Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #121
Sju
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Holding SHIFT ignores the blacklist now

Also added the 4-pole band splitter/joiner as a separate thingamabob (by popular request). It's much steeper than the default providing sharper band separation.
Cheers! BandSplitter working nicely. One little bug though where the solo/mute state resets on playback start. I also can't find the BandJoiner in the Fx Browser, even though ReaPack downloaded the .jsfx file :P

By the way, is it intentional in Filter that you can't un-blacklist the default-blacklisted filters like "[LP Waveshaped (dangerous)]"? If I unblacklist it, then change the filter type, it gets blacklisted again.

Another thing, would it make sense to save the blacklists as global state instead of in the preset state? Say, you create a bunch of presets, but later on notice that you don't ever use one of the filter/waveshaper options and want to blacklist it. Then you'd have to go through each preset one-by-one adding that blacklist entry and saving the presets again.

Then again someone might want to create a preset where the only a couple of the dropdown entries are available as different flavors that work with the specific preset, so per-preset blacklist would be handy there.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for the updates!
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #122
ErBird

Quote:
It should be consistent independent of the level of oversampling.

If you however do not want this, you can change the lines:

Code:
ya = max( xL, rt * ya + (1.0-rt) * xL );
yL = at * yL + (1.0-at) * ya;
To:
Code:
yL = rt * yL + (1-rt) * mx;
Are you sure this shouldn't be
yL = rt * yL + (1-rt) * xL;
?
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #123
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBird View Post
Are you sure this shouldn't be
yL = rt * yL + (1-rt) * xL;
?
Yep, should be xL, sorry.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:30 AM   #124
Eliseat

Quote:
Was there over the weekend actually. Went to see Dara O'Briain at the Tanzbrunnen. And got sunburnt
Ah, didn't get it the first time. So you actually were in Cologne?
Its not the most beautiful city but offers a lot of events like Karneval etc. But that's cool: My city got visited by the great personality, the Reaper forum star, Sai'ke. Hope you enjoyed it. Though I don't know who Dara O'Briain actually is. Looks like a comedian.

By the way, I got sun burnt too but yesterday.

Greetings
Eli
Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #125
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Ah, didn't get it the first time. So you actually were in Cologne?
Yus.

Quote:
Its not the most beautiful city but offers a lot of events like Karneval etc. But that's cool: My city got visited by the great personality, the Reaper forum star, Sai'ke. Hope you enjoyed it. Though I don't know who Dara O'Briain actually is. Looks like a comedian.
It was pretty nice.

And bahaha. More like buggy plugin builder

He's quite funny, but definitely more suited to a bit of a nerdy audience. He has quite a sharp wit and always involves the audience a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVxOb8-d7Ic

It was quite funny seeing him react to a German audience actually. Something you usually don't see on the DVDs

Quote:
By the way, I got sun burnt too but yesterday.
Yes, it seems the weather is finally picking up!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #126
sai'ke

Old 06-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #127
daxliniere

Hmmm...
You have our attention.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:52 AM   #128
sai'ke

It's a non-linear reverb plug with some internal spectral shifting for some unusually colored reverb

Mostly meant for scary effects.

There's also an integrated envelope generator, which can be used to tune its envelope. Its peak detection is driven by the dry signal; but modulates the reverb. In this way, it can be used to give basses a bit more width/presence.

Two test clips:
https://instaud.io/3Lb3
https://instaud.io/3Lb4
Old 06-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #129
foxAsteria

Ooooh, I like those reverb samples!
Old 06-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #130
todd_r

Sounds like horror films
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #131
Eliseat

Quote:

Sai'ke, you ...

At least for five minutes I couldn't stop laughing about the name SatanVerb. This is so straight and silly that its actually the funniest name of a plugin I have ever heard of.

Its just because I imagine something like a death metal guitarist in tight leggins and with long hair trying to make his guitar sounding more devilish. With SatanVerb! This would be already a funny skit.

Believe me. No one will ever forget about this plugin. Because Satan ... - you know, he will make sure.

By the way. The sound is surprisingly good especially to give deep elements a nice tail. The shift default (double click) leads to an octave down instead to the "shift off" state in the middle. The CPU load is quite a bit. On my machine about 2.1 %. But as always. Its a very cool and usable Sai'ke plugin. And I really love all those little gifts from you.

Many thanks
Eli
Old 06-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #132
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Very nice !
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #133
Sju

Quote:
It's a non-linear reverb plug with some internal spectral shifting for some unusually colored reverb

Mostly meant for scary effects.

