COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
1969iggy
Human being with feelings

Default Desk for Midi Keyboard / software to help kids learn.

OK, maybe not the right place to ask but...

I have a full sized keyboard that i want to integrate into a computer desk so my kids can play the keyboard while some yet to be determined software helps them learn how to play. Obviously, this will have to be a very wide desk, and have to accomodate a computer keyboard (and mouse) and an actual keyboard on different levels and still have someplace to put the computer and monitor (or at least teh monitor, the computer could be off to the side on another desk).

Does such a monster exist?

Aslo, Can anyone recomend which software would work well with a midi keyboard?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
jayvo86
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969iggy View Post
OK, maybe not the right place to ask but...

I have a full sized keyboard that i want to integrate into a computer desk so my kids can play the keyboard while some yet to be determined software helps them learn how to play. Obviously, this will have to be a very wide desk, and have to accomodate a computer keyboard (and mouse) and an actual keyboard on different levels and still have someplace to put the computer and monitor (or at least teh monitor, the computer could be off to the side on another desk).

Does such a monster exist?

Aslo, Can anyone recomend which software would work well with a midi keyboard?
Argosy Console has some nice desks that accomodate what your looking for...but they cost a few dollars. You can also look on Sweetwater for some nice desks.

As far as what is good for you keyboard...it's basically anything that can be controller via midi. It honestly just depends on what you want to control.