Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 07-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
Rangler
Human being with feelings

Default Reverse Vert/Horiz Scroll doesn't change TouchPad behavior

I want to keep natural scrolling for OS X Sierra, but I want to reverse it in Reaper so I can 2-finger scroll knobs and faders in the correct direction.

I clicked the 2 boxes in Preferences to reverse them, but it didn't do anything.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #2
solger

Have a look at using Scroll Reverser (which you can show in the menu bar for quick access to enable/disable it): https://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Have a look at using Scroll Reverser (which you can show in the menu bar for quick access to enable/disable it): https://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/
Thanks but I only want to reverse the trackpad scroll on reaper and nowhere else. Reaper has a preference setting for reverse scroll, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
Thanks but I only want to reverse the trackpad scroll on reaper and nowhere else. Reaper has a preference setting for reverse scroll, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Yeah, I know. The reverse option in Reaper for the touchpad is also not working here for the faders, controls, etc.

So using Scroll Reverser seems the easiest 'workaround' since you can simply only activate it (via the menu bar icon) when using Reaper. And deactivate it again when using a different app.
And it's also probably faster than going into the System Preferences and changing the Scroll Behavior there every time you change apps ...

Last edited by solger; 08-04-2017 at 03:13 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Yeah, I know. The reverse option in Reaper for the touchpad is also not working here for the faders, controls, etc.

So using Scroll Reverser seems the easiest 'workaround' since you can simply only activate it (via the menu bar icon) when using Reaper. And deactivate it again when using a different app.
And it's also probably faster than going into the System Preferences and changing the Scroll Behavior there every time you change apps ...
Ah, I see what you mean now. Turn it on when using reaper. Etc. Thanks.