Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
brizola
Human being with feelings

Default 3 things to make Reaper perfect

Hi!
I have been testing Reaper and it proved to be an amazing daw, it's everything you read here and outside this forum before you try it and even more while you're using it. There are just a few things to make it, in my opinion of course, perfect.

1. No split when loop recording: If you select "splits existing items and creates new takes" all takes are splitted wherever recording started (for instance in the middle of the loop), then you have 2 parts of the same take instead of 1 full take of the loop. And if you select "created new media items in separate lanes" you get the full loop with no split but no takes, and this makes choosing the best recording a pain. Maybe a combination of the two modes? Also, the "free item positioning" option is very interesting but, again, there are no takes when this is selected, just lanes, so you have to mute every lane to choose the one you like.

2. Separated takes instead of "glued" ones. I can't figure how to move/copy/whatever just a take and not the entire group of takes.

3. Alter project lenght (in time) so when you zoom out completely you just see what you want to see. I mean, if I have a song that yesterday was 5 minutes long but today is just 3, I don't know how to reduce the timeline to that 3 minutes.

Maybe it's possible to do this things now, but I have looked and found no way; for me Reaper it would be so perfect then.

Anyway, I'm staying with Reaper, as it is a wonderful tool; Hi everyone and thank you!
brizola is offline   Reply With Quote