There's also an integrated envelope generator, which can be used to tune its envelope. Its peak detection is driven by the dry signal; but modulates the reverb. In this way, it can be used to give basses a bit more width/presence.

Two test clips:
https://instaud.io/3Lb3
https://instaud.io/3Lb4
Nice sounding stuff reminds me a bit of this, except that that only does pitch-up.

EDIT: this sounds very nice! I actually needed this kind of reverb for a player death SFX I'm currently making, so, excellent timing cheers!

(PS. seems there's a bug where LPF and HPF only affect L and R channels respectively)

Last edited by Sju; 06-03-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:10 AM   #134
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post

(PS. seems there's a bug where LPF and HPF only affect L and R channels respectively)
Yes, that's true. Something is wrong with the channels there.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:33 AM   #135
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Sai'ke, you ...

At least for five minutes I couldn't stop laughing about the name SatanVerb. This is so straight and silly that its actually the funniest name of a plugin I have ever heard of.

Quote:
By the way. The sound is surprisingly good especially to give deep elements a nice tail. The shift default (double click) leads to an octave down instead to the "shift off" state in the middle. The CPU load is quite a bit. On my machine about 2.1 %. But as always. Its a very cool and usable Sai'ke plugin. And I really love all those little gifts from you.
I'll fix the defaults in the next update when I get home. In my excitement I actually forgot to set those sensibly.

There are still some things I can do to improve performance a bit, although it will always be on the expensive side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sju
Nice sounding stuff reminds me a bit of this, except that that only does pitch-up.
Thanks. I love the atlantisverb. I think that one also works via FFT algorithms actually; but we differ in some ways other than just the pitch.

Yeah sorry, I must have been getting tired (the LP and HP were a last minute thing when I was running out of weekend ).

If you want to fix it now, download and overwrite with this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...SatanVerb.jsfx

It also has two performance optimizations that I meant to do already.

I'll update it on reapack tonight (don't have it installed on this laptop).
Old 06-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #136
sai'ke

Alright, bugfix for LPF/HPF was pushed.

And added more sensible defaults for the knobs.

Also added various optimizations. On my machine that took it down from 4% to 2.3%, but results may vary.

Oh, just out of curiosity, is the default RPL loading?
Old 06-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #137
Eliseat

Quote:
Alright, bugfix for LPF/HPF was pushed.

And added more sensible defaults for the knobs.

Also added various optimizations. On my machine that took it down from 4% to 2.3%, but results may vary.

Oh, just out of curiosity, is the default RPL loading?
Yeah! CPU dropped from 2.1 - 2.4 to 1.4 - 1.7.
Bugs are fixed. Mouse over information is there.

Well done Mr. Sai'ke!

Old 06-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #138
sai'ke

Good to hear

- Added envelope visualization.
Should try it on a bass or something where you just want some extra width. Set the envelope relatively tight and you'll hear that the verb can actually make it feel tighter, rather than more loose.

- Added lag compensation (it's the button next to dry/wet).

- Moved some sliders into the UI.

- Suppress the flare effects when the UI is compact.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 AM   #139
Eliseat

Quote:
Good to hear

- Added envelope visualization.
Should try it on a bass or something where you just want some extra width. Set the envelope relatively tight and you'll hear that the verb can actually make it feel tighter, rather than more loose.

- Added lag compensation (it's the button next to dry/wet).

- Moved some sliders into the UI.

- Suppress the flare effects when the UI is compact.

Will take a look later.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #140
Yidneth

Wow, thank you so much,

My partner HeDa has installed the JSFX pack and I'm loving the SatanVerb and all its holy (unholy) eeriness... Been humming and chanting a while and torturing poor Heda's ears but it's so much fun! and considering my style is slightly "haunting" sometimes it's perfect.

pd. HeDa had to manually to import the .rpl preset file, not sure it it should detect automatically but it's all good now

oh... gonna go on a little while,
may do a video snippet for fun! :*
It's been a while since I posted on the forum here but felt compelled to log in (and find my password haha) to say THANK YOU

Pris
Yidneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #141
sai'ke

Thanks for the kind words

I'm glad it is useful.

I'd be interested in hearing what you come up with if you're willing to share it!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #142
foxAsteria

(un)Holy crap, SatanVerb can do backwards tails?! Awesome!

