Old 12-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
daniellumertz
Human being with feelings

Default Double and Half Midi note

Hi so there is already some thread about this on this forum but what I tried that they say havent work out ( and the post was getting a little old )

So if I have a pattern a melody whatever written on the pianoroll of the midi and I want to make it bigger or smaller in porpotion ( without changing the other notes in the piano roll ( removing the possibility of streatching the midi file ) like twice bigger, or triple it or make half of it etc.... How do I do?

I tried an action "Double lengh of midi " but it doesent work and have mesed around my project (like a dont have a time selection any more ) ( is there a bug with this action? ) fortunately, i had a backup hehehe.

I have too tried selecting notes and go to the menu notes Propeties ( ctrl f2 ) and multiplies *x position and lenght *x it WORK but it put multiplying the position of the pattern, and that now ist a problem but if i were like in the measuer 100 and wanted to multiply something like a melody that has 4 measure to make it on 8 it would go to measure 200 and I would have to get it back to 100 ( I know is not a LOT of work but I really would like to just multiply and dont have to do something more )

So any tips?
I have SWS extensions

Thanks Daniel Lumertz
Sorry my english still learning it !
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
ashcat_lt

I'm interested in seeing other ideas, but I honestly think it's easiest to make those things separate items - if even temporarily.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Michael AD

I agree with Ashcat...

I would copy the notes you want to change to a new clip in a new midi track.

Then you could hold the ALT key at the right end of the new clip and use the mouse to adjust the size - stretch it, shrink it, etc.

Once you have it to your liking, then you can copy it back into your original track.
Michael AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
daniellumertz

if is to just use alt so just select the notes in the piano roll and alt them and stratch! no need to copy and new tracks! but a button with option of aumentation would be good
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
if is to just use alt so just select the notes in the piano roll and alt them and stratch! no need to copy and new tracks! but a button with option of aumentation would be good
and...

select the notes you want to alter...
and call up the midi ed. filter and use the button to 'set filter from selection'
than have it enabled so you only see those notes and can use cntrl A to select them all...

now also if I read you right you want to turn loop source off in the properties for that midi item so that if you stretch beyond the edge of the item you don't create a loop
Old 01-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #6
FnA

ReaScript can do it. Maybe there are some others floating around, but mpl has some in ReaPack.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #7
vanhaze

Script: mpl_Stretch selected MIDI notes positions by custom x.lua . (this Action provides user input of stretch value)

Script: mpl_Stretch selected MIDI notes positions by x0.5.lua
Script: mpl_Stretch selected MIDI notes positions by x2.lua

Available, indeed, in ReaPack.

All kudos to mpl !!
Old 09-09-2018, 07:06 AM   #8
richardj

Please will someone explain how to do this specifically? Like what menu to click to access this 'reapack'
richardj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #9
mikenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardj View Post
Please will someone explain how to do this specifically? Like what menu to click to access this 'reapack'
Check you have the Reapack extensions installed opening the Extensions option off the Main Menu. Reapack is part of the installation - full details are here:
https://reapack.com/
Reapack should appear as the last item in the Extensions list and to ensure you have the up to date versions of these scripts, highlight Reapack and run the synchronize option.This will ensure you have the latest versions of the scripts
Go to the Actions Menu off the main menu
Select Midi Editor from the section box dropdown.
Type "stretch" in the filter field and you should see the three scripts ready to run when selected appropriately when you need to apply it to a midi track.
mikenz is offline   Reply With Quote