some people actually prefer it this way. I know of at least one Cubase user who hates how articulations are a property of the note.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #222
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lyon View Post
I don't understand stash stuff. But my own contribution is linked.
Thanks for your contribution here, Jason!

I've been contemplating a way to provide a means of users to share bank files like this in a way that integrates seamlessly with Reaticulate's UI. Previously I was thinking of the factory banks as a means of distributing a curated, consistent set of banks for various libraries. And I still may do this, but the quality standards are pretty strict, and truthfully not all libraries will lend themselves to this sort of thing.

While I figure out how to do this in a slick, integrated way in the UI, I'll probably just carve out a static section on the website that lists user contributions, which at least other users can use as a starting point for their own banks. I'll certainly include yours when I do this.

Thanks again for sharing!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #223
thevisi0nary

Just some reassurance for anyone using this. Making your own banks becomes really simple once you have done it a few times. Copy the source banks and then map them to the midi key numbers for whatever your keyswitches are assigned to. I don’t go beyond that so I can’t vouch for how hard that is, but this plugin has become so essential to my workflow.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #224
K8ch

Default Video tutorial possible?

Hi,

Your "introduction" to Reaticulate was really well done.
A little over my head, but no matter...I got a lot from it, I think.

Perhaps if someone has extra time on their hands, they might post a video tutorial on how to customize Reaticulate?
It would speed up the process of having many more articulation maps (is that the right word?) submitted, building up the # of libraries available.

For example, I have Vienna Symphony library that came w/Kontakt, as well as the "Best Service Complete Orchestra collection".
"Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection" is pretty darned good, but it's not all that popular so it might otherwise take a while for someone to get around to scripting it's articulations.
The point is, that if I knew how to do this, I'd be glad to share the ones I make.

In general, I really appreciate this Reaper community...so thanks, everyone!!!

Peace,

K8ch
Old 07-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #225
thevisi0nary

Hey Tack, just curious about something and I am sorry if this has already been covered somewhere. Would it be possible to make separate menus for different channels on the same track?

Say I have one kontakt instance, channel 1 is Symphonic Strings standard articulations, and channel 2 is decorative. Is there a way to have a separate channel for each one as I switch between channels?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #226
tack

Quote:
Say I have one kontakt instance, channel 1 is Symphonic Strings standard articulations, and channel 2 is decorative. Is there a way to have a separate channel for each one as I switch between channels?
Assuming you're referring to Spitfire here, these patches can actually coexist on the same channel. You just need to set the patches to "Locked to UACC." (This is required if you use the factory banks, anyway.) So you don't need to use separate MIDI channels for this example, and in the Reaticulate config for the track you can set the source channel of both to Omni.

Now supposing we were talking about a different library where the two patches you mentioned clearly conflicted with one another such that you were forced to put them on different channels -- for example, because they used the same keyswitches and couldn't be reassigned to avoid the conflict. So in Kontakt, you had the standard patch set to channel 1, and the decorative patch set to channel 2.

You actually have two options:

1. You do everything in channel 1 (for example) and let Reaticulate reroute to Kontakt on channel 1 or channel 2 depending on which articulation you have activated. In other words, let Reaticulate abstract away the details about which channel the Kontakt patches are set to and just do all your performance on a single channel. This is the easiest and most obvious way, but it only works as long as there's no overlap in the program numbers between the two banks.

2. You explicitly change MIDI channels in Reaper based on the articulation you want to activate (standard vs decorative). You need to keep track yourself of which bank is on which channel before you activate the articulation. This is more awkward than #1, but it would be necessary if you had the same program number listed in both banks: in this case Reaticulate can't know which one you want, so you need to disambiguate it by sending the program change on the right channel.

So in Reaticulate's track settings, for #1, you just set the source channel to Omni for both banks, and the target channel will be either 1 or 2 depending how the patch is set in Kontakt.

Meanwhile, for #2, you set the source channel to either 1 or 2 (depending on how they're assigned in Kontakt) and then you can set the target channel to the same (1 or 2), or just leave it set to Source, which just means that program changes coming in on channel 1 get routed to Kontakt on channel 1, and program changes on channel 2 get routed to Kontakt on channel 2.

Clear as mud? Hopefully you can just set your Spitfire patches to UACC and call it a day.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #227
thevisi0nary

Quote:
Assuming you're referring to Spitfire here, these patches can actually coexist on the same channel. You just need to set the patches to "Locked to UACC." (This is required if you use the factory banks, anyway.) So you don't need to use separate MIDI channels for this example, and in the Reaticulate config for the track you can set the source channel of both to Omni.

Now supposing we were talking about a different library where the two patches you mentioned clearly conflicted with one another such that you were forced to put them on different channels -- for example, because they used the same keyswitches and couldn't be reassigned to avoid the conflict. So in Kontakt, you had the standard patch set to channel 1, and the decorative patch set to channel 2.

You actually have two options:

1. You do everything in channel 1 (for example) and let Reaticulate reroute to Kontakt on channel 1 or channel 2 depending on which articulation you have activated. In other words, let Reaticulate abstract away the details about which channel the Kontakt patches are set to and just do all your performance on a single channel. This is the easiest and most obvious way, but it only works as long as there's no overlap in the program numbers between the two banks.

2. You explicitly change MIDI channels in Reaper based on the articulation you want to activate (standard vs decorative). You need to keep track yourself of which bank is on which channel before you activate the articulation. This is more awkward than #1, but it would be necessary if you had the same program number listed in both banks: in this case Reaticulate can't know which one you want, so you need to disambiguate it by sending the program change on the right channel.

So in Reaticulate's track settings, for #1, you just set the source channel to Omni for both banks, and the target channel will be either 1 or 2 depending how the patch is set in Kontakt.

