Old 09-01-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
Sweetfoot
Human being with feelings

Default Finally a cure for MCU backlight death

There’s a guy on reverb who is selling third party replacement screens for the Mackie MCU, MCU-xt, and C4 with LED backlights (not electroluminescent backlights like the original screen). They have much better contrast than the original screens, and apparently do not fade over time. You can find his listing by searching for “LUX PMVA LED display upgrade”. They are plug and play with no soldering, I put them in my MCU and MCU-xt in about an hour, and I’m really excited about how they look.
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfoot View Post
There’s a guy on reverb who is selling third party replacement screens for the Mackie MCU, MCU-xt, and C4 with LED backlights (not electroluminescent backlights like the original screen). They have much better contrast than the original screens, and apparently do not fade over time. You can find his listing by searching for “LUX PMVA LED display upgrade”. They are plug and play with no soldering, I put them in my MCU and MCU-xt in about an hour, and I’m really excited about how they look.
Great news, I had to let an MCU pro, XT, and C4 go about 5 years ago because of those backlight problems...
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
rothchild

Yeah, they're pretty good and the chap that sells them is really helpful and know's his way around the stuff he's selling. Given that they're basically the same price as the official replacement it would already be a no-brainer but the other element is that they involve the removal of the other part of an MCU that can be a real pain, (the inverter on the power supply) so they are actually a total win!

Here's mine working in the wild already

rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote