Old 07-08-2019, 04:55 AM   #1
nofish
Human being with feelings

Default v5.979+dev0707 - July 7 2019

v5.979+dev0707 - July 7 2019

+ MIDI editor: handle converting multiple events between 2-byte and 3-byte messages [p=2154933]
+ MIDI editor: support copy/pasting events between CC lanes and channel pressure lane [p=2154852]
+ macOS: fix system Services menu [p=2150593]
# Metal: option in prefs/general/advanced to use Metal for track panels when FX are embedded

Full changelog / Latest pre-releases
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post

+ MIDI editor: handle converting multiple events between 2-byte and 3-byte messages [p=2154933]
+ MIDI editor: support copy/pasting events between CC lanes and channel pressure lane [p=2154852]

With the new improvements in midi CC lanes would it be possible to copy events from midi editor cc lanes to envelope lanes?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:17 AM   #3
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:

Thanks for this, Justin!
Soli Deo Gloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:24 AM   #4
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELE View Post
With the new improvements in midi CC lanes would it be possible to copy events from midi editor cc lanes to envelope lanes?
with SWS (MIDI Editor action section):
SWS/BR: Convert selected CC events in active item to linear envelope points in selected envelope (and some variations of it)

doesn't copy into automation items currently though
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #5
DANIELE

Quote:
with SWS (MIDI Editor action section):
SWS/BR: Convert selected CC events in active item to linear envelope points in selected envelope (and some variations of it)

doesn't copy into automation items currently though

I didn't know about this action, great, I'll try it.

It would be great if a native action would be implemented.

Because of the new envelopes-like midi CC lanes structure, maybe they could enable copy/paste from midi editor CC lanes to envelopes and viceversa; and also an action to convert directly midi CC lanes to envelopes.

I often use envelopes for some automations as they give me an overall vision of the track dynamics but...for recording purposes midi editor lanes are more functional so I'd like to record there what I need and then copy/paste automation I would like to have in envelopes.

Maybe also some "linking" option between envelope lanes and midi cc lanes would be great. I could edit envelopes and see the mirrored editing in midi cc lanes and viceversa.

Does the SWS action work with the new midi CC lanes?
Old 07-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
EvilDragon

New CC lanes are just a visual change, the underlying data is still the same (and different to host automation data)...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #7
EvilDragon

Quote:
Thanks for fixing this!!

I think I asked about this behavior a number of pres ago...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
MaXyM

Initially I wanted to report a minor issue of stable version: applying DPI scale to scrollbars requires Reaper restart, while for other GUI elements a theme reload is enough.

However playing with dev0707 build to verify if it's already fixed, I found several theming related issues:

1. developed changes affects themes marked as version 5. It would be nice if v5 themes remain unaffected (unless subjected changes are not fixes/improvements)
2. strange behaviour of global_scale (from theme) vs DPI scale (in prefs). It seems like:
- the greater DPI scale the bigger ALL GUI objects
- the greater global_scale the smaller fonts, volume sliders and toolbar icons. Also areas marked by pink lines (probably yellow too) are being smaller
3.Unless I'm missing something, toolbar icon are displayed in pixel size multiplied by OS dpi setting. So if toolbar icon is bigger (ie 2x bigger than default) to maintain image quality, than it's displayed as huge image (350%). Leaving toolbar icons with default pixel sizes will result with blurred images. toolbar_blank size controls only a few icons from midi editor. But not others, incl. main toolbar.
4. value 1.0 of dpi scale an global_scale disables usage of those parameters instead of setting 1.0. I would decouple their values from fact of usage.

I'm aware and thankful for development toward hidpi/big screens compatibility. I found, that Reaper 0707 takes Windows dpi settings into account. It automatically scales everything to the scale (in my case its 175%) when global_scale and DPIscale are disabled. Finally scaling volume sliders has been added. Even pink lines too!! wow. I knew it needs a change, even if WT claimed opposite

PS. At the end of posting I'm having idea that #3 is an attempt to mimic the same look of v5 theme with system dpi scale taken into account. But it doesn't result with the same appearance. Anyway I'm assuming it might be result of some intentional development prior to final version.

with regards

Last edited by MaXyM; 07-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
2. strange behaviour of global_scale (from theme) vs DPI scale (in prefs). It seems like:
For the most part global_scale is going to be deprecated.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote