Old 10-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
parametric
Human being with feelings

Default .reabank file for the Alesis Fusion

Hi Guys,

I have just uploaded this file (Fusion ROM Banks.reabank) which I have made, to the Reaper Stash . . .

This is a work in progress which I will update in due course. It contains so far ROM Preset 1, ROM Preset 2, ROM Preset 3 and ROM Preset 4 - a total of 512 Voices (Programs in FusionSpeak)in the FOUR BANKS. I shall add the others at some point.

There is no MIDI DATA FORMAT published for the Fusion that I know of.

Further ROM Banks are (ELECTRONICA) (SYNTH DRUMS) (MORE) and (GM)

The ROM also contains (SPLIT-LAYER) and (GROOVE-MIX) Banks, but I'm not sure how these may be accessed.

It IS probable that the Hard Disk-based BANKS can also be included. Many are available both FREE and BOUGHT. Since all Fusions will vary in this respect - it is probably best for users to look at my file as a guide - and add the banks they have installed on THEIR Fusions - if required.

I would WELCOME feedback from users who are experienced with Reaper, that this file behaves as expected . . .

My own experience is NOT great in this area.

Best Regards

parametric
Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
parametric
Human being with feelings

Default Fusion 6/8HD .reabank file - update

I have just made some additions to the .reabank file for the 6/8HD for use in Reaper . . . . .

For now, It has the principal ROM Based Banks only . . .

Preset 1
Preset 2
Preset 3
Preset 4
ELECTRONICA
SYNTH DRUM
MORE
GM

totalling 963 "Programs"

It is PROBABLY possible to add the HD-based banks as well, but there are a huge number - and every Fusion will be different as regards these.

Certain things are also unclear - as the Fusion's MIDI DATA FORMAT was never published. So Bank switching details LSB and MSB have to be guessed . . . . ( and I'm no great expert anyway . . . )

I BELIEVE that it can be done by OBSERVING the order the banks are in when you view the list ON THE FUSION, i.e. hunting through the banks trying to find a program . . . . and I believe that if the .reabank file LISTS the BANKS IN THAT ORDER - it may work.

There are also Groove-layer and Split-layer Banks, in ROM, but due to the lack of information, I can't get my head around how these may be called up.

This ORDER is also NOT CONSTANT between Fusions - (I'm talking HD-based banks here . . ) as it is determined by what order you loaded new Banks.

PRESET 5 is a HD-Based Bank that would be nice to add - but it depends WHERE IT IS in the list on YOUR Fusion.

I initially added the first FOUR Banks (Presets 1,2,3 and 4) - and tried it in Reaper and it seemed to work.

I've now added the others - but have yet to actually try them in Reaper . . . .

My best advice is to take my file and open it (Notepad or Notepad++ is good), and add HD banks ACCORDING TO THE ORDER THEY APPEAR ON YOUR FUSION . . . . Just look at how I have done it and follow on.

If you notice, the LSB and MSB I've used are the SAME NUMBER . . . .

This is done because Alesis stated they had altered the Fusion such that EITHER would do a bank change.

I tried it with BOTH numbers the same - and it seemed to work . . . .

I guess it should not be difficult to translate the .reabank file to produce something useable in OTHER DAWS if required . . . .

Hope it proves useful, anyhow . . . .

I have updated the file in the Stash

parametric