If I may make a couple suggestions though (you know me...), maybe a better place for the envelope display would be below the knobs, so it could be nice and big and also take advantage of the interesting graphical stuff hidden down there.

Maybe you could even do a little box area for the tooltips like in Filther. Currently they take kinda long to appear and the text is extra tiny.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:28 AM   #143
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Nice, thank you Sai'ke !
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #144
Yidneth

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words

I'm glad it is useful.

I'd be interested in hearing what you come up with if you're willing to share it!

Sure I will, one of the little experiments is staying in a new track so will let you know when it's out, I felt tempted of doing a little instagram story but then I wouldn't know how to upload it here. It was fun. And I still need to investigate someone mentioning the reverse tails, I absolutely adore reverse reverb fx, after all some of my songs tend to be "eerie" XD so for me it's absolutely perfect. Plus I like the sparkles XD hahaha

Seriously I had not posted around since three or four years ago. It's always HeDa he knows more about all the tech things around but felt like saying thanks myself because oh my I had so much fun!
Yidneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #145
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidneth View Post
Sure I will, one of the little experiments is staying in a new track so will let you know when it's out, I felt tempted of doing a little instagram story but then I wouldn't know how to upload it here. It was fun. And I still need to investigate someone mentioning the reverse tails, I absolutely adore reverse reverb fx, after all some of my songs tend to be "eerie" XD so for me it's absolutely perfect. Plus I like the sparkles XD hahaha

Seriously I had not posted around since three or four years ago. It's always HeDa he knows more about all the tech things around but felt like saying thanks myself because oh my I had so much fun!
Ah, you could just post the link here, or wouldn't that work?

And awesome, I would like that! I checked out your youtube earlier and I was quite impressed.

In other news, I decided to add a linear phase mode to the bandsplitter. For those cases where you do need the phase relations to be preserved. The slopes are the same as for the regular crossover filters (24 dB/oct). Note however, that it has latency and that in that mode, automating the bands is not recommended in FIR mode as it will cause crackles. It will take a little while before I'm at my reapack-index computer, so until then, a direct link here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...dSplitter.jsfx

Last edited by sai'ke; 06-22-2019 at 05:03 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #146
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju
Cheers! BandSplitter working nicely. One little bug though where the solo/mute state resets on playback start. I also can't find the BandJoiner in the Fx Browser, even though ReaPack downloaded the .jsfx file :P
Both these issues should be fixed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju
Another thing, would it make sense to save the blacklists as global state instead of in the preset state? Say, you create a bunch of presets, but later on notice that you don't ever use one of the filter/waveshaper options and want to blacklist it. Then you'd have to go through each preset one-by-one adding that blacklist entry and saving the presets again.
I don't know how to be honest

===

I had some time on the train home so I made this new plug. You can find it under Reflectosaurus.

Features 10 delay lines with feedback and LP and HP filter for each. Also smoothly interpolates as you move them (giving it a bit of a tape effect).

Can find it on the repo, but mind you, I may still change things drastically.

Temposync is planned. Solo/mute are planned. Optional saturation is planned. Optional pitch flutter is planned.

Changelogs:
- First commits reflectosaurus.
- Store mute/solo status for bandsplitter.
- Make sure bandjoiner ships with bandsplitter on reapack now.
- Added drive panning to squashman.

Last edited by sai'ke; 06-25-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #147
Regisfofo

incredible man, I really like your plugs!! Thank you so much!!!
Regisfofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #148
heda

The tape effect in Reflectosaurus is very cool
Train coding... So good

@yidneth has been torturing me at the studio with satanverb all the time now haha.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #149
Sju

Quote:
Both these issues should be fixed now
Thanks!
Quote:
I don't know how to be honest
that's a first

Anyway, cheers for updates and new stuff! After a bit of life stuff I hopefully get to put it to good use again.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #150
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
incredible man, I really like your plugs!! Thank you so much!!!
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
The tape effect in Reflectosaurus is very cool
Train coding... So good

@yidneth has been torturing me at the studio with satanverb all the time now haha.
Hahaha, I'm so sorry

Glad it's enjoyed though.

Quote:
Anyway, cheers for updates and new stuff! After a bit of life stuff I hopefully get to put it to good use again.
I hope not bad stuff! Hope you're alright!

Changelog reflectosaurus:
- Added tempo-sync options
- Added multi-select

I'm sorry but for the first I had to change the internal storage format of the nodes so that stuff in range would mostly be preserved when switching. I'll try not to change it again!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #151
sai'ke

Changelog reflectosaurus:
Added mute/solo options (multi-select, then hit M or S to toggle Mute / Solo).

Note that muting disables the sound processing in a node completely and lowers CPU significantly. Solo'ing however continues to process sound in the disabled nodes (so that you don't get a weird transition when it's reactivated).
Old 06-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #152
sai'ke

Changelog reflectosaurus
- Added option to send feedbacks from one node to another. This allows for much more elaborate delay structures. Note that the send is performed before the feedback gain is applied, but after the filters of the from node. Panning is also applied. The arc along the send arrow indicates the gain of the send.
- Added a reverb node (red node) to reflectosaurus. Mute this (M) when you're not using it as it is quite CPU hungry on its own already.

As always, mute what you're not using, since otherwise it's just burning off CPU.

Here's a small youtube of the routing. It doesn't have the reverb node in there yet. As you can see in the video, you can have a few nodes that have little volume by themselves (low on the y-axis), but which still send to other nodes.

With the reverb node you can get pretty lush reverbs:
https://instaud.io/3SRO

First two notes are dry, then wet.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:01 AM   #153
Sju

Quote:
I hope not bad stuff! Hope you're alright!
Thank you Nah, just some real life refactoring.

Reflectosaurus coming along nicely! This is some outside-the-box stuff for sure; really excited for this
Old 06-30-2019, 06:51 AM   #154
sai'ke

Quote:
Thank you Nah, just some real life refactoring.

Reflectosaurus coming along nicely! This is some outside-the-box stuff for sure; really excited for this
I guess that needs to happen sometimes too. Hope you're well, and thanks, hopefully it won't disappoint!

Reflectosaurus v0.09 - Because non-linearities make life interesting.
Changelog
- Added rectification option.
- Added pingpong option.
- Improved buffer handling.
- Interpolate volume now as well (less crackle).
- Allow modification of direct input volume (scrollwheel). Use this if you want a node to only listen to things being sent to the node rather than also receive from the input.
- Added some more presets which demonstrate how to achieve certain effects.

The direct input volume control allows you to make some more floaty sounds now too. Basically, you have a bunch of delay at audible y, but not taking direct input. Instead, they take input from other nodes that take inputs from other nodes (which themselves are not audible until they get to the audible node). This creates a fairly rich atmosphere; especially when syncopated.
Example: https://instaud.io/3SZq

Last edited by sai'ke; 06-30-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:10 PM   #155
Eliseat

Quote:
I guess that needs to happen sometimes too. Hope you're well, and thanks, hopefully it won't disappoint!

Reflectosaurus v0.09 - Because non-linearities make life interesting.
Changelog
- Added rectification option.
- Added pingpong option.
- Improved buffer handling.
- Interpolate volume now as well (less crackle).
- Allow modification of direct input volume (scrollwheel). Use this if you want a node to only listen to things being sent to the node rather than also receive from the input.
- Added some more presets which demonstrate how to achieve certain effects.

The direct input volume control allows you to make some more floaty sounds now too. Basically, you have a bunch of delay at audible y, but not taking direct input. Instead, they take input from other nodes that take inputs from other nodes (which themselves are not audible until they get to the audible node). This creates a fairly rich atmosphere; especially when syncopated.
Example: https://instaud.io/3SZq
Holy Banana,

that is pretty awesome, Sai'ke. The problem is, I actually can't do anything here because my laptop is about to die. I will see if I can take a closer look at my workplace tomorrow.

Greetings from a very, very hot Cologne with the tendency to cool down finally.

Eli
Old 06-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #156
sai'ke

No rush. The tool is not going anywhere

I made a little infographic as means of tutorial (apologies for the horrid colors).

Last edited by sai'ke; 06-30-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:27 AM   #157
Regisfofo

Reflectosaurus sound really nice and is easy to use! Thank you!

What is a rectified node ?
Regisfofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:22 AM   #158
Reflected

wow!!!! outstanding!
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:10 AM   #159
Eliseat

This is - again - a lot of fun to play with. Even the simplest ideas offer absolutely unexpected results. It seems your brain is weird enough to produce one unique thing (as you call them) after another.

Well done, Sai'ke! I love it.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #160
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
What is a rectified node ?
It takes the absolute of the signal followed by filtering out the DC component. Basically a distortion that removes the root frequencies coming in and replaces them with 2x and some extra harmonics above that.

Octavers do something similar, except then follow it with a lowpass.

Also, thanks peeps