Old 03-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
reapercurious
Human being with feelings

Default Genesis Pro working ok?

I'm just curious how the new Ummet Ozcan 1 euro synth is working out for anybody who is using it on Reaper. I'm traveling now and not near my windows system but I was looking forward to this synth ever since the first version ten years ago or whatever. Long story short, it's 32 bit synthedit and I'm just dying to know if any of you got it and more importantly, is it working with Reaper ok.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
Jorgen

It works over here. Heavy plug with long loading time. Read the install instructions.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:16 AM   #3
vanhaze

32bit only and no mac version AFAIK; makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
mutex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
It works over here. Heavy plug with long loading time. Read the install instructions.
Yeah, but does it work or does it "work" for you?

For me it "works". The cracking noise and complete sound interruption on the "LD Trance Legacy" preset for example makes it completely unusable for me.

Try booting it up on a fresh instance and hitting 10 keys at the same time on this preset.
mutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutex View Post
Try booting it up on a fresh instance and hitting 10 keys at the same time on this preset.
Tried it and you're absolutely right. What a shitty day.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
ThatBluFlame

mine just doesn't work at all, its just a white page when clicking UI it shows the individual parameters.

EDIT: it does work for me now i just had to use reaper in admin mode

Last edited by ThatBluFlame; 03-15-2020 at 03:56 PM.
ThatBluFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #7
Panoptes

I can't even get it to install.
Panoptes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #8
DVDouglas
Banned

Hello, I have tried Genesis Pro in Imac and I can say that it has worked perfectly well for me. I think it is very good and provides the desired results. I recommend it
DVDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #9
Bioloco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
Me neither i tried everything but you don't show up after the scan, instead the other one comes in if I don't understand anything...

Someone can help???
Bioloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #10
ErBird

SynthEdit 1.1 in 2020? Just bizarre.
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:24 AM   #11
reapercurious

i don't really want it in a project right now, because it has the error message "get a license" when I already have the license installed, known issue but still.

the developer Ummet Ozcan has been silent lately, hopefully that means he's communing with the Gods to manifest a coded version because he has the most important ingredient to any creative project, a vision and a proof of concept. Also the original sounded good. I mean I'd still use the CM version today because it is surprisingly good. Genesis Pro still has my attention because of that.

It's not obvious to me how the oscillators or generators work yet, need to spend some time to go through it and figure it out, I'm glad I bought a license but I'm going to wait until a more stable and mature version before I can rely on it.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:37 AM   #12
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
And I lost it somehow, don't know if it was a Reaper update or something else. Clear cache and re-scan saw the genesis dll, but it didn't show up in the plugin window. A member at KVR solved it for me with this trick:

Genesis installs by default to program files(86), Steinberg, vst. There are two files, the dll and another one (I don't know what it does, but is essential for the plug to work). Move these files to a new folder (I moved them to C, Genesis Pro), boot up Reaper and add the new folder to the vst scan in preferences. Do a re-scan and Reaper will find it.

That worked. It also reduced the plug's loading time. It's worth a try if you have similar problems.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:38 AM   #13
Panoptes

New Genesis update appears to have installed okay but I'm unable to find it (or it's not loading) in Reaper...

Is it supposed to have a standalone exe file or, once installed, is that it?

I've added C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisPro to the VST scanning folder but nope.

So frustrating.

ETA: so I tried the DLL folder in Genesis and that seemed to work but now the UI window opens but shows nothing (black screen) - as if the video card can't display it. What a mess.

ETA2: Alright so I reloaded and now it seems to work okay. It's dreadfully crackly though. Pop-tastic. Some nice sounds but the program needs work.

Last edited by Panoptes; 05-07-2020 at 06:03 AM.
Panoptes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:13 AM   #14
Jorgen

Installed the update and so far so good. Listened to all the presets, no crackles (my laptop is three years old, nothing fancy). It's a little lighter on the cpu, it seems.

In the plugin browser, there's something called GenesisPlus, have no idea what it is, if you load it it's just a blank gui doing nothing, it's a bit confusing. One must look for the entry called GenesisPro, which is the proper plug.

Very nice sounds indeed, but still unstable/buggy. I had a preset going and looped a section, and Genesis' timing started to drift.