Old 10-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
DrGed
Human being with feelings

Default Hybrid 3 LFO question

I am trying to use the LFO in Hybrid 3 to create a "staccato" sound when holding down a note (or chord). The sound I'm after is like that at the beginning of "Won't get fooled again" by The Who. I know the LFO is crucial to this, as is the cut off, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Ged
DrGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
Stella645

You need an LFO set to square wave modulating the amplitude to create the pulsing and then a slower lfo modulating cuttoff to give some movement.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
domzy

a quick way to approximate the sort of effect you are after would be to use a noise or random waveform for the LFO (not sure what lfo waveforms are available in hybrid, so maybe this isn't an option) and to then use this to modulate the filter cutoff.

edit - i was thinking of "who are you" i think - CSI has mangled all those who tunes in my head into 1

Last edited by domzy; 10-10-2019 at 01:34 PM.
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Stella645

OK...just had a quick play....watch out for the two layers....turn off layer 2 while editing layer 1 to get the effect you're after....then you can replicate the lfo settings across to 2 if you want to add another layer (or at least lfo1 to keep the steady pulsing)

Here's a very quick approximation...though I couldn't get it particularly organ like as the dgfa track the lfo is doing something similar.
If you want to try it you'll need to unzip and place in your Hybrid presets folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Staccato.zip (1.4 KB, 89 views)
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:58 AM   #5
DrGed

Many, many thanks for the replies, especially the preset that Stella645 kindly sent me. It's very, very close to what I wanted and I'm not sure that I need to tweek it much, if at all.

I'll be using that in a track that I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I'll be back on here to share with you all when I've got it done.

Thanks again,

Ged
DrGed is offline   Reply With Quote