Meanwhile, for #2, you set the source channel to either 1 or 2 (depending on how they're assigned in Kontakt) and then you can set the target channel to the same (1 or 2), or just leave it set to Source, which just means that program changes coming in on channel 1 get routed to Kontakt on channel 1, and program changes on channel 2 get routed to Kontakt on channel 2.

Clear as mud? Hopefully you can just set your Spitfire patches to UACC and call it a day.
Sorry I may be misinterpreting what you are saying. Another way for me to say it is - is it possible to have to separate banks on two different channels? So that I could see two separate lists of articulations depending on which channel I have selected. If you are already saying this I apologize for my ineptitude =(.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #228
tack

Quote:
Sorry I may be misinterpreting what you are saying. Another way for me to say it is - is it possible to have to separate banks on two different channels? So that I could see two separate lists of articulations depending on which channel I have selected.
It's possible to have banks on different channels this way (this option #2 in my earlier post) but Reaticulate doesn't show/hide which banks are visible on the track based on the currently selected channel.

(Technically it's possible, although I'm not really sure how it would work during playback. Should the bank(s) mapped to the current default channel stay visible with others hidden even if articulations are being activated on the other banks during playback?)
Old 07-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #229
sproost

Excellent update, thanks so much for all your work on this.
Especially being able to trigger articulations without opening the midi editor is gold!
sproost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #230
thevisi0nary

Quote:
It's possible to have banks on different channels this way (this option #2 in my earlier post) but Reaticulate doesn't show/hide which banks are visible on the track based on the currently selected channel.

(Technically it's possible, although I'm not really sure how it would work during playback. Should the bank(s) mapped to the current default channel stay visible with others hidden even if articulations are being activated on the other banks during playback?)
Thank you I’m gonna play around with this.

Hmmmm. In my humble opinion, I think it would be best to toggle reaticulate channel/bank visibility independently, since it is mostly important during editing. Just my opinion!
Old 07-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #231
tack

Quote:
Hmmmm. In my humble opinion, I think it would be best to toggle reaticulate channel/bank visibility independently, since it is mostly important during editing. Just my opinion!
It's possible, but how would you want that to work during playback?

i.e. if your current default channel is set to 2, so only banks assigned to channel 2 are visible, but during playback there's a program change on channel 1. Should it just stay hidden (so from the UI perspective it looks like no articulation is currently selected)? Or should it infer that it should only show banks on channel 1 now? In the latter case, steadily switching between articulations on channel 1 and channel 2 would create a visual cacophony.

Or perhaps when transport is playing, show all banks, and when stopped, only show the banks on the default channel?
Old 07-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #232
thevisi0nary

Quote:
It's possible, but how would you want that to work during playback?

i.e. if your current default channel is set to 2, so only banks assigned to channel 2 are visible, but during playback there's a program change on channel 1. Should it just stay hidden (so from the UI perspective it looks like no articulation is currently selected)? Or should it infer that it should only show banks on channel 1 now? In the latter case, steadily switching between articulations on channel 1 and channel 2 would create a visual cacophony.

Or perhaps when transport is playing, show all banks, and when stopped, only show the banks on the default channel?
I think having it only show the selected channel (independent from midi channel) could work. This way, if you only use the second channel once in awhile you wouldn't need to have it visible unless you want to use it.

Maybe something like this.

Another cool idea could be (if its possible) to have the option to sync the reaticulate channel visibility with whichever midi input or midi channel you currently have selected on the track or midi editor. I set up reaper to be able to change midi input channel and midi channel in sync with a shortcut, i.e - so I press ctrl+shift+2 and it sets the track midi input to 2 for my keybaord and the midi editor I have open to channel 2, could be cool if it also changes the reaticulate channel visibility to 2 as well.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:07 AM   #233
Vagalume

Tack, thanks so much for this update. It is great that you are working on something that nowadays should be in Reaper natively. It is great but ... it is a little sad too.
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #234
daeavelwyn

Default Thanks

Just want to say you really thank you for your work ! Still hard to create map for me but once it's done, it really same a lot of time !
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #235
PrimeEagle

Is there a way to change the volume/velocity when changing articulations, for example to make pizzicato quieter than arco?
PrimeEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #236
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeEagle View Post
Is there a way to change the volume/velocity when changing articulations, for example to make pizzicato quieter than arco?
Assuming your VI responds to CC7, you could chain a CC7 event to the articulation's output event list to set the appropriate volume.

Some patches, such as those from Spitfire, allow CC11 to control the volume for all articulations (including shorts), so this would probably be preferable to CC7.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #237
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
Tack, thanks so much for this update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
Just want to say you really thank you for your work !
Thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:14 AM   #238
G-Sun

This looks very interesting.

I bought Soundiron Voices of Rapture
the other day,
and it's a combination of patches on different midi-channels and articulations within those patches.
Then, it's attack, release etc on each patch.

Can Reaticulate handle all of this?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #239
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
it's a combination of patches on different midi-channels and articulations within those patches.
Then, it's attack, release etc on each patch.

Can Reaticulate handle all of this?
Without knowing the specifics I can't say for sure but I'd say it's highly likely, yes. You can define articulations to route to multiple arbitrary channels, and to optionally send any of those channels arbitrary MIDI to trigger changes on the patches listening there.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:03 AM   #240
G-Sun

Quote:
Without knowing the specifics I can't say for sure but I'd say it's highly likely, yes. You can define articulations to route to multiple arbitrary channels, and to optionally send any of those channels arbitrary MIDI to trigger changes on the patches listening there.
I'll give it a go,
setting up a Reabank file according to your (excellent) documentation.

This could solve my needs for being able to replace the notes from external score, but keep all articulation-mapping.

This UACC SPEC, how generic is this implemented?
I see no support for vocal-lib specific things there like choosing wovel